Chapter 3

Boy In My Dreams

“I don’t like this.” Blake announces as the three walk out of their noisy classroom as the last bell rings.

“It’s not like he announced that he’s my stalker or something.” Tiffany replies with a little laugh.

“Well who in the world just randomly pops up and says let’s be friends?”

“Some people are just hard to understand.” Tiffany says as both Blake and her turn to stare at Sally who was once again stuck in her own world. No one really knows what goes on in her head, but one thing that we know for sure is that she is probably related to a zombie; and like how Zombies need brains, Sally needs Kyungsoo, one of the rare things that seem to bring her back to life (or reality). The front gate comes to view when Blake suddenly stops in his track almost causing Sally to bump into him.

“Not again…” frustration can be heard in Blake’s voice as he sighs.

The two girls follow his gaze and see a now familiar figure standing by the gate. The tall male gives a little wave as he spots the trio and jogs towards them.

“I forgot to get your number.” Sehun says with a little smile, his cheeks turning to the softest shade of pink.

 “Oh yeah!” Tiffany says with a smile as she reaches into her pocket and finds a wrinkled piece of a wrapper from a sweet. She quickly scribbles down the number she knows off by heart. “Here you go.” She smiles as she hands the paper to Sehun, their finger touching for a brief moment. Blake flinches as he watches this interaction.

“I’ll text you.”

That night Tiffany lied on her bed, cover drawn, breathing in the smell of the sun; her mom must have washed them. She grabs her teddy bear, it is quite honestly not impressive at all, it had come from a claw machine, but somehow it stuck with her though her life so far.

“Do you think he’ll message me?” She says to the teddy that stares blankly back to her. “NO! I don’t really want him to… or maybe just a little bit… or a lot.” She stares at her teddy bear with a small frown, touching the worn patches, the evidence of her childhood. “I’m just curious that’s all.” She turns onto her side, clutching the teddy bear to her chest. “Good night…” she says giving up on her complicated emotions. She closes her eyes, thinking of the dream she had, the warmth of his hand felt so real. The sound of her phone vibrating on the wooden bedside jolts her back to consciousness. She bolts up and grabs her phone, her heart beating excitedly.

- Hello. This is Sehun, but you probably guessed already, ke ke ke >.<. Did I wake you up? I did, didn’t I? Sorry. I am so nervous, I almost as much as I was today. But I won’t bother you anymore (at least for tonight!), go sleep!

Tiffany reread the message several times throughout the day the next day. She had replied with a simple good night. She looked over to Sally who was sitting facedown, looking paler that usual. “Are you ok?” Tiffany asks, concerned.

“I took so Vitamin C yesterday.” Sally says softly.

“Shouldn’t you be feeling better then?” Tiffany asks.

Sally nods, “I don’t know what happened.”

Tiffany shakes her head in disbelief, of course sally’s body isn’t going to work the same way as other humans. “Do you want to go home?” Tiffany asks to which Sally only manages to nod.

“I’ll go ask Blake to take you home.” She says as he head to where Blake was talking to a couple of other classmate.

“Sally’s feeling sick; could you bring her home on your bike?” Tiffany asks. “Please?” She adds for good measures.

“Sure.” Blake says as concern floats in his eyes. “I’ll go get my bike.”

“I’ll meet you at the gate with your things. I’ll tell the teacher, it is only one more hour of school left anyways, I’m sure it’ll be fine.” Blake nods as he jogs out of the classroom.

Tiffany watched the two cycles out of the school. The teacher barely commented on their absence, accepting their absence. The last bell rings, and she packs up her things, dreading the walk home alone. It was so rare that both Blake and Sally weren’t there. She head out of the front door when she hears her name.

“Tiffany!”

She turns around to see Sehun jogging towards her, his bag bouncing as he got closer.

“Hello.” She says with a smile.

“Where’s the other two?” He asks.

“Sally is sick, Blake brought her home.”

“She’s ok right?” Sehun asks biting softly on his lip.

“I think she’ll be fine, she’s not human.”

Sehun chuckles at the comment.

“So where do you stay?” Sehun asks.

“Near XX.”

“No way! I stay around there too!” Sehun says excitedly. “Care if I join you?” He asks in a funny prince like manner holding out his arm.

Tiffany giggles as she takes his hand.

The two chat about random things in the world, what they think about ants, why is a tree called a tree? Who decided that? The candid chatter ended up with Tiffany trying to catch her breath as she held onto Sehun for support. All too soon, they were standing in front of her house.

“No way!” Sehun says, His mouth making a perfect O. “I live like 5 minutes walk from here!”
“Really?” Tiffany asks in disbelief, how could he be staying so close and they never crossed paths before.

“Well I moved here quite recently though… about 5 maybe 6 months ago?”

Tiffany draws a sharp breath, her dreams started around then? Is it just a coincidence? Or is there something else going on?

“Well, I need to get home, but you’ll be seeing me again, especially now that I know where you live!” Sehun jokes with a twinkle in his eye.

The next morning, the classroom was alive, people whispering about Tiffany and Sehun’s trip home. Tiffany chose to ignore it, but Blake was adamant in denying the rumors of the two were dating. His eyes warning those who dare to doubt his word. Of course there are those who are push people’s buttons.

“Hey, Congratulations!” A rowdy group of boys yelling as the trio crossed paths with them.

The comment itself was innocent enough but it was enough to tick Blake off, causing him to clench his fist tightly to prevent himself from doing anything he would regret later. Tiffany sees this, and puts her hand on his clenched fist, and immediately his fist relaxes a little bit.

“You two are not dating.” He says softly, as if to convince himself.

“No, we’re not.” Tiffany replies with a small smile.

“Tiffany!” A voice yells from across the hallway causing all eyes to turn to the person.

Blake swore softly when he sees Sehun walking down the hallway towards them. “Speak of the devil.” He mutters causing Tiffany to hit his arm softly in warning.

“Hey Sehun.” Sally says.

“Where you guys headed?” he asks as he waves a hello.

“Just going to lunch.” Blake answers vaguely.

“We’re going to eat outside.” Tiffany smiles as she points to the table hiding behind the trees.

“That’s a good place to nap! But I’ve never eaten lunch there… I never thought of it.” Sehun comments.

“Do you want to join us?” Tiffany asks; not noticing Blake stiffen while a blank expression passes over his face.

“Sure!” Sehun says as they walk toward.

They were halfway to the table when Blake suddenly stops walking, “I forgot I needed to do something, you guys go ahead.” He says grimly.

The three watch as Blake jogs back to the building where they had came from for a few seconds before they continues towards the trees.

Tiffany gives Sally a questioning look, but Sally simply shakes her head; neither of them knew what Blake forgot. They arrive at the table and sit at their usual spots and take out their lunch when Tiffany realizes she forgot to bring her drink.

“I’ll go get it quickly.” She says.

“Do you want me to go with?” Sally asks barely raising her eyes from her food.

Tiffany shakes her head, waving away the idea, “I’ll go get it, and it won’t take long, stay with Sehun.” Sehun glances at Sally who is still focused eating, only pausing to drink some milk and then gives Tiffany a “don’t leave me here alone’ look. Tiffany laughs as she leans closer to Sehun, “Don’t worry, She doesn’t bite… but she has a mean kick; just a little warning.” Tiffany whispers before running towards the school building.