Gives You Hell

Killing Them Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They're meeting up with his roommate when Eunji realized that she hadn't asked for his name. Again. She burned with shame—this man had just saved her life, and she couldn't even remember basic courtesy.

 

But he didn't seemed bothered when she finally asked. Just answered in a very casual like way, "Chanyeol. You?"

 

"Jung Eunji."

 

The corner of his lips quirked into a smile, "Nice to meet you."

 

She chuckled, agreeing and they continued walking in comfortable silence. They took the stairs and went down a floor, where he and his roommate lived. There was a man standing in the midst of headless corpses, and Eunji assumed that was him.

 

"Hey," he gave her a friendly smile which Eunji automatically reciprocated. "I'm Baekhyun. Glad you're okay. We heard you scream and this guy practically tore through everything in his path running to rescue you."

 

Chanyeol shot him a glare, not finding any amusement in his teasing.

 

"I wasn't the one screaming though." Eunji revealed. 

 

Baekhyun laughed at that, nodding in aquisition. "I'm just kidding. Nonetheless we did heard screams, but Chanyeol decided to go because he runs faster."

 

"He came just in time," Eunji glanced at the man appreciatively.

 

Baekhyun was looking down with a curious expression, "What's on your shoes?"

 

Chanyeol gave her a meaningful look then. Eunji bit down her smile.

 

"Oatmeal. Don't ask. What's on you?"

 

"What?" Baekhyun looked down on himself. Some blood had splattered on his shirt. "Oh as if you don't know."

 

Eunji had to swallow the bile that rose from when she surveyed the sickening scene. It was a sight she would need to get used to because she was now living in a world where such things were commonplace.

 

She caught Chanyeol's eyes, who walked over to asked sympathetically, "Did you know any of these people?"

 

"Not personally, no. I've seen them around the building though." Eunji said quietly. 

 

They had a short moment of silence, of which Baekhyun interrupted them when he cleared his throat.

 

"So shall we go?" Baekhyun grinned at her, exaggeratedly bowing and offering his hand to her so he could help her move around the bloody corpses. Eunji chuckled, solemn mood slightly lifted. 

 

"Thank you, kind sir." 

 

"My pleasure, my lady!" 

 

He winked to Chanyeol when Eunji wasn't looking, and received a scowl in return. Baekhyun led Eunji away and to the staircase, while Chanyeol was left to trail after them with a look that was suspiciously similar to a pout.

 

.

 

"Did you convince her to wear matching clothes or something?"

 

"What?"

 

"I don't know. Give her some lame excuse on how wearing red will repel the zombies? Because I wouldn't be surprised if you did."

 

"Your low opinion of me is touching, as always," Chanyeol snarked. "I didn't, alright? It was a total coincidence."

 

"A coincidence that both of you are a fan of plaid." Baekhyun snickered.

 

"Are you jealous that you don't look as good in them?"

 

Before Baekhyun could respond to that, Eunji who was a few steps ahead of them, pointed out to something in the distance.

 

"Zombies," Chanyeol noted, a hand already going for his gun.

 

"Headcount?"

 

"Too many." Chanyeol said grimly, "Hiding is our best option."

 

He grabbed Eunji by the arm before thinking twice, running off the road and into the thick cover of trees. Baekhyun was close at their heels. Zombies walked slow, but when they catch the scent of a meal, they would rev up like a cheetah on a hunt. Thankfully, this herd of undead hadn't noticed them yet.

 

"Where are we going?" Eunji asked after a few minutes of trekking. She had never liked the overgrown weeds and trees behind her apa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter