first day of duty

In love there are no impossibilities~

So this chapter is more interaction between both princes as well as Princess Bom.

If you think Bom is a good character...

maybe you can prepare yourselves :D

Arghhh I feel like I'm telling you guys too much ^^

Alright hope you all love this chapter :D

I'll update soon...


“Mama~” I called out as he continues pulling me until we arrive at the garden.

“How many times have I told you not to call me mama? Call me Jiyong.”

“I’m afraid I can’t mama~” I said as I bow to him.

“Fine.” He said, pouting as he kicks the random stone on the pavement.

“Mama pardon me for questioning but may I ask why you’ve brought me out here?”

“Ah I just want to know you better. Will you have me a chance to?” He asked.

“If that is what mama wants…” I said as he settles at the bench.

“Yah don’t just stand there. You can take a sit here.” He said as he pat the empty spot beside him. “Come on~” He said pulling me to sit when I continue standing there.

“Is it really alright?” I mumbled to myself but I assume that he heard me for he laugh a little ruffling my hair which I’ve let down.

“You’ve got nice hair. It’s a pity you had to tie them up when you’re having duties.”

“Thank you for your compliment mama.”

“So Lee Chaerin, 19 years old this year and turning 20 on February 26th. Standing at 5ft 4in (162cm) you’re only 45kg (99 lbs). Before you could turn one years old, both of your parents met with an unfortunate accident and since then you’ve been living with your grandparents. One year ago your grandmother passed away and therefore your grandfather decided to let you enter the palace. Am I right?”

“Very accurate indeed mama.” I said, not trying to show him that I’m freaking out at his stalker moves.

“Pardon me for invading into your background information. I have to know who is the one serving me and if that person is going to be of any threat to me.” He said.

“I understand mama. It is important for you to know that. Besides I came in merely a day ago so it is reasonable for you to be more careful.”

“Hey I don’t mean it that way. To be honest I like you. That day when the King introduces you to us, I’ve been drawn to you. Your cat like eyes, your thin lips, that distinct scent on you that smells like strawberry, you seem special.”

“Mama…”

“Don’t worry I don’t have any bad intentions. I just felt like that I need to protect you.”

“Protect me mama?” I asked.

“Hyung. I mean Prince Seunghyun. He can get carried away sometimes. I just hope that no matter what he say, no matter what he do, please just take it lightly alright?”

“Yes mama~”

“And if he does anything too over, look for me you hear that?”

“Thank you mama but I believe Seunghyun mama isn’t someone like that.” I said.

“You never know. Alright it’s late and you have a long day ahead of you. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yes mama. Hope you have a good night.” I said standing in front of him as I bow with my hands on my belly button.

“Neh. You have a good night too.” He said before I retreated back into my quarters.

 -Next morning-

I woke up at 5am, getting myself ready and reported at the maid quarters by 5.30am. My hair neatly tied into a plaid at the back of my head with a green dangui (top) and blue chima (a bulky skirt). I had to report to Jejo sanggung for a routine check then breakfast before looking for her once again so that she could brief me further before bringing me to Prince Seunghyun’s quarters to start my day.

  

(the green and blue hanbok at the back)

“Mama~ I’ve brought you your personal maid.” Jejo sanggung said as she nudges me to greet myself.

“Mama Lee Chaerin at your service.”

“Whatever~” He said ruffling his hair as he walked away. Looks like someone just woke up.

“Lee gungnyeo remember what I’ve told you earlier this morning. Be at your best and make sure you don’t cause any trouble to the Prince you hear that?”

“Neh Jejo sanggung.”

“Prince Seunghyun I would be taking my leave now.” Jejo sanggung said as she left the quarters.

“You! What’s your name again?” He asked as he settles down at the couch.

“Lee Chaerin mama.”

“What a name! Can I call you Chae? It would make my life so much better.”

“As you wish mama~”

“Leave me alone now.”

“But mama…”

“What now?”

“Is there anything you would like me to do?” I ask awkwardly.

“Just leave me alone.”

“Neh mama.” I said and before I could reach the door, he called me once again.

“Yah Chae!”

“Yes mama?” I ask turning back to him, my hands resting on my belly button one over another.

“What is with that outfit anyway?” He said as he came towards me.

“Mama this is what all the maids in the palace are wearing.” I informed.

“Well apparently I have been in here longer than you to notice this but why are you wearing this in my quarters?” He asks.

“Mama~”

“Call appa’s right hand man here now!” He said before he rest on the sofa again.

“Neh mama~” I said excusing myself and quickly head to the servant quarters.

“Lee gungnyeo what are you doing here?” Jejo sanggung ask.

“Mama would like to meet secretary Yang.” I informed.

“Did you do anything wrong Lee gungnyeo?”

“No Jejo sanggung.”

“Alright. You stay here while I get secretary Yang here.” Jejo sanggung said and shortly after she returned with secretary Yang.

“Lee gungnyeo you’re looking for me?” He asks.

“Mama would like to have a word with you.” I said and he nodded before we left the quarters.

“Now that no one is here, tell me what is wrong Chaerin.”

“I don’t know too. Mama commented that I shouldn’t be wearing this set of hanbok. After which he request to speak to you.”

“Alright.” Secretary Yang said as we head to the Prince’s quarters.

“Mama Secretary Yang is here.” I said as I bow to him.

“Mama~ Secretary Yang at your service.” He said bowing to Prince Seunghyun as well. “Mama Bom you are here too.” Secretary Yang mentioned.

“Secretary Yang may I know why Chae is in…”

“Mama that’s a hanbok.”

“Whatever it is. Why is she in that?” He said as he wraps his arms around Princess Bom’s waist.

Princess Bom, Full name Park Bom Lee. She’s one of the two princesses under the Park Kingdom. Her sister, Park Sandara or what people call as Princess Dara and her have been growing up together with the Kwon Princes. I heard that they too return to Korea with the two prince from studying abroad. Maybe that is the reason as to why Prince Seunghyun and Princess Bom are in a relationship. Princess Bom lives up to her name. Long slender legs, doll like features along with a petite frame and luscious red hair. She was in a white dress and boots that emphasis how much of a doll she looked like.

  

“Mama all of the maids in the palace, from sanggung to gungnyeo are expected to don a hanbok.”

“But that’s not what I want! Don’t you think it’s a little…weird? I mean look around here. She does’t fit to what I have here.”

“What do you suggest then mama?”

“Chae!”

“Yes mama~”

“I want you to change into this and be here in 5 minutes time you hear me?!!”

“Neh mama~” I said as I receive the clothes from him before leaving the quarters with secretary Yang. “What…how am I supposed to wear this?” I said as I show secretary Yang what was given to me.

“Chaerin I know you’re a traditional lady but if this is what Prince Seunghyun wants, do you think you can give it a try?”

“But…is this morally correct? I mean, it sticks to my skin. It makes me feel so….”

“This is definitely correct. It’s just another culture that we’ve not been exposed to. Go change into it and I’ll wait outside for you to see how it goes alright?” Secretary Yang assured me before I head into my quarters and change into the new outfit.

“Is this…really okay?” I said as I step out of the room. I had a red long sleeve Victorian top on with lace in the middle as well as black long pants that ran to my ankle. The pants hugged tightly against my skin and it felt uncomfortable at least for me. After all I’ve been used to hanbok with puffy skirt.

“You look really pretty Chaerin ah~” He commented as he made me turn around.

“I don’t know about this secretary Yang.”

“Come on I thought you have only 5 minutes? Don’t keep mama waiting.” Secretary Yang said before he walks me to his quarters. “There you go. Good luck.”

“Mama…” I said as I enter the room.

“There you are. What took you so long?!!” He flared making me flinch a little.

“My apologies mama. This is the first time I’m actually…wearing such clothing.” I said as I tried adjusting the outfit.

“Wow look at you!” Princess Bom said running to me as she made me spread my arms out wide, judging me from head to toe.

“Mama…”

“It seems like this is really your first. Let me help you.” She said as she pulled the shirt lower before straightening it.

“Babe what do you think?” Prince Seunghyun asks.

“Tabi I must say I’m jealous. Seems like I have competition.” Princess Bom said before she joins Prince Seunghyun.

“How is that possible my lady?” He said as he kisses her softly on her forehead.

“Look at her. She’s a total S figure. She is at least a B on the top while her back, you can totally rest a cup on it.” Princess Bom said and I could feel Prince Seunghyun eye’s running over my body.

“You’re right my love. She indeed has a prize body. But she still have lots to learn from you. Her legs look tough unlike yours.”

“Aigoo Tabi stop joking. It would be better if she could bun her hair up tho.”

“Chae.”

“Yes mama~” I said as I bow my head a little.

“I’m spending the day in with Bom so you are not required here. You should rest for the day.”

“Mama…”

“Just do as I say. If you get into trouble with Jejo sanggung, tell her to talk to me personally. In the first place I’ve told appa that I didn’t need a maid so even if you slack in your work, I’m not going to do anything.”

“N…neh mama. Before I leave, do you have any instructions for me regarding tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow? I’ll tell you when you come in. Oh and don’t you come in so early tomorrow. Just report here at…just report here at 11am you hear me? And you heard Bom, report to work with you hair bun up.”

“Yes mama~”

“You may take your leave now.”

“Mama I would be taking my leave now.” I said bowing to the two who are already cuddling together on the sofa before I left.

Aish am I doing this wrong? I’m dismissed early on my first day of work and all I did was to change my uniform, getting judge by the Prince and Princess and I’ve off? And I don’t even have to report to work until 11am? Did he hate me so much that he don’t want to see me whenever he can?

“Chaerin? Chaerin is that you?” I heard someone called and I turn to see Prince Jiyong. Not again?

“Mama~” I said as I bow to him.

“Arghhh I seriously have to get used to all this. Anyway I see you’ve seen hyung and noona. Did he make you change your uniform?”

“Neh mama~”

“I knew he would do that. Are you alright with what he is giving you? You look…uncomfortable.”

“Mama thank you for your concern but I’m fine.”

“Where are you heading to?”

“I…I’m dismissed for the day mama. I guess I would be in the study room since it’s early.”

“You like studying?”

“I’ve never had the chance to study so I would like to learn as much as I can upon this opportunity mama.”

“Mmm. I’ll see you around?”

“Neh mama~”