Solar's perspective

Welcome Back Idiot

“There’s no time to explain! C’mon c’mon wake up!! Hurry!”

As I open my eyes some sort of force yanks me out of the bed making me land on my bum with a loud thud. Clothes are being thrown to my face while the voice keeps telling me to hurry. I instantly think that something has happened to maknaes, putting on the jumper quickly and the jeans as I hope out of the room. Now fully awake and in a pretty worried state I look around the living room praying that they didn't do anything to the house. Last time they were left alone in my living room I ended up finding rests of green goo for a month.

Only this time there was no mess in my house. No one with a twisted ankle. No crying on the floor. Just Moonbyul on her pyjamas in my couch watching the latest broadcast about F(x) comeback.

“Did you just wake me up to watch you drool over Krystal?”

“I did. Now get your pretty little in here with me so we can cuddle, it’s cold in your living room.” She made her point grabbing my rainbow blanket and wrapping it around herself.

“How did you even get in here!?”

“Eh…my key?”

“Why do I even bother…Scoot over you pabo.” I shake my head with a big grin as I flopped down on the sofa.

I turn to look at her face as she stares at the screen. Her nose muscles in full force as she gushes over how pretty Krystal is this comeback. As we both look over at the teasers I cant help but still feel tired, falling back on the sofa.

I don't think she knows I’m still awake, but I can hardly keep a smile from forming when I feel her turn off the TV, taking the blanket off of her and putting it properly over me. What I really can’t help is my cheek from burning up when her long slender fingers caress my cheek and move my hair out of my face.

“When God created you he was clearly showing of…” I know she’s smirking. I don't know how but I can just feel it.

And there’s certainly nothing better than how she pulls me to her side making sure that I'm not cold, even if that means that she’s in one of the worst positions ever or that she cant watch f(x).

 

“Hey kids. Ready to go out for lunch? Don’t forget to grab a coat and a scarf. Hyejin, go wake Byul up or we’ll be late for reservations.”

“Unnie…”

“What now? Tell her I don’t want to hear about it. I don't care how much she wants to stay in and write or play games. She needs to get out of her room or I swear I’ll go myself to drag her out.”

“Unnie…Byul-unnie isn’t in here anymore.”

“What is that supposed to mean Wheein? I swear if she went to the restaurant without us to eat more I’ll kill her.”

“No Unnie. She left.”

“Wha…what do you mean she left? Like went home for a week?”

“She left a note. She says she needs time to fix her life. She wont say where she’s going cause she needs the space, but that she’s going with more people so we shouldn’t worry. She should be back in two weeks.”

 

“It’s been two weeks. She said two weeks.”

“Unnie…c’mon let’s go home.”

“She said two weeks. What if she comes back and I’m not here to welcome her back? She’ll get mad like when we didn't pick her up after Christmas. I need to be here for when she comes back.”

“Solar…she’s not coming back.”

“You don't know that. She’s very bad at lying. She said two weeks.”

 

Sitting up on her bed she crawled to the headboard curling up with her arms around her legs. A look to her bedside table showed her the electric alarm clock she had gotten two Christmas ago marked 7:45 am. At least I managed to get some sleep this time. Taking a deep breath Solar walked to the bathroom to wash off the sleep, and tears, on her face.

Wish a deep sigh she got a quick shower and went to her kitchen to make some tea. Oh the irony…She chuckled as her feet got her to the spacious wardrobe she had created on the spare bedroom. Sipping on her tea slowly, she had learned her lesson (more or less) about drinking it too fast; she let her hands travel across the numerous dresses and skirts. After trying on a few different get ups she decided on a short shift dress with black boot wedges. Solar's hands instantly went for her necklace making sure it stayed hidden under the dress.

 

Grabbing her bag and a black floppy hat Solar headed to the exit plugging in her earphones. What I need right now is to just calm down…The path was a familiar one, her autopilot taking her to the river, away from the caos that Seoul is. She can’t really help but smile to her self as she sees a few kids point at her with amazed eyes. They might not be at their peak anymore but thanks to her occasional job as a model and form walking around the neighbourhood it was pretty frequent that people recognised her on the street.

As she walked her mind went back to the day prior. She had always been hard to read but the Byul that had come back to her sometimes felt like a complete stranger. She could go from treating her like she always had, skinship and greasiness on full force, but then she’d suddenly stop moving to the other side of the room even to stay away from Solar. But last night it had been completely different from anything they had been through. The way Byul had asked her to keep singing…almost begging, it broke Solar's heart just to think about it. What had happened in the past 24 months that had broken her to that point. There was no light on her eyes, her smiles never reached her nose…

What pained her the most about Moonbyul leaving hadn’t been the fact that she hadn’t said goodbye, although that did hurt big time, but the fact that Solar hadn’t noticed any changes on her behaviour. And if you need to leave the country for 2 years to be able to cope with something it should be big enough that her best friend would know. In fact Solar thought they had been at their best.

Her phone started buzzing in her hand, looking at the screen she frowned unlocking it angrily.

“Hey. I thought I told you not to call me again.”

“But babe-“

“No! I’m not your babe, not your girl not your anything! Get it in your head. We.are.done. We never were anything to begin with…”

“How can you say that? After all those dates, I introduced you to my parents!”

“I never asked you to! I told you after our first…date, that I wanted to be just friends. But you kept pushing because you knew how hard it is for me to say no.”

The voice on the other end of the line sighed “Yongsun, love, I get it that you are hurt because I cheated on you, but it was a one time thing!”

“Don't.call.me.that. You don't get to call me that name. And we were never dating! You couldn't have cheated on me because there was no relationship! I went out with you because I felt bad turning you down!”

“You will regret this. Don’t make me do something I don’t want to.”

“Oh that’s rich. Are you seriously threatening me? It’s been almost two years. Move on.”

“As you wish…”

Solar was left with open about to reiterate when the line got cut. As if my day wasn't bad enough, now this! She groaned throwing herself on a bench in front of the river. Positive thinking Yongsun, if you are positive everything can be faced. Looking down at her phone she smiled seeing a few texts on her group conversation with the other three beagles. Reading them over she could feel how her bad mood was lifted of her shoulders. Moonbyul and Hwasa were currently in a debate on whether people should send good morning texts before 10 am or not. Wheein on the other hand kept sending pictures of puppies and YouTube videos with ideas for her choreos.

 

After lunch with Choa and a quick scape of the platinum blonde girl Solar decided to go visit the girls at the studio. Soon all the classes would transfer to the GreySky building to safe money and she wanted to visit the local before that happened. Lil Wayne blasting loud on her ears she couldn't help but dance a little in every red light. I should’ve been a rapper…she thought to her self as she mouthed the lyrics to song after song, her smile bright as the sun as she walked down the streets to the studio.

 

“Hwasa! Wheein! I’m here!” She shouted a bit too loud as soon as she went through the doorframe. Of course they are playing loud music. Again. Taking her hat off and dropping her things in the small office at the entrance Solar walked happily to the dance room.

The first thing she saw was Hwasa sitting down on Wheein’s lap, the shorter girl making faces trying to push her best friend off, but to no avail. Then Moonbyul appeared on the scene pulling on Hwasa’s arm finally freeing Wheein. Moonbyul and Hwasa stayed on the floor laughing hard before they saw her waving happily. Solar didn’t miss the way Moonbyul's eyes drifted form her when she caught her staring. Is Byul…blushing? A sly smirk appearing on Solar’s face as she walked into the room, her hips maybe moving from side to side a bit more than normal. Maybe.

But that smirk quickly disappeared the second she saw a taller thin girl lean closer to Moonbyul helping her up. Solar frowned as she saw the girls back and the smile on Moonbyul's face when the tall her said something to her. She was about to go talk to her when the girl turned.

“Solar-unnie!” Lime said bowing to the older girl respectfully.

“He-hey…Lime. It’s been a long time, how come you are here?” she asked her eyes drifting to Moonbyul, the rapper too busy in her own little world to notice.

“Oh. Eh…well Solji told me that Byul-yi told her where the studio was, and since Wheein had offered to let me come and practice more than once I thought it was about time.” The young idol smiled turning to the side to direct another smile to Wheein.

“Lim! C’mon I want to try that thing.” Moonbyul said excited as she pulled on the taller girls arm.

Solar felt a tug on her own arm getting dragged back to the wall with Wheein and Hwasa. Both maknaes sharing a secretive look as they read the leaders features.

“So…unnie, how is it going?” Hwasa asked biting her lower lip trying not to smile. Not like Solar would notice, her eyes were glued to Lime as she touched and was being touched by Moonbyul.

“Good.” What the hell does she need to put her hands there for?

“You sure? Your face is a bit red…”

“I said I’m good”

“So…you are not jealous?” Wheein chipped in as she watched the other two dancers interact.

“Why would I be jealous? There’s no reason whatsoever for me to be jealous. Nothing.” Solar was practically fuming, Hwasa was looking at her ears waiting for the smoke to start coming out.

“Right. Cause you don’t like Moonbyul-yi.”

“We talked about this. I don’t like her, and if I ever did feel anything for her it all died when she left me. Us. When she left us.”

“God I don't know who is worse at lying her or you…” Wheein mumbled but it was clear enough for Solar to hear making her turn around, her glare now directed at the younger dancer.

Her attention back to Moonbyul and Lime as she sulked in a chair. Moonbyul laughed at something the taller girl said walking to the stereo. Oh no. Not this song. Solar watched with pure horror how Lime started swaying her hips to the beat of Body Party while Moonbyul just smiled from the side at first, before joining in.

The dance styles were completely different but in a weird they complemented each other. When Moonbyul pushed Lime pulled back, back and forth with the beat.

My body is your party, baby

Nobody's invited but you baby

I can do it slow now, tell me what you want

Baby put your phone down, you should turn it off

Cause tonight it's going down, tell your boys it's going down

We in the zone now, don't stop

Solar felt Wheein’s hand in hers as the human puppy tried to distract her somehow from the show in front of them. Needless to say, it didn't work. The only thing that Solar managed thanks to Wheein was to squeeze her hand so hard the other one started to try and put her hand away.

You can't keep your hands off me, touch me right there, rock my body

I can't keep my hands off you, your body is my party

I'm doing this little dance for you

You got me so excited

Solar’s eyes started to water as she finally saw Moonbyul smiling brightly while she danced. Trying to pass it off as a small cough she failed, starting to cough for real making it hard to breath. Her actions drew Moonbyul’s attention that when she saw Solar's face rushed to her patting her back strong but carefully.

“There there…Are you better Yongsun?” Moonbyul asked with a soft smile as her hand kept rubbing circles on the older girls back.

Solar just nodded, her frown coming back as she saw Lime in the background trying to repeat Moonbyul's dancing moves. She felt a tap on her chin and she turned back her face to look at the rapper.

“Don't frown Yongsun, you don’t know who could be falling for your smile.” And before either of them could notice the others blush Moonbyul started packing her things. “Eh…I have company stuff. You know meetings and boring things. I’ll see you tomorrow at the concert.”

“Wait I’ll go with you! You can drop me off somewhere closer to my apartment.” Lime said sending a smile to everyone before rushing out the door to follow Moonbyul.

 

Two hours of teasing and interrogation later Solar had managed to leave the dance studio. On the way home her mind kept going back to the feelings of jealousy she had felt seeing Moonbyul with Lime. It’s not like I have a right to be jealous anyway…What we said that night…it was a long time ago, she probably forgot about it in London. Maybe he was right…Maybe she never felt anything for me in the first place and it was just some stupid crush from spending all that time together and the fans telling us that we should be together. Ya-ah why is this so complicated. Stupid, stupid, stupid Byul. Taking out her keys Solar rested her head on the door first before taking a deep breath and walking into unit 16.

 


 

I’m so sorry for taking so long to update, but this chapter wasn’t planned. I decided to write it in the end cause everything seemed a bit rushed in some aspects, so I hope this gives you some insight on the other side of the story. Looks like Moonbyul's place didn't go to waste.

Thank you for reading as always and don't forget to comment, your opinion is always appreciated.

The next chapter is about the concert and is mostly written just need to work out some details. Should have it up later today.

Also these a video on youtube with a side by side of Moonbyul and Lime dancing to that song in case you wanna check it out (It's just 1min) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnXDgpY1ccc