12/21

Welcome Back Idiot

Moonbyul stretched her back and arms above her head making the joints crack. After a whole day moving her things she was pretty much settled on the new place. Using her forearm she cleaned the sweat on her forehead before flopping down on the sofa with a tired smile. Hearing sounds behind her she turned her head just in time to see a cold water bottle being thrown her way.

“You are the best.”

“I know.” Minhyuk said with a smirk as he sat next to him closing his eyes. “Remind me why did I agree to do this again?”

“Cause you love me. And you missed me. Plus unnie said that she’d introduce you to her friend if you helped.”

“Oh right” He said drinking form his own bottle running a hand through his damp hair. Looking around he saw how the house was filled with things but still didn't feel like a home. They would have to give it some time before it was filled with memories. “I’m surprised you were the one to move away instead of Eddy.”

“Nah, I can work anywhere but he has to be on the company all the time. It makes sense.” Moonbyul said shoving him into a different position to be able to lay with her head on her twins lap.

Laughing he shook his head yawning. Looking out the window Minhyuk saw how the night had already taken over the city, the streetlights making it glow in a mush of colours. Feeling Moonbyul shift on his lap he looked down seeing her half asleep with open making him shake his head. She was clearly over worked but refused to give herself a day of rest. One of these days she’s going to drop dead from exhaustion.

Taking out his phone Minhyuk smiled at the selfie they had taken earlier that day to show their mum and sister, and Solar, that they were actually working and not just lazing around.

“Hey”

“What now...?”

“How do you know when it’s the right time to confess to someone?” Minhyuk chocked on his water looking down at Moonbyul.

“What are you talking about Byul? You… you are not cheating on Yongsun-ah are you?!”

“WHAT!?” She said sitting back up “What in the world makes you think I would do such a thing?” she said smacking his brother up the back of his head. Hard.

“Then why are you asking such stupid things? You already confessed to her, why does it matter when it should be done if it has been done already.” The older one said pouting and rubbing the back of his head

“Ya-ah…we…I haven’t told her that I love her yet.” She mumbled looking down at her lap.

“Huh? What do you mean you haven’t?”

“I’ve confessed to her about being in love with her. But I haven’t managed to tell her that I love her. Being in love and loving someone is completely different...You can fall in love in a matter of seconds, but love requires work and a much deeper understanding of each other. I haven’t found the right time to say it I guess. Plus she hasn't said it either so I don’t know where we stand.” Moonbyul mumbled with a groan before falling back with her head on Minhyuk’s lap. “Whyyyyyyyyyy?” she whined closing her eyes.

“I don’t know… I guess you just say it whenever you feel it. Or you could do it during the Christmas party. That should be romantic enou-Omo…sleeping again?” He said with a smile resting his head back on the sofa to rest as well.

His rest was short however as notification came in from one of s telling him to go back to the dorm for an emergency meeting. He shoved Moonbyul unceremoniously to make sure she woke up.

“Hey kiddo I gotta run.” Getting no response from the girl on his lap he groaned “Byul get off. C’mon get up!” Minhyuk said standing up without waiting for her to sit up, resulting in Moonbyul falling to the floor. “Try not to break anything while I'm gone ok?”

From the floor Moonbyul could only glare at him and wave goodbye before trying to gather strength to get up. Reaching to her back pocket she took her phone out as the door locked behind Minhyuk. She smiled reading Solar’s last text from a few hours ago. Walking to the bedroom area she replied, the smile never leaving her lips.

-Yebaaaaaaa, just finished unpacking everything. Still at work??

+Hey! Yeah, still working out the schedules with manager unnie -__-‘

-What about I take a quick shower and go pick you up? We can grab some dinner afterwards.

+Perfect! See you in a bit <3

Moonbyul smiled getting ready to get in the shower when another notification came through.

+Ps: I missed you today. Drive safe

 

Waving to the doorman of the company Moonbyul smiled as she took off her coat walking around the company looking for Solar. She was nowhere to be found and Moonbyul started to get worried when the manager told her that Solar said she was leaving 30 minutes prior.

Running around the different floors she stopped when she heard music coming from one of the dance practice rooms. Solar was in the middle dancing like a fool with one of the new trainees they had just hired while the rest just looked amused at the older woman. Moonbyul smiled at the way her girlfriend was playing around, clearly trying to get the younger kids to loosen up.

Pushing the door open she stepped in slowly, not wanting to disturb the bonding exercises, only to be greeted by a cheering Solar. Grinning wide Moonbyul gave the trainees a small wave, her attention drifting from Solar momentarily. Big mistake. Taking the opportunity the leader jumped on Moonbyul almost making them fall over if it wasn't for the taller girl’s reflexes.

Raising an eyebrow as she looked at her girlfriend Moonbyul turned her head to see the trainees trying not to laugh.

“Ok. Speak up. Who gave her sugar?”

“Oh shut up, can’t I be excited to see you now?” Solar said tugging on her coat throwing it somewhere on the floor. “Come dance with us!”

“Yongsun-ah…I’m tired” Moonbyul tried to hide the smile on her face but when Solar kept grinning like that she knew she could never fight it.

“C’mon…please?” Solar pouted giving Moonbyul her big puppy eyes using all the aegyo she could muster. “Just two more songs. I promise, two songs and we’ll leave”

Shaking her head Moonbyul ended up nodding signalling to Solar to take the ‘stage’ first. Watching Solar jump up and down and do body rolls with the kids Moonbyul had to work hard on not loosing it, her arms crossed on her chest and one eyebrow disappearing behind her bangs. Looking to her side she saw Sam Kim walking up to him about his latest demo that had a dance-y vibe to it.

“What better way to know if people would dance to it than to put it here?” Sam said as he rushed to the stereo plugging in his phone.

 

Moonbyul was leaning against the wall as she waited for Solar to get changed so they could finally go home. Her eyes roaming over the different headlines of the day when she felt someone coming closer making her look up. A smile forming on her lips when she saw Solar how she liked her best, barely any make up, a loose ponytail and her freakisly adorable brown pea coat.

“You look gorgeous yeba.” Moonbyul smirked pecking her girlfriend’s cheek before throwing an arm around Solar’s shoulders.

“Duh.” Solar said turning to Moonbyul as they walked. “Let me drive today. I found a really good restaurant but I don’t know if I could give you directions to it properly, I just know where to turn when I see it.”

Moonbyul frowned as they approached her car. Looking from the black sports car to the singer and back to her car. Ready to say no she turned back to Solar, her words on when she saw the aegyo her girlfriend was doing. With a groan her head fell in shame offering the keys.

“That’s cheating.”

“Ah ah just get in.” Solar smiled skipping to the driver’s side.

It’s not that Moonbyul doesn’t trust Solar with her car. It’s that she doesn’t trust Solar driving. The girl was too bright and easily distracted. So for the first 20 minutes in the car she held for dear life to the side of the car with her eyes half closed whenever Solar passed another car. Turning her face to watch Solar she couldn’t help but bark a laugh at the older girl’s annoyed expression.

“I’m not bad at driving and you know it.”

“Yeah yeah…Where are we going by the way?”

“Shhh I’ve taken you hostage tonight. You need to pay for yesterday.” Solar smirked making a quick turn when she almost missed the exit.

“WHAT!? But but you said you forgave me!” Moonbyul panicked not liking one bit the amused look on Solar’s face.

Without giving an answer Solar directed one of her sweet bright smiles to her girlfriend. I’m going to die. I’m going to die the day before my birthday and it’s all because of this mad woman. Suddenly the car stopped throwing her forward only to be held back by the seatbelt making Moonbyul grunt in surprise.

“Ya-ah we are here…” She heard Solar say before the older girl exited the car and walked to her side opening the door for her.

Looking around as she stepped out of the vehicle Moonbyul registered the impressive architecture of the Olympic Hall. Lights of multiple colours decorating the building, a mass of people waiting in line to enter and huge posters that showed it was a concert.

“What…what is this?” Moonbyul turned to find Yongsun right by her side with a shy grin on her face, tucking her chocolate hair behind her ear.

“I… just come with me ok?” Solar said taking Moonbyul’s hand dragging her to a completely different entrance to make things faster.

Moonbyul couldn’t believe her eyes as she was taken through the stadium, no matter how many times she had done that path as an artist it felt different this time. Solar’s grip around her hand tighten before she let go and they entered the stands where thousands of fans cheered to an still empty stage. Finding their sits Solar pulled Moonbyul down on her seat.

“Yongsun…?” The blonde girl asked finally ungluing her eyes from the stage to look at Solar.

Just as Solar was going to answer the lights turned off marking the start of the concert. The music started soft and as it was building up so were Moonbyul’s nerves. Finally standing up in a jump when the lights turned back on and f(x) got on stage.

“Wha…but…I…You”

Solar smiled pulling Moonbyul back on her seat from her coat, her hand sliding down the rappers arm to hold hers, interlacing their fingers. Moonbyul’s jaw fell pointing from her girlfriend to the stage.

“I even asked Amber for tickets! She said there were none left…”

“Ah… don’t worry she didn’t lie to you. I got these without having to ask for any favours, we got them as every other fan in here.” Solar grinned, her eyes almost closed and her two dimples making an appearance. Opening her eyes again completely she chuckled at the excitement in Byul’s face sitting back on her chair.

 

When the concert was coming to an end Solar was as into the concert as Moonbyul had been in the beginning. Grinning wide as she cheered for her friends (and Krystal) she felt a pair of eyes on her looking all around until she realised it was Moonbyul that was looking at her. Solar’s smile bright when she felt Moonbyul’s fingers take hers playing with them careful to not be seen. Leaning closer Solar dropped a small kiss on Moonbyul’s neck as she spoke in her ear.

“Happy birthday baby. I’m sorry for being like that yesterday.” Her hand tugging on Moonbyul’s lightly as she pulled away.

“You really are the best thing that could ever happen to me…” Byul let out, not sure if solar would hear over the loud concert. “And don’t worry I can get possessive too.” Byul chuckled shaking her head.

“I know, but I’m yours.” Solar said looking right into the blonde’s eyes. “I guess you could call me Your-sun instead?” She asked tilting her head to the side.

Moonbyul tried to hold it in but soon enough she barked a loud laugh at her girlfriends attempt at greasiness, not without a deep blush taking over her face.

“God I love you” She smiled shaking her head. Her head snapping up to look at Solar.

She had been talking to Minhyuk about this that day and she managed to just blurt it out. Face palming internally the taller of the two tapped her visor down covering her face. Her blush had reached her ears when she felt Solar push the cap back in place, a loving smile on her face. The leader leaning over to whisper on Moonbyul’s ear, to anyone else ti would just look like two friends trying to talk about something passed the loud music.

“If we were alone right now I would kiss you.” Solar let out as her hot breath tickled Moonbyul’s skin. “And I love you too, I was wondering when you would say it.”

 

Finally in the safe haven that was Moonbyul’s place they talked for hours, those three words repeating over and over again, neither of them would ever get tired of hearing them. Laying in bed, a mess in between the sheets Solar rested her chin on Moonbyul’s stomach, looking up into the loving warm brown eyes of the dancer.

Moonbyul’s hand tracing the white skin on Solar arm and shoulder, up her neck and to her face, his eyes following the trail her fingers left as if she was trying to memorize every single thing about the girl on top of her.

“If this is how my birthday start’s I don’t even want to know what you have in store for tomorrow...” The dancer breathed using her free-from-touching-Solar arm as a pillow. “I’m serious Yeba, tonight was amazing…” a small smile tugging on her lips.

“Even the…”

“Especially that, how can you even…”

“Yoga.” Solar answered kissing Moonbyul's skin, just above her belly button, smirking when she heard the younger girl let out a sound between admiration, appreciation and a moan. “You might love me a little less tomorrow.” She said hiding her face on Moonbyul’s stomach.

“Why is that?” Moonbyul laughed, smacking Solar on the shoulder when the older girl bit down on her side playfully. Not gonna distract me like that Yongsun. That won’t work. This time. Probably. Maybe.

“We have lunch at the Lee’s tomorrow. Auntie called me and you know I can’t say no to her…” Solar said with as much aegyo she could gather to try and avoid angry Byulyi.

Moonbyul groaned moving her arm away from Solar to cover her eyes. If I don’t see her it won’t affect me. Moonbyul of course didn’t count on the fact that whenever she closed her eyes she would see Solar. Well . Opening her eyes back again she took a peak down to find Solar doing her pouty face.

“You really need to stop using it. It’s doomed to loose it’s effect at some point if you over use it.”

“Maybe, but as long as it works I’m happy.” Solar said climbing up so her head rested on Moonbyul's shoulder now. Leaning up to kiss her girlfriend she sneaked an arm around Moonbyul’s waist. “I love you.”

“Aish…I love you too” Moonbyul chuckled back. “You sure there’s no way out of it? I could ask Minhyuk oppa to cover for me…”

“Byulyi. Minhyuk oppa is going to be there as himself.” The older girl said shaking her head at Moonbyul’s curse as she snuggled closer.

Feeling the girls in her arms was about to drift to sleep Moonbyul kissed her forehead softly before a thought went by her head.

“Hey Yeba can you be Solar for a second? I need to talk to the leader of Mamamoo.”

“You should be ashamed…sleeping with one of your employees…” Solar mumbled against the rappers neck but she nodded non-the less.

“I got an offer for a duet. SM has been bugging me a lot with this but I’m not really comfortable with it because of…personal history. So I wanted to have your opinion, I don’t want my bad temper to work against Mamamoo.”

“A duet? They don’t want Mamamoo as a whole?” When Byul’s head shook she breathed deeper. “Who would I be singing with?”

“Oh no no it’s not for you. They want Wheein. That’s why I’m considering it. If it were you I would’ve told them to stick it up their asses a while back…” Moonbyul said raising a fist in the air shaking it angrily.

“Ooh I’m sure Wheein would love it, besides it will help GreySky and the concept of a collaborative company.” Solar smiled kissing Moonbyul’s neck slowly. “Who is she going to sing with?”

“Taemin.”


AN: Ah…so sorry for the delay. I’ve been having trouble writing for this story, which is why I believe it’s time to have it come to a close. There will be 2 more chapters probably. I’m sorry the quality has dropped. I’ll work harder next time I promise.

Please comment even if it’s to critique, it helps me grow as a writer. I hope that it was somewhat entertaining. The past week I uploaded two short stories that you might enjoy. I for one like them more than I like this chapter.

Thank you for reading!

That kind of love (fluff)

Toy (very mild angst)