Room 16

Welcome Back Idiot

Turning around on her bed Moonbyul stared at her ceiling. Since that first night when she had finally seen Solar again she had not been able to sleep properly. Covering her face with both hands she let a loud groan before turning her body slightly to look for her phone. 5:30 am. Great I can’t fall back asleep or I won’t wake up for the meetings.

Throwing the sheets aside she got up, a shiver going up her back as her feet met the cold floor. Rubbing her eyes Moonbyul walked lazily to the living room in order to reach the kitchen and her beloved coffee machine. As she was walking past the sofa something moved making her jump.

“AAhhhhh!!” she said throwing pillows in the direction of the thing that just moved.

“Moonbyul! Moonbyul noona stop it’s me! Byulyii-ahh!!” the voice said making Moonbyul stop with her arm raised, ready to punch whoever was in her living room.

“Jackson? What the hell are you doing in my sofa?!”

“I couldn’t sleep. I started walking and ended up here. Plus you did say that the house was for the company, and I’m party of the company.” The blond guy said running a hand through his hair messing it up before walking with Moonbyul to the kitchen to grab some food.

“You are ridiculous that’s what you are.” Moonbyul said throwing him an orange and setting two cups on the machine. “What happened, your ego wouldn't let you sleep?”

“JB came back.”

Oh. Oh boy.

After JB, Mark and Junior had left to do their military service GOT7 had entered a hiatus to let them prepare new music and concepts. It was also during this time that Jackson had started hanging out with the girls from EXID, developing a mayor crush on the maknae of the group. Two weeks before they left for London pictures had surfaced that confirmed Junghwa’s relationship with JB after they had spent his free weekend at her parents house. Jackson was the only one in the group to really get over his heartbreak out of all of them, but that didn't mean that he was comfortable watching them have a date on his living room.

“You can stay here as long as you want. We need to get the last details ready for the concert anyways, so it’s good that you are already here.” Moonbyul said jumping on the kitchen island in front of him.

“Do we have the list of everyone that is going?” Jackson said scratching his jaw where stubble had begun to grow.

“Yep. I still need to figure out how we are going to do the stages, but so far it’s going to be Amber, Eddy, you and me on stage all the time as MC’s. Then we’ll bring out some people to sing their songs and show their support for the company even if they don't work with us.”

“Oooh daebak, Eddy texted me…yesterday? Yeah I think it was yesterday, about Jimin performing?” his hand reaching out to grab another piece of fruit from the bowl between them.

“We are not sure about that, I’m still talking to her, but we thought Puss would be a fun song for all of us to do on stage. You think people will receive our songs good?” They had worked hard to make sure every song under GreySky was personal and showed part of their souls.

“I’m sure they will love Amber’s. She called me yesterday to complain about Krystal and Taeyeon not letting her sleep and trying to force her to sing the new song for her. I’m surprised that she was able to survive Krystal’s aegyo.” He said making his own adorable pose causing them to laugh hard, so hard that Moonbyul almost fell of the island.

“OI! You two! It’s not even 6am and you are not letting me sleep!!” An angry Eddy came out of to the common area of the apartment with a grumpy face and his hair sticking out in all directions.

Exchanging a quick look both Moonbyul and Jackson only laughed harder at the older boy. With a shake of his head Eddy waved them off muttering nonsense as he made his way to the bedroom.

Still trying to compose them selves Moonbyul's hand found Jackson’s shoulder pinching him.

“We just installed the last machines at the gym. Want to train a bit?” Her friend’s eyes twinkled with happiness as he made his way to the sofa. “What the hell are you doing hoobae”

“You think I’m going to fight you in these clothes?” He said taking a bag from behind the sofa and pulling out some clothes. So he was going to stay no matter what. Yah…

 

It was around 10 am that they got a call from Eddy’s assistant saying that neither of them were needed at the meeting that morning and that all they had to do was figure out the look the company would be wearing for the presentation. Of course that only caused another fight since Jackson wanted to wear all black while Moonbyul tried to reason with him that it wasn't a funeral.

 

When Solar entered the room looking for Moonbyul to get the keys to one of the piano rooms the sight before her made her stop right on her tracks. Both blond rappers were laying on the ground clearly exhausted, throwing punches to the wind.

“Black.”

“I think we should wear formal stuff. I mean it’s a pretty important event”

“Black”

“But then again you try and get Amber into a suit”

“Black”

“Mmmm maybe semi formal…slacks and shirts…”

“Black”

“Yeah a grey scale with semi formal wear is definitely the best.”

“Black”

A giggle escaped Solar’s lips as she looked at the younger kids. Jackson turned quickly giving her a grin.

“Noona, tell Byulyi that we will look better wearing black things”

“You will look good in anything Jackson, but if you all wear black it will look as if you were going to a funeral.” Solar said walking into the room and sitting on a chair close to the other two.

Moonbyul was paralyzed on her spot on the floor, her jaw slightly open as her eyes followed Solar's moves. From her place the first thing she saw of solar were her long legs but as her eyes travelled up the singers body started to get dry. The short black skirt and pink button up accentuated every curve without being overly ual.

But it was when she looked at Solar’s face that every and any thought in her mind dissipated. The older girl had pink cheeks probably from walking up the stairs, her make up minimal but effective. Jesus Christ Yongsun what are you doing to me? Do you have any idea how hard it is to try and not love you? When Moonbyul feels Solar’s brown eyes on her she snaps back into reality.

“What did you say?”

“I asked if you could give me the keys to room 16. What were you thinking about that made you space out like that” The older girl said with a giggle that reached her eyes.

How amazing you look? Just seeing you makes my days brighter. Do you know how much power you have my dear Sunrise… Shaking her head slightly Moonbyul put on her cheeky grin.

“I was just thinking that out of all the beautiful curves in your body, your smile is my favourite”

“Ya-ah!! Why do you have to say those things! I hoped you had been cured of your greasiness but you are almost worse than before!” Solar replied laughing as she hiding behind a curtain of hair, trying to keep the other two from seeing her face turn bright red.

“Your reaction is as good as ever.” Moonbyul said with a small grin that never reached her eyes. Or nose.

Jackson watched how the two girls interacted with each other; Solar’s blush very visible from his angle. No matter what people thought he wasn't just another dork that only cared about joking around. He actually saw many things others couldn't. Like the way Solar always smiled at Moonbyul when the taller one was not looking. Or the way they always ended up sitting next to each other whenever the group hung out together. He knew that Moonbyul had promised herself to try and get over Solar, but seeing the way Solar looked at his friend all he wanted to do was tell Moonbyul so she could confess her love.

“Ok ok I’ll give you the key, let me get up first.” Moonbyul said unconsciously using Solar’s leg to help her stand up. Her eyes flying open once she noticed where her hand was, trying to play it cool.

Meanwhile the brunette was freaking out in her own little world. For the past few days Moonbyul and her had started to fall back into their old habits. Well, for the most part. Moonbyul was still as greasy as ever and she still blushed at her words, but the skinship was almost none existent. Yes their hands would brush or they’d hug each other good-bye but now it seemed as if all of Moonbyul's attention was on Wheein. Not that she was jealous; she knew Wheein and Moonbyul were like sisters. But goddamnit, why doesn't she want to touch me anymore.

“Unnie, you coming?” Solar looked up to see Moonbyul offering her a hand to help her up. Taking it she blushed once more giving Jackson a small wave and a smile.

As they walked down the hall to the lift Solar took her time examining her friend again. She was wearing one of those short sports bras she had gotten her two days prior. Now I know why you always loose. These baggy clothes mess up you efficiency. That and she did look pretty good in sports wear. But Solar was not going to be the one to tell her that. The only problem Solar had with those clothes was how revealing they were. Yes, she could admire the good physique that Moonbyul was in, but also see the bruises she had from fights. She had tried to convince Moonbyul to change to another type of exercise but when Moonbyul looked at her in the eyes and told her that she needed it to stay sane Solar could only nod.

“You should have your own key to all these rooms. I don't know how you don't have one already.”

“Maybe because the head of this company is a mess?” Solar teased bumping her shoulder with the taller girl.

“I know right? I don't know what am I going to do with him…” Moonbyul smirked as they reached the flat and went to look for the keys. “Here. Room 16.” Moonbyul frowned a little before a smile reached her face. “Hey that was my units number.”

Solar can’t help but smile at that, her thumb caressing over the 16 carved on the keychain. Unit 16. A couple doors down the hallways form hers all those years ago, but it felt more like home than her own place. After Moonbyul had left he-them, after Moonbyul had left them, she hadn’t been able to walk past the door without a great pain in her heart. She had missed her best friend so much that for a while she hadn’t even sang. But she didn't miss you. That tought had been plaguing her mind since the first night they saw each other. Part of her told her that she did miss her, but she just hadn’t said it cause it was implied. But when the taller girl wouldn't act the same way around her she started thinking the worst.

“Hey do you mind walking down alone? I want to take a shower and then call some people for the concert and the after-party. We only have two days and I’m freaking out about not having everything ready.” Moonbyul said scratching the back of her neck. “You were always better than me at organising things”

“Don't worry Byulyi-ah I’m sure the concert will be a success. Even if MAMAMOO isn’t a part of it” She teased with a smile.

“Ya-ah! You know that I want to make something special for MAMAMOO! Plus we need to practice hard before we get back on a stage together.”

“I’m just teasing you dummy. I’ll see myself out. Good luck”

 

Once she was showered and properly dressed Moonbyul made her way to her small office finding a warm cup of coffee and note form Jackson saying that he was going to go meet with Mark and Rap Monster for lunch.

“Mmm ok ok let’s see who is on the guest list…f(x) Duh…ZICO…EXID, minus LE…Oooh Red Velvet accepted the invite too…”

Her eyes scanned over every name on the list. Pretty much everyone in the world of K-pop was going to be there. Perfect. They had finally figured out that LE’s idea was the best so everyone in the original team would be on stage at all times. The concert was going to be more like a fan meet than anything. They’d play Ambers song, a few covers and try to interact with the public as much as possible. They had managed to get a few friends to perform their most famous songs but of course the main focus would be on the team behind the company and MAMAMOO. She had even convinced Solji and Choa to join them on stage to sing a little homage to her group.

Moonbyul knew how much it pained her friends to not be able to share a stage again, but she also knew that their comeback after so long had to be perfect. They didn't deserve less. That’s why she wanted to surprise them at the concert announcing a whole album from the group. But if she wanted to do that she really needed to finish that stupid bossa nova. Turning her computer on and grabbing one of Eddy’s guitars she started playing, her friend’s voices harmonising on her mind.

 

It was well at night when Moonbyul was done with the song. Completely. All that was left was to show it to the girls and have them like it. She had also been trying to find the melody to her unfinished little song but that one really want to be finished. Looking down at her phone she figured she could still get an hour or two of dancing before getting dinner and going to sleep.

“Coofee and tea…luv luv luv…” she hummed happily as she walked to room the dance practice room.

Hearing a soft piano playing she frowned. Eddy is still out with the boys, and we told everyone to leave early until the concert. Who the hell is still here?

Her heart couldn't stop beating as the music got louder and a delicate and melodic voice could be heard with the piano.

Ah. Of course.

Opening the door to room 16 Moonbyul leaned on the frame looking at Solar sing. Suddenly it was as if there was nothing else but the girl with a mole under her eyebrow and that sweet sweet voice of hers. Moonbyul took a deep breath letting her eyes close and just enjoy the music surrounding her.

I just felt the time that passed

So quickly

Like the falling leaves

I lived my life that way

Unable to stop her self Moonbyul walked up to the piano sitting down next to the other girl that still had not noticed her company. Her hands moving to her side of the piano, playing the melody softly trying not to break Solar’s concentration. When that’s exactly what happened she closed her eyes pushing Solar a bit on the bench to take over the piano.

“Please don’t stop singing.”

“Oh..ok”

Have I lost it?

Am I too late?

If only I can get back the lost time

How nice would it be?

I lived like a fool

I lived like a fool

Like a fool, like a fool

Moonbyul's moved over the keys as if they were part of her. Solar could only stare in awe as the girl that had given up after one lesson with her now played the melody with no doubt on her movements. She saw how the younger’s face didn't change, in deep concentration, until she belted out the last note when a small twitch on the corner of her lip appeared.

They stayed in silence after that, the last note dying out slowly.

“You managed to learn how to play.”

“It was the first song I ever learnt. I couldn't forget how to play it if I tried.” Moonbyul said not daring to look up, her long fingers caressing the keys. “I was going to surprise you for Christmas playing it for you. But then…”

“But then you left.” Solar said with her jaw clenched tightly. The fact that Moonbyul come back didn't mean she was going to forgive her that easily.

“Then I left.” Her eyes wouldn't leave the piano. She knew that solar was looking at her but she couldn't face her. She couldn't get her heart broken again. “I know it means nothing to you, but I did have my reasons to leave. I was helping no one here.”

“Oh yeah? Who did you help running away? Did you help us make rent? Did you help finding jobs for us? I know you, so I know that you wouldn't just leave because you wanted. But don’t try to guilt me into thinking it had anything to do with us.”

No it didn't. It had everything to do with you Yongsun.

“Tell me what can I do to make it up to you” Moonbyul said as she turned finally to look into the deep brown eyes of Solar. “Name it and I’ll do it.”

“Don't ever leave me again.” Solar's breath caught on as she saw the intensity in Moonbyul's eyes.

“I promise I won’t. Even if I think it’s for the best. You are stuck with me Yongsun. Forever.”

Solar felt how her eyes started to water. After Moonbyul left she had refuse to let anyone call her Yongsun. Not even her parents called her that anymore, finding new pet names for her. Solar was right all along. That name only sounded right when a tall, blonde rapper with hazelnut eyes said it. She saw raw emotion when she looked at Moonbyul. Solar had to fight back the tears as she noticed something that broke her heart, and it was how vulnerable Moonbyul was at that moment, not only that but it seemed that the sparkle always present on her eyes was now completely gone.

“I wouldn't have it any other way Byulyi-ah.” Solar said smiling softly before turning to the piano. Her fingers reaching for the security she had when she played.

“Yongsun?”

“Yes?” Solar said, her lap incredibly interesting at the moment.

“Play something for me. Anything. Whatever comes to mind.” Moonbyul said slipping from the bench to the floor sitting with her back rested on the bench, her head against Solar's side.

“Eh…ok. I was working on the melody this morning but I’m not convinced…It’s not bad…it its just…”

“Yongsun you are rambling.”

“Right. I’ll play now” Solar said with a chuckle moving a little to sit in the centre in front of the piano but careful not to make Moonbyul move her head away from her.

The minute the tune reached Moonbyul's ears she knew. She had found her song.


AN: Finally some Moonsun interaction ahhaha I hope that it's up to your standars. Thank you for reading and please leave you comments bellow so I know what to do better to make you enjoy the story more. Thank you to all that subscribed and commented on my story, I hope our numbers keep growing. 

Also next chapter things start moving forward. I have a few subplots in mind but if it gets to messy I might jsut leave them for OneShots or short stories.

As always thank you for reading, I will try to post a new chapter later today.