Just another day

Welcome Back Idiot

A loud thunder woke Solar up, making her seat up immediately. She had never liked storms. Rain she was fine with, but storms? Never. Rubbing her eyes in her sleepy state she reached over to her nightstand to look at the time on her phone. 3 am. With a small groan she turned around to try and find some comfort on the other body on the bed but she found it empty. Frowning she tried to listen in case Moonbyul was on the bathroom but no noises came from the adjoined room. The internal debate she had about whether she should go find Moonbyul or try to go back to sleep was quickly decided when another thunder made her jump.

Wrapping herself with the bed sheets like a burrito Solar got out of bed wincing at how cold the floor was. Reaching the living room she smiled at Jackson and Wheein, both sleeping on the sofa after they had gone over to have dinner and were too lazy to drive back home. Smirking as she saw a figure trying to enter the flat unnoticed she tip toed behind Eddy.

“Boo”

“Aaaaah!” The older boy screamed before Solar’s had shot to his mouth. “What is wrong with you people and scaring me!?” he whisper shouted back with a frown.

“Where were you?” Solar smirked looking over his outfit, a pale green suit and a white shirt, clearly he had been on a date.

“Eh… none of your business.” He said taking off his blazer clearly too tired to deal with the 5 year old.

“Oh c’mon! You can tell me!” She pouted tugging on his sleeve making her best aegyo.

“I was at Gusto Taco, happy?” Shaking his head when the only response he got was a raised eyebrow. Sighing he smiling lightly “It’s nothing ok? I don’t want to get my hopes up. We are just friends.”

“Mhm keep telling yourself that sweetie.” Solar patted his cheek jumping into his arms when another thunder roared around the house. “You wouldn’t happen to know where your best friend is right?” She said as he rubbed her back with a smile.

“Knowing her she’s down at the office. I think I saw a light on on the 5th floor when I got in the garage but I’m not sure.” Eddy said fixing the sheet around her so it was tight and warm. “Go drag her back to bed you guys have a radio show in the morning and I rather not have you falling asleep in the middle of a broadcast.” And with that he patted her head walking happily to his room.

Smiling to herself Solar walked to the kitchen fixing a cup of tea and some coffee for her workaholic girlfriend. Dragging her feet she went down to the 5th floor to check if Eddy’s words were true, her head shaking when she saw the light of one of the dance rooms on. As she walked closer she frowned when she didn’t hear music but Moonbyul speaking on the phone.

“Yeah…Yeah no don’t worry she doesn’t even suspect a thing…I know right? Thank god for that…” Moonbyul laughed as she moved in front of the mirror half dancing as she spoke. “Part of me does feel bad for doing this behind her back.”

Solar’s brows knit together as she hid behind the door in order to not give away her position. Who is she talking to? Her back falling against the wall, and her face settling down on a scowl when she could feel the smile on Moonbyul's voice.

“I’ll just tell her I have a meeting or something like that…oh shut up I’m sure you’ll look amazing as always.” WHAT?! “Ok so I’ll see you then? No no, I’ll pick you up with the car…yeah, that way we take less risks…Unnie loves you too… Ok. Yeah…Ok, sweet dreams Lim-ah.”

Lim? Why are you talking to her at 3 am? Hell why are you talking to her in the first place when you should be in bed with me?! Solar thought her hands gripping the mugs tighter. Her mind took her back to that time months ago when the two dancers were on the old dance studio, the jealousy feelings from back then coming back full force. When music reached her ears she turned to look back at the inside of the room. A smile reaching her face as she saw Moonbyul dancing slowly to the music. It didn’t matter what her mood was, seeing the blonde girl dance always made her feel better.

You have no idea

How beautiful you look

As you get ready for bed

Stop looking in the mirror

Don’t worry about your weight

You’re already beautiful the way you are

No makeup ye no makeup ye

No makeup looks best on you

Opening the door slowly she slipped into the room, the other girl oblivious to the intruder as she kept swaying form side-to-side, careful not to hurt herself. Solar decided to let Moonbyul see her on her own, sitting down on the piano bench near one of the walls sipping on her tea.

Finally once the song was over Moonbyul turned and found her girlfriend staring at her, a deep blush covering the rappers face and neck. Tilting her head to the side she started walking to Solar when a thunder could be heard over the music. All the colour drained from both of their faces, as Moonbyul realised why Solar was down there with her. Walking as fast as she could she got to the bench pulling Solar up in a tight hug rocking her back and forth.

“God I’m so sorry…I guess I was too focused on the music to notice…how are you? God you are freezing.” She said pulling away to look into Solar’s deep brown eyes, kissing her forehead and pulling her back in a hug.

“It’s ok.” Solar said in a small voice as she hid her face on the taller girls neck. “Why did you come down here? You could’ve left a note or something…”

“I couldn't sleep. I guess I’m nervous for the radio show we have in a few hours. You know I’m not good at that kind of thing. And they are going to ask about London and why I left…I needed to get distracted from that.” Solar frown deepened against Moonbyul's neck. And instead of waking you girlfriend up you called Lim? “I thought about waking you up but you’ve been working so hard lately…plus you look so relaxed. You deserve a good night of sleep.” And there you go being all adorable again. I’m trying to be mad at you, stop being cute.

Moonbyul smiled down at her girlfriend pecking her nose and cupping her face with her hands. Getting lost in those deep brown orbs that she could look at forever, unable to stop herself from kissing Solar on the lips deeply.

“C’mon let’s go back to bed. I’ll protect you from the evil thunder if you protect me from the MC tomorrow” She joked getting inside the sheet burrito wrapping a protective arm over Solar’s waist.

--

“Welcome back. We are here with Mamamoo and we just heard a live cover of the title song of their new album, Melting. This is a pretty special album for you isn’t it? You all worked hard to create the songs?” The MC said looking at the 4 girls in front of him as they settled down after singing.

“Nae!” they all answered excitedly before Solar took over. “Moonbyul wrote most of them but we all went over them making small changes to fit our voices better or change some of the lyrics.”

Moonbyul breathed deeply on her spot, she knew the interrogation was coming. She had known this was going to happen from the moment she decided to comeback with Mamamoo. But knowing didn’t mean she was ready. She had gotten more comfortable with speaking in public and on shows like this but only as an MC herself, that way she knew she had certain control over what was going on, taking some of the weight off of her shoulders. But here she was vulnerable to whatever the guy decided to ask.

“That’s right, Moonbyul wrote most of the songs, not just the rap part right? You composed them too?”

“Yeah, we-well not by myself. I had help from a lot of people, the album is truly the result of working as group.” Her heart started beating faster as the conversation was redirected to her.

“You wrote all of this during your stay over seas. The script says you were gone for almost 2 years” There it is. “What made you stay so long away from Korea and your group?”

Moonbyul smiled nervously as she changed her position on her chair, making time so she could control herself a little better. She finally relaxed she when she felt a small hand land on her leg giving her strength. With one quick look at Solar she sent her a small smile before answering.

“Well at the time Mamamoo had disbanded and we were company-less. Some of my friends and I had gotten together to have dinner one night when we decided to go to London for a quick relaxing vacation. We only decided to stay when we realised we that the experience of living away would give us so much more maturity. That it would help us grow and out music.”

“Ah I see I see. You got very close with the people there.” The MC said earning a nod and a smile from Moonbyul. “Specially Eddy Kim oppa? You are even living together now aren’t you? Something you might want to tell our audience about the two of you?” He smirked lightly raising an eyebrow at her in a teasing manner.

On her seat Moonbyul tried not to wince in pain as Solar’s hand gripped her leg tighter after those words came out. The rapper reached down with her hand casually taking her girlfriends hand in hers interlacing their fingers. Laughing she shook her head.

“No no Eddy oppa is like a brother to me. We live together only because neither of us had a place to stay here in Seoul so it’s just something temporary.” Out of the corner of her eyes she could see how Solar kept getting more and more annoyed at the MC. Well, that and the grip she had on Moonbyul's hand was so tight the blonde girl thought she might break it.

“Oh here I thought we were going to have an exclusive” The awkward atmosphere only seemed to go down making everyone chuckle uncomfortably at the MC’s words. “You are not the only one that has had some dating rumours the past few weeks.” He said leaving a small pregnant pause to keep everyone back home wondering who it would be. The girls at the table however were pretty confident since Hwasa and ZICO had been pretty public with their relationship, so it would make sense that she was the one. “Solar-ssi.”

Now it was Moonbyul's turn to want to kill the guy. Turning on her chair she looked straight into Solar’s eyes clenching her jaw when she noticed Solar blushing. Taking her hand away from Solar she crossed her arms on her chest raising a questioning eyebrow. She knew that there was no way in hell Solar would cheat on her but the fact that Solar was blushing now irked her.

“Me?? I don’t have time to date” Solar tried to laugh it off hoping the MC would drop the topic.

“Well that’s not what the pictures of you having coffee with a certain guy say.” Wipe that smirk of your face before I do it. Moonbyul thought as tried to keep a calm face for the cameras that were on the studio. “You have some past with him too. Tell us, what’s your relationship with Eric Nam?”

--

The ride back to the company was completely silent. With Moonbyul driving and Solar next to her in silence the maknaes were too scared to say a thing. Sighing the rapper ran a hand over her face pinching her nose. Looking through the rear view mirror she noticed the nervous look on Wheein making her heart ache.

“How do you guys feel about grabbing some chicken on the way?” She asked keeping her eyes on the road, one hand on the wheel and the other on the gearshift.

“Are you serious?” came an excited voice from behind. Chuckling she nodded what was quickly followed by the younger girls jumping up and down on their seat. “Unnie can we play some music on the way there?” With another nod she the radio, smiling when their song came up.

Solar didn’t know what to do. Back at the station she had been as surprised as the rest when they asked her about Eric. The look Moonbyul sent her when the name first came up was just a reassuring one, a loving gaze. That quickly changed when they showed the girls pictures from the coffee dates she had had with Eric not a week before. When Moonbyul kept looking between her and the pictures, pain was all over the younger girls eyes. Solar wanted to talk to her once the show was over but the rapper had just darted out to the car not waiting for anyone.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Moonbyul, instead of retreating her hand after turning the radio, put it on Solar's lap. Turning her face to look at the blonde girl her breath caught on . She could tell Moonbyul was holding back every fear she had but nonetheless she was smiling at Solar. Taking her girlfriends hand in hers she couldn't help but smile when Moonbyul pulled her hand close to her lips kissing it softly.

“I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t be jealous it’s just…I just…”

“No no it’s my fault. I should’ve told you I went for coffee with him. I just see him as a close friend now, that’s why it didn't even cross my mind that I should tell you.” Solar said looking down playing with Moonbyul's long fingers.

“Hey. Yongsun, yeba listen to me,” the blonde girl said tightening her hold on the other girl’s hand to get her attention. “I refuse to be the kind of couple that doesn’t trust each other. I don’t care what you go out with other people for coffee or dinner. That just means you’ll have more things to tell me about when we get home at night. Ok?”

Solar nodded with a smile mirroring Moonbyul's previous action and kissing her hand softly.

“Awwwwwwwwww” both Jeonju girls said making the unnie line turn their heads to them with a laugh.

--

After getting some food Moonbyul excused herself taking the car off to a meeting, Solar’s mind going back to that morning and the phone call. Sensing something was off with their unnie the younger girls decided to go watch a film at their unit and just hang out like they used to before Moonbyul came back.

They were talking about the upcoming Christmas party that they had organised for the company. Apparently Moonbyul and Eddy had a big problem with who they should and shouldn't invite so when Solar first got her hands on the list she almost fainted at the overly long list. They had invited all of their families, everyone close to them with plus one’s and the list just kept getting and longer. Well if we invite him I feel like the whole group should come too, it’s just wrong to discriminate…no? Moonbyul had asked her when Solar showed her the final list.

“Have you thought about what you are going to get her? I mean her birthday is in…three days?” Hwasa asked from her spot in the sofa.

“No. I can’t think of anything and it’s seriously tearing me apart. How can I not know what to get her? I’ve always been the best at gifts but this year is like I can’t think of anything good enough…”

“Well that’s because before she was just your friend, now there’s more at stake if you screw up…” Wheein said as she kept trying to hit Hwasa in the head with her popcorn.

“That’s another thing. We’ve been dating for what…two weeks? Officially just a couple days, but it feels like we’ve been together forever. What is appropriate to get someone like that? At least I know that she has to go through this too for Christmas...” The leader sighed as she hugged the cushion on her lap tight out of frustration.

“Oh no she’s got yours. She got it god knows when…it arrived yesterday while I was there at lunch.”

“WHAT!? Oh my god she’s going to dump me…I'm not going to have a present and she’s going to realise she doesn't want me and dump me…”

“Unni you are ove-” the maknaes words were cut off by a ring at the door. Standing up Hwasa skipped to the door coming back with three big boxes and a note. “Put these on and come to this address…what the…”

“What’s in the boxes?”

“Costumes…”

--

Finally changed into their different costumes they got a taxi to drive them to a rather fancy looking building in the Gangman district just in front of the river. Getting into the building the three girls found a few of their friends on the hall also dressed up in different attires. Everyone was there apparently, the girls from EXID, some of the guys from both GOT7 and Block B, f(x)…But they all seemed to be missing a member. Waving at them IU was the first to talk taking out a piece of paper from her purse.

“Hey girls. Ok I think that’s all of us now…”

“What are you talking about?” Solar said taking the other girls note looking over it. All of their names were written down under the directions to the building and instructions to not go up until everyone was there. “Do any of you know what this is about?”

“No, but maybe we can figure it out soon.” Mark said getting first into the lift.

The atmosphere on the way up was tense with whispers between the big group of friends. They all exchanged looks as the lift finally reached their destination walking out they walked right into a huge loft with a big sign hanging from the wall in front of them. Under the sign the GreySky team stood smiling at them. Solar gave Moonbyul a questioning frown getting a smile in return. The way the blonde girl looked at her made Solar blush and try to hide her smile behind her hand when Moonbyul winked at her. The rapper broke eye contact to look at the other people in the line with her and Solar saw her count to three.

“We are sorry for leaving you for so long!” They exclaimed together bowing deeply before music started to play and people came out of hiding.


AN: I really don’t like this chapter. I had too many ideas for it and wanted to do too much too quick I think. But I’ll fix that next chapter I promise, I’m going to start working on it right away.

Thank you to everyone that commented on the previous chapter even if there was no prize.