Talk to me

Welcome Back Idiot

“I don’t know if that’s normal!...How am I supposed to know what to do in that situation unnie…Right ‘cause my romantic history is sooooo impressive…Why don’t you call halmoni? She might have a better insight than me in this…Oh well excuse you miss perfect!” Moonbyul munched on a toast as she jumped from one foot to the other trying not keep the cold of the flat away form her body. Clad in a set of workout clothes she blew on her fringe in annoyance.

“This seriously couldn’t have waited a couple hours more?...What do you mean he wants to go out on a date today…No no, Yongsun worked really hard to get us all to-well yeah of course I’m siding with her!...I swear to god Hyuna…You know what? Call Minhyuk, he’s a guy he can tell you what he would do in that situation…If you didn’t like my ideas then why did you call!?”

Moonbyul groaned letting her forehead bang against her kitchen counter and throwing her phone nearby, her sister’s loud tone coming out of it. Just as she was about to pick the electronic device up again she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist tightly. Falling back into the embrace she smiled when Solar placed a soft kiss on the back of her neck. Reaching over the singer put the call on speaker, her fingers trailing up and down over Moonbyul’s stomach softly.

“-ter! I swear I should’ve dropped your baby body in a river and watch you disappear…that’s how useless you are sometimes!...Moon.Byul.Yi. Why do I hear echo?! Did you put me on speaker?”

“Hey unnie” Solar laughed taking the toast from Moonbyul’s hand and dropping it on the bin before whispering in her ear. “You are going to spoil your appetite and if you do Hwasa is going to kill me because she’s spent half of yesterday cooking with Wheein.” What earned her a pout from the blonde girl as she turned in her arms facing each other.

“Yongsun! Finally someone that can actually help me!”

“What can I do for you unnie?”

“She’s jut butthurt cause a guy hasn’t fallen for her charms right away.” Moonbyul explained to her girlfriend softly, tucking a strand of freshly washed, and still wet, hair behind her ear. “It’s good to know how much you love me unnie. Really, I’m crying over here.”

“Don’t listen to the sarcasm machine here, she’s frustrated because my school has a reunion soon and I don’t want to go with her. I don’t want to go in the first place, but she’s taking it as a personal thing…”

Serves her right. Karma! That’s what you get for not helping me when I need you. Yongsun, I have an incredibly good-looking friend that just became single. Are you sure you don’t want me to set you up? You can do so much better than Byul-yi.”

Moonbyul yelled out as those words came out turning to the phone, the combination of those elements making Solar double over in laughter.

“I’ll have you know that we are perfectly fine how we are you ungrateful old wrinkly witch! You are jealous you’ve never been in love and you know it. It’s not my fault I found my soul mate and my best friend in the same person. She might have been able to do better in the past but now we are together and I’m not letting go, so take your twisted ideas out of that head of yours…”

Out of the corner of her eye Moonbyul noticed Solar tense up a little before her happy energetic self was back up and in control.  Repeating the same motion she had done before the brunette turned off the speaker of the call taking the phone in her hand.

“Get in the shower, you stink.” Leaning over she dropped a soft kiss on the rappers lips before moving the phone to her ear giving Moonbyul a wink as she walked away into the bedroom. “Ok unnie, tell me everything.”

oOoOo

“Yongsun! Have you seen my white jumper? The braided one…where the hell did it go…?”

Moonbyul paddled barefoot into the bedroom at her place with a frown as she tried to rub her hair dry with a towel. She had been looking for said piece of clothing for a good 20 minutes before she gave up and decided to ask Solar. The leader had taken upon herself to reorganise everything on Moonbyul’s apartment the second her girlfriend was out of the flat. Moonbyul had tried to explain to her how everything was were it was for a reason and that her way of cleaning was the most reasonable one. Of course Solar didn’t listen and kept doing as she pleased. A smile tugging on the rapper’s lips when she found Solar sitting on the bed already dressed and wearing the white jumper as she stared outside the window, lost in thought, Moonbyul’s phone discarded by her side on the mattress. Her smile turning into a smirk as she sneaked behind the singer, jumping on the bed behind her and wrapping her arms around Solar’s frame. Moonbyul frowned when her usually scaredy girlfriend didn’t give any other response than the tensing of her back.

“Hey, are you ok? Did unnie say anything?” She said resting her chin on the older girl’s shoulder. When she still had no answer she untangled from around Solar kneeling in front of her on the floor. “Yonsgun, sweetheart, what’s wrong? Are you feeling sick? I can call and tell oppa that we are not going for lunch. We can just stay home and spend Christmas together. Just us ok?”

What she certainly wasn’t prepared for was Solar to crumbling down and start crying. She had been cold and somewhat distant with Moonbyul since her birthday but the rapper thought it was just nerves and stress from having to promote during Christmas and all the attention they were getting from the press. They had tried to not let their professional lives and stress affect the relationship but there were bound to be some bumps.

“It’s my fault”

“Yeba what are you talking about?” Moonbyul whispered back as her thumbs moved to clean the tears falling on Solar’s cheeks.

“If I had told him no all those years ago none of this would’ve happened.”

“You are making no sense Yongsun…”

“It’s my fault you left two years ago and it’s my fault you were on that chair and that you can’t dance for more than 30 minutes without pain.” Solar managed to say before her sobs got too loud and she threw herself at Moonbyul’s arms.

Not quite expecting the attack Moonbyul fell backwards with Solar on her lap. Out of pure instinct she wrapped her arms around the older girl’s waist rocking them both back and forth while kissing the brunette’s head softly. They stayed like that for almost an hour before solar finally calmed down turning around to cup Moonbyul’s face in her hands kissing her softly.

“Want to talk about it now?

With a nod as an answer Moonbyul stood up careful not to hurt her still healing knee, getting some help from Solar, and they settled on the bed facing each other.

“I know you said you didn’t want to go after whoever did this. But I just can’t stand by and see him ruin this. Ruin us. I don’t even want to give him the chance to come close to you.” Solar moved a hand to rest on Moonbyul’s knee, caressing it softly and careful in circling motions.

Moonbyul sat in silence, her hands reaching for Solar’s to give her strength with whatever it was she had to tell her. During her birthday a few days before she had seen Solar talk to Minhuyk but she had never been able to prie away from him even an inch of information. Moonbyul had also sensed some sort of tension around her girlfriend whenever the duet topic was brought into the conversation, but she guessed it was because she wasn’t too happy to see her ex after such a long time so she didn’t press on the matter.

“Two years ago you left me because you over heard me agreeing to a dinner with Taemin, right?”

“Yes, well…technically I left because I thought you regretted that night back in your flat and didn’t know how to tell me so I just ran off to spare both us the awkward encounter but that’s in the past Yonsun. I don’t give a crap about him right now. We are together, that’s all that matters to me…”

“Let me finish. Please.” Receiving a short nod from Moonbyul Solar moved on the bed to pull her girlfriend closer. “I didn’t take it as a date back then. I thought it was just him being playful and nice when he joked saying that it was a date. You know… like he was trying to get me to loosen up around him because I was obviously intimidated to working with someone so freakishly important. It was just a duet. But you were not the only one that took it as a date. He thought so too.” Solar said as she closed her eyes to gather some strength. “in the end SM pulled the cord on the duet, I was no longer that popular and they had many other options for his new single. But he kept calling me for lunch or to grab a coffee. I thought that he was being nice you know…trying to make up for the fact that I didn’t get the job or that he genually liked me as a friend. Besides you had just left…I needed to have someone there.” At those words Moonbyul couldn’t help but wince and guilt took over her face. “I’m not saying it’s your fault! Goodness Byul no…”

Climbing slowly into Moonbyul’s lap straddling her, the singer took her girlfriends face between her hands running a thumb over the younger girl’s puffy cheeks. Her brown eyes wide and still glassy from her previously shed tears, as she took in the vulneravity practically oozing out of Moonbyul.

“I still shouldn’t have left, I should’ve believed in you and stayed, fight for you, for us…”

“How many times do we need to have this conversation? I’m as guilty as you are. Even more since I could’ve just texted you, tell you that it was all a lie. But that’s not what I’m talking about here.” Solar said shaking her head. To clear her mind or at Moonbyul’s words the rapper didn’t know. “what I’m trying to say is that I didn’t cut him off  fast enough. I tried to tell him that I was not interested but he kept calling. He even went to my unit a few times. When the normal approach didn’t work he…he kept saying that you would never be into me. It’s pity I know but he did make very valid points…how you were always into skinship with everyone not just me, the fact that you had left with LE…he made it seem like you had talked to Hani too and I know you two were pretty close.” She started running the back of her index finger over Moonbyul’s jaw line, almost as if only by continuingly touching the blonde she would know that she was there. “I still wouldn’t go out with him. He was doing something similar to other girls so I took my chance and threw it on his face and using it as an excuse to ran away from him.”

Moonbyul frowned, her eyebrows knitted in thought. She had ran into the singer once or twice in her life, not counting the professional meetings and crossing each other on shows, the last time not more than a week before in SM’s head quarters. He had always been polite enough with her even going as far as to invite her for a coffee after a long meeting discussing the terms of the duet. The way he kept insisting on it and how he would drop Solar’s name here and there had seemed innocent at the time but now was tinted in a completely different way.

“He called me when you came back. He had been trying to get to me before but he was more persistent after you guys appeared on the news. He…threatened me. Last time we talked on the phone he said I would regret rejecting him.  I thought he was just being a pompous, egocentric…Well, I thought he was bluffing. Or if anything that he would come against me so I’d have something to show the police if it got too bad.” Any trace of sadness was gone from her eyes, now filled with anger and a fire that would make anyone run for the hills. “Right before you were hit at the party someone came behind me and said I told you you’d regrert it. I couldn’t see him and you didn’t want to go after whoever did that so I thought I’d just forget about it. But I can’t. I can’t shake the memory of you crying out or…or his voice in my ear, every time you start limping or your hand goes to your lower back…I’m sorry. If it weren’t for me you wouldn't be here like that now…”

“You are right.”

“I…I am?”

“Yeah.” Moonbyul said nodding slowly before nuzzling into her girlfriends neck. “If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have the courage to start my own company. I wouldn't have received so many song writing offers form bigger companies. I would definitely not be part of the greatest group of the year. Or the creator of the most downloaded app of the month. Or have the greatest girlfriend ever. So yeah it’s your fault I’m this stupidly happy.”

“Byul I’m serious…this is not time to be greasy…” Solar breathed, relaxing in Moonbyul’s arms slightly and running a hand slowly over her hair and to her face, cupping her cheek.

“Yongsun. I love you. You had nothing to do with what happened. He’s not in his right mind. I’m mad at you for not telling me this sooner. Not because I wanted to know who did it, I honestly don't care, not even now. But because we are dating, we are in love and I want to know if some sick bastard is threatening you. Ok?”

“Mhm...” Solar melted into the hug closing her eyes, basking on the feeling of having the other body around her.

It was Moonbyul that broke the silence 20 minutes later, standing up and pacing back and forth in front of her wardrobe.

“We are going to be smart about this.”

“This?”

“It might take some convincing but I think I can get the recording to be moved to GreySky. I’ll have to talk to Eddy to get some cameras in the room and deal with the legal stuff. I might get to add a image clause in the contract without them seeing it…”

“Byul what are you talking about?”

“Obviously we’ll need some sort of live feed in case we need to go in…Maybe I can facetime myself into the room? Hwasa is going to want in. Same with Hyuna...heck the whole team would be willing to go to war”

“Byul”

“We can just ask them now during lunch. It might take some time to get it all ready but recording doesn't start until the 8th so we-“

“Byul!”

Solar grabbed her taller girlfriend  by the shoulders forcing her to stop and look at her. The blonde looked at her with an open mouth and a confused look on her face, her trail of thought derailed the second Solar started rubbing her thumbs over her collarbones.

“Baby, breathe. What are you talking about?”

“We are gonna get Taemin of course.”

“But I thought you said you didn’t care who had done it?”

“And I don't. but no one threatened my girlfriend and gets away with it. I don’t acre how damn powerful he thinks he is. So we are going to get him and make sure he can’t hurt anyone else.”

Shaking her head Solar turned to the wardrobe getting a loose black shirt out helping Moonbyul to put it on. Tucking it in the front and fixing the collar she stole a soft kiss from the blonde’s lips.

“I love you. And it’s adorable that you want to get back at him for that. But it’s not why I told you.”

“I know. That’s why I’m doing it. You’d never do it on your own you are too good. So we’ll come up with something, you don’t have to be a part of it whatsoever.” The rapped whispered against her lips with a small smile.

“Ok…WE will do it. If you are doing anything, I don’t care what, I want to be a part of it. Even if it’s on the side-lines supporting you. We’ve waited too long to be together for anything to come between us.” With a small frown she closed another button trying to hide a fading love bite on her girlfriends collarbone. “But I don’t want you talking about that today. It’s Christmas. We are going to enjoy lunch with out families and tonight we are having an amazingly romantic dinner here and just be happy together. Ok?”

“Ok. I promise, no talking about it today. Now c’mon we are going to be late, and your mum already hates me enough as it is.”

Welp...I'm back. I'm not home currently so I don't have internet all the time and updates might be coming slowly. I'll try and write as much as possible to put them up next tuesday when I get back home. Hopefully the wait wasn't too bad and the result is kinda worth it. I decided to add a mini plot her eint he end but wont take more than a couple more chapters. You can now reach me on tumblr so if you have any doubts, promts, just wanna chat or whatever hit me up there too. @mufasaisalive (wont let me link you directly there but I'm pretty easy to find). I'll see you soon, thanks for reading and rememebr to leave a comment so I knwo what to improve!