You're Alive

I Always Loved You

The rest of the morning you kept debating on whether or not to go. You remembered all the times Seon-ah said he wished he could see his daddy. You sighed before ruffling up your hair. "Damn Jimin and his logic." You grabbed your bag after leaving a note for Jin saying you'd be out late with Seon-ah.

"Mommy!" Seonnie ran up to you and gave you a big hug. "I missed you!" You whispered. "Seonnie. W-would you like to go see daddy?"
His eyes glimmered. "Yes!" He covered his face in excitement. "But you have to promise mommy something, you can't go up to daddy. We can only watch. Okay?" SeonAe looked disappointed but nodded happily. "Okay!" You took a deep breath and held onto your little boy tightly as you made your way to the speech.

Seon-ah was singing a song as you both walked. He kept telling everyone he could he was going to see his daddy. Your heart broke a little because of it. He was such a sweet little boy, he didn't deserve this. Maybe you should've told him Jin was his dad just like he had wanted but you couldn't.

The place was packed when you got there so you had to push your way through the crowd, holding Seon-ah close to your chest. You finally made it to the side when you felt your breath being taken away. 6 meters away stood Namjoon. He was beautiful, he had platinum hair that was combed back and he wore a black suit. He shined under all the lights and cameras, flashing his signature smile.

"Look mommy! It's daddy!" Seonnie smiled before hiding his face on your neck and looking up at his dad. You held back your emotions as you both stood there.

Namjoon stood in front of the crowds, he had a feeling deep in his stomach. He couldn't stop thinking about you. Why? He was about to turn (in your direction) when Ashely pulled him in for a kiss. The cameras flashed crazily, but the feeling in his stomach was worse. He broke the kiss to look where he had planned, but there was no one there. He saw the back of a woman holding a little boy. The little boy made eye contact with him and smiled sadly at Namjoon waving good bye. Namjoon wasn't sure why but the scene caused him deep sadness.

Jimin noticed your eyes were red. "(Y/N)?" You smiled and handed him SeonAe to Jimin. "Can you keep him for an hour?" Jimin nodded and took Seonnie from you. "Hey buddy!" He greeted cheerfully but frowned when cheerful Seon-ah just leaned his head on his shoulder.

You fell to your knees as soon as you walked in. Namjoon had moved on with Ashley. He didn't love you, he probably didn't mourn your so called death. That kiss they shared in public made your heart break. It had brought back all those painful memories you had fought to suppress. Seon-ah had brushed away a tear that slipped out on the way home. He hadn't seen the kiss because you shielded his view but he knew something had happened. "Don't cry mommy." He said sadly as he rested his head on your lap on the bus.

Namjoon couldn't get the picture of the little boy out of his head. "Who is he?" Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair. He decided to go and walk around. He needed to go and check it the elementary school  his company was going to rebuild as part of their better education campaign. He walked around the school corridors, the children were out for recess but he noticed there was a little boy sitting down in the class.

He walked in and approached the little boy. "Hey, why aren't you playing outside?" He asked the little boy. Namjoon's eyes widened, it was the little boy! "Hmm I'm making a picture for my mommy. She's sad." The little boy replied not looking up yet. "See!" He lifted the drawing and finally looked at Namjoon. The little boys eyes glimmered but he covered his mouth with his hands. He remembers the promise he made to you. He couldn't tell anyone who his dad was.

"What's your name?" Namjoon asked as the little boy colored. "Seon-ah!" The little boy smiled and showed his dimple. Namjoon smiled at the name, "I like your name. I'm Namjoon." The little boy giggled. Namjoon and Seon-ah stated talking all recess time. When it was time for Namjoon to leave SeonAe held on to his shirt.

"Can you come back?" He asked with big sad eyes. Namjoon smiled and patter his head "of course." Namjoon wasn't sure why but he felt a strong connection to that little boy. He kept walking along the halls lost deep in thought. His mind was on you and suddenly he felt a lump. He had fought with his emotions but lately he couldn't really control them. "(Y/N) I really miss you." He whispered into the sky as his head hung low.   

You were ringing up people's orders when you heard someone scoff. You looked up and saw Ashley. What the was she doing there? "We'll look who the cat dragged in" she mocked. "Hi. How can I help you?" Your voice was forced. "You should've just stayed dead. Namjoon is fine without you." She sneered. "I'm sorry ma'am but I didn't quite catch your order." Your voice dropped with fake niceness. Ashley scoffed, "what the hell where you doing at the speech?! And with a kid? Don't tell me you got knocked up?" Ashley laughed mocking you. Your eyes widened in surprise, "None of your damn business." You spat.

"Hopefully your not stupid enough to not see that Namjoon is happy with me." She sneered and walked away. You exhaled. Why were they still there? They should've left by now it had been almost two weeks!

Little did you know that your son was the reason why they hadn't left. Namjoon visited Seon-ah everyday at school. He would play board games with him and let Seon-ah tell him stories about his mom. "So Seonnie what's your mommy like." Namjoon asked today. "She is really pretty! She has short hair and big brown eyes and a pretty smile. She is always so nice!" He exclaimed and covered his mouth to hide his smile. Namjoon didn't know why but he found himself thinking about you.

"Seon-ah, you remind me of someone." Namjoon said as Seon-ah finished his drawing. "Who?" He looked up at Namjoon and flashed a smile. "There was once this beautiful girl named (Y/N)." "And what happened to her?" Seonnie smiled but kept quiet so Namjoon could finish. "And what happened to her?" He asked. "It's a long story, but I loved her so much. I was just to stupid to realize it until she left." Namjoon whispered the last part. Seon-ah covered his mouth excitedly. His dad was talking about his mom!

Jin sent you a text reminding you that SeonAh had an appointment today. You replied a quick thanks before making your way to school. You noticed that SeonAh wasn't playing outside. So you went to look for him inside. "SeonAh? Where are you?" Your voices echoed.

"In here mommy!" You heard him say. "Your gonna see my mommy!" SeonAh was excited and Namjoon ruffled his hair . You walked in and your heart got stuck in your throat. Namjoon was sitting by SeonAh. You were about to leave but SeonAh saw you. "Mommy!" He yelled and made you freeze.

"Hi baby" you smiled. Namjoon froze at your voice. It couldn't be. He turned and laid eyes on you. "(Y/N)" his voice came out as a whisper.  You turned and made your way out. You started shaking. He saw you, what were you gonna do? You kept walking when you heard your name. "(Y/N)!" You didn't have to turn to know who it was.

"Let's go" you tugged SeonAh's hand but he let go of yours. "I forgot my backpack!" He exclaimed and ran to get it. You clenched your fist. Damn it! "(Y/N)" you heard him call your name again. You turned this time and your heart broke once more. Namjoon was standing a few feet away from you with tears in his eyes.

He slowly made his way to you. You should've ran but your were frozen. "I-I... They- you..." For the first time Namjoon was tongue tied. He stopped in front of you with his hand reached out. You flinched when his warm hand touched your face. "You're alive." He muttered as a tear fell down his cheek. You wanted to wipe it away and hug him. Instead you but your lip. "Not to you." Your voice betrayed your emotions. It was sharp and cold.

You grabbed SeonAh who had gotten back. "But I wan-" "I said lets go." You grabbed his wrist and pulled him away. Namjoon fell to the ground. His hand still out stretched reaching for you. "You're alive." He whispered letting his long held emotions take over.


"You're alive..."