13

A Rewritten Romance

 

chapter13;
_______________________________________________________________________________   
                                   "You smile way too much at him."

 

 

 

“Are you certain that there’s no more single room? In a huge resort like this?” Ji Ae stared at the man at the front desk desperately as she plead, “Could you please check once more?”

 

 

Two hours ago, Ji Ae and Kai had just arrived in USA after the long 14 hour flight. The whole trip here, Kai had tried to strike small conversations with her, but he knew that she was still angry with him. Ji Ae would deliberately pretend that she was asleep on the plane so that Kai couldn’t stand a chance to talk to her.

 

 

“I’m sorry miss, but we only have the big rooms left. All the single rooms have been booked.”

 

 

Kai looked at Ji Ae beside him. She looked desperate and urgent, but he couldn’t help but feel happy knowing that they wouldn’t have to be in separate rooms now. He knew that she wasn’t going to like this arrangement at all. But the inside of him was actually elated. That would mean more bonding time for the both of them, right?

 

 

“There’s nothing to be sorry about, we’re perfectly fine with this arrangement!” He smiled at the worker before pulling her to the side, “Looks like I forgotten to tell you, since we booked in such a short notice, they don’t have any single rooms left. So we’ll be sharing this room together.”

 

 

Ji Ae saw the smirk on Kai’s face and she slapped his arm. What was he thinking! Share a room with Kim Jongin? No way! Absolutely no way. “Did you do this on purpose?” She hissed at him.

 

 

Kai immediately shook his head while he placed an arm over her shoulders, “We might as well enjoy our time here together since we came all the way here. Don’t you agree? Where should we go first? Do you want to go for dinner now?”

 

 

“I’m not here to enjoy, Kim Jongin. And neither should you.” Ji Ae shot him a stern look. Does he think they’re on some holiday trip now? Pushing him away, she grabbed her luggage and walked off towards the lift lobby, with Kai following from behind.

 

 

As the duo entered the room, they both stared in awe at the beautiful view that awaited them. Even Ji Ae couldn’t help herself walking towards the balcony to admire the view. It sure does feel like a holiday, but sadly, it’s not. She gasped as she took in the marvellous scenery. The beach was just absolutely stunning, and she could also see the hills and waterfalls that fitted so nicely into the landscape. It has always been a dream for her since young – to visit the US, and to see nature at its best. Now that she’s able to see it herself, Ji Ae felt herself fell in love with the sight almost immediately. It is also one of the places that she was planning to bring Eun Jae to visit when he grows a little older. That is, if she could save enough money for a trip for the both of them.

 

 

“Like it here?”

 

 

“It’s really pretty..” She muttered to herself, but Kai had heard it anyways. He smiled as he watched her enjoyed the view. The best view for him was still Park Ji Ae, no doubt.

 

 

“W-What are you looking at?” Ji Ae interrupted his thoughts, as she straightened nervously after catching him watch her intently.

 

 

“Nothing.” Kai looked away smiling and moved towards the bed area, “So, we only have one large bed here. Are you okay with sleeping together tonight? On the same bed?”

 

 

 “What?!” Ji Ae gasped and stared at him dumbfounded, “N-No! Of course we can’t.”

 

 

“Aw come on..” Kai whined as he inched closer to her, “We slept together for years already. Surely you don’t still feel awkward right?”

 

 

She couldn’t believe her ears. Is he kidding her right now? Ji Ae glared at him before plopping herself down on the bed, crossing her arms, “That’s not it! Are you crazy? We’ll not share the same bed, ever. It’s already ridiculous that we’re sharing the same room, Kim Jongin.”

 

 

Kai sat beside her ignoring her glares, “Why? Remember how you used to always pull me to bed so that I can sleep next to you and-”

 

 

“Yah, stop!” Ji Ae slammed her palm against his mouth shut before he could continue. The nerve of him to bring up the past! “It’s all in the past! Why are you still bringing it up..”

 

 

“Why?” He removed her hands and leaned closer to her, smirking, “Are you sure you don’t want me to sleep with you?”

 

 

“Are you kidding me? Hell no.” Ji Ae groaned before giving him a hard push off the bed. She felt her cheeks going on fire upon embarrassment and she quickly turned away so that Kai couldn’t see it, but it was too late.

 

 

“You’re blushing.”

 

 

“No I’m not.”

 

 

“Yes you are.”

 

 

“Quit teasing me, Kim Jongin. Can you be more serious?” Ji Ae frowned at him, “If you have a problem sleeping on the sofa bed, then I’ll sleep there.”

 

 

“You know I’ll never let you do that. And I was just kidding. I know you would definitely oppose to the both of us sharing the same bed.” Ji Ae watched as Kai moved away from her to start unpacking his things with a disappointed sigh.

 

 

This is just the start of the one-week trip, Park Ji Ae.

 


 

“Why exactly do we need to be here for one week?” Ji Ae found herself mumbling as she applied some mascara onto her lashes in the bathroom. Kai had told her to get ready so that he could take her out so do some sightseeing. At first, she was about to object to them doing it together. But they only had each other for this whole one-week trip, and there’s no one else here in the US who she can turn to. Furthermore, she wouldn’t want to waste the one and only opportunity to admire this gorgeous place just because of him. Bear with it, and it’ll be over soon, was her ‘motto’ for this trip.

 

 

Speaking about the bathroom, the bathroom was hella luxurious and huge. It was almost as big as her rented flat back in Korea! Never in her dreams would she think of herself being able to enjoy such great facilities.

 

 

As though Kai had heard her soft murmurings, she heard him say, “We have lots of things to do here this week!”

 

 

“Like what?” She said the moment she left the bathroom.

 

 

He found himself smiling seeing her the moment she walked out. Ji Ae was just wearing something plain simple, a black top with jeans, and it was enough too make him feel as though they were going on a date already. He had already pre-planned their whole one-week itinerary here. “Since this is an agriculture related project, Chairman Lee wants us to visit places where we can get ideas for our project. Don’t worry, you just have to follow me.”

 

 

Kai watched as she nodded silently. Just then, Ji Ae’s phone rang and she immediately answered it, seeing that the facetime caller was from the Zhang’s residence. She placed the phone infront of her excitedly, ready to see her baby boy.

 

 

“Mummy! It’s Mummy!” Eun Jae sounded through the phone enthusiastically; making Kai raised his head to peek at her phone, “Mummy I miss you!”

 

 

“Hey sweetheart. I miss you too.” Ji Ae grinned brightly at the sight of her son jumping up and down excitedly, “Are you having fun with Hana unnie and Uncle Yixing?”

 

 

“Yessssss. Hana unnie and I just made cookies. Look at them Mummy!” The little boy showed some chocolate chip cookies at the camera.

 

 

“Wow!” Ji Ae chuckled and sat down onto her bed again with a smile, “That’s impressive! Good job, Jae ah! Where’s your unnie and uncle?”

 

 

“Unnie went out to get groceries, Uncle Yixing is here with me! Mummy talk to uncle Yixing!”

 

 

Ji Ae didn’t realise that Kai was still watching her conversation. He leaned closer to see the camera turn towards Lay, and his eyes immediately strained at the sight of the other man.

 

 

“Hey Ji Ae. Is everything going well there so far?” Lay smiled as he took over the camera and placed Eun Jae on his lap, “We all miss you already, especially this little guy here.”

 

 

“I miss you guys too. But it looks amazing here.. Yixing, I wish you could come see for yourself too.” Ji Ae replied him in a sweet tone, not realising that Kai was rolling his eyes as he overhears the conversation. He had never heard Ji ae used that sort of tone on him before!

 

 

“Really? Take more pictures for us okay! Oh yeah, go and enjoy too okay? Don’t just be preoccupied with the project. Have fun there and buy whatever you want okay? Don’t just worry about the cost.”

 

 

He’s even paying for all her gifts now? What is he? Her boyfriend? Kai bit his lips and made a face.

 

 

“I’ll buy you guys stuff.” She chuckled, “Oh yeah, thank you for taking care of Eun Jae, Yixing. You might need to spend some time reading bedtime stories to him later.”

 

 

“Uncle Yixing reads to me as well as you do Mummy!”

 

 

“Oh wow, really! Uncle Yixing’s really good, huh?”

 

 

Kai made a face as he eyed the other male. Watching Ji Ae facetime with Zhang Yixing was probably one of the hardest things to do. He had to control himself to not reach out to grab the phone away from her. She is clearly flirting with him right now and it was making Kai more furious as each minute passed. She had never spoke to any other guys in a tone like this, not even him! And it was starting to irk him terribly.

 

 

“I’m learning,” Lay laughed, “So what are you going to do now? Dinner? And by the way, where’s Kai-“

 

 

“Here.” Kai grabbed the phone away from Ji Ae’s hands and turned the camera to him, before flashing a smile at the latter, “Sorry buddy, but we, Ji Ae and I, have to go for our dinner now. Thanks for checking up on her.”

 

 

With that, he ended the facetime call before tossing her phone onto the bed, with Ji Ae starring at him angrily. Seeing how she looked so happy talking to Lay made him mad. He knew he had no rights to be mad, but! If only Ji Ae was willing to talk to him nicely too.. The differences in tone when she speaks to him and them way were different.

 

 

“Hey! How rude was that!” She hissed at him with a furious expression, "What's wrong with you?"

 

 

“You smile way too much at him.”

 


a/n; trying to rush new chapters out before school starts in 2 weeks eeek :__: nonetheless hope y'all are enjoying the story so far :) If you do, please let me know by commenting, subscribing, and upvoting! 

tysm for reading and have a great day as always <3

x oh0rats