12

A Rewritten Romance

chapter12;
_______________________________________________________________________________   
                                   "All the best to you in trying to win her back."

 

 

“Are you sure about this?” Hana asked for the 3rd time as she folded some of Ji Ae’s clothes into the luggage. Upon hearing that her best friend was going for a business trip with Kai, she immediately flew over to her house. 

 

 

“You’re asking that for the 3rd time, Hana.” Ji Ae shook her head, replying. She had been busy packing for the trip when her bestfriend showed up at the door with a ‘you-need-to-tell-me-everything’ expression written all over her face. Ji Ae knew that of all people, her bestfriend would be the one who opposed to it the most. 

 

 

“Honey, I just don’t want you to have any regrets the moment you step onto that plane,” She placed her hands up as though surrendering, “Tell me honestly, do you still have feelings for Kai?”

 

 

Ji Ae stopped moving upon hearing the sudden question, finding herself speechless. Does she still have any feelings for Kai since 4 years ago? No, no, no.

 

 

“No.”

 

 

“Are you very sure?”

 

 

Seeing that Ji Ae remained quiet ignoring her words, Hana rolled her eyes and continued, “God knows what Yixing was even thinking. He must be crazy! I swear he makes the worst decisions sometimes.”

 

 

“Hana unnie, Uncle Yixing isn’t crazy!” Eun Jae, who was sitting on Ji Ae’s bed watching the two women pack as they talked, immediately pointed out, “He’s the best!”

 

 

“Yah yah,” Hana pretended to huff her cheeks angrily before leaning onto the little boy to pinch his soft cheeks, “Jae, it’s not fair for you to always side your Uncle Yixing and not me! Hana unnie loves you more, you know that right? Say Hana unnie’s the best.”

 

 

“I’m not too sure..” Eun Jae placed his fingers on his chin and contemplated, “Unnie, it’s okay. I love you too!”

 

 

“Stop using propaganda to win over my poor kid, Hana Zhang.” Ji Ae laughed upon hearing their conversation. She walked around the room, picking up things she needed for the trip. Clothes, toiletries, simple makeup.. What else did she miss out? “And it’s not Yixing’s fault. If you want to blame, blame Chairman Lee who can’t make it here.”

 

 

“I still think it’s risky and dangerous for you to go all the way to the states with that jerk. You and him.” Hana clicked her tongue, and looked over to Ji Ae, “God knows what he might be planning up his sleeve, Ji?”

 

 

“Who’s the jerk?”

 

 

Hana looked flabbergasted the moment Eun Jae asked, and Ji Ae shot her a look before moving towards her child, “Jae, no one’s a jerk. Hana unnie was just talking nonsense. Continue reading okay?”

 

 

“You can’t keep the secret forever, can you!” Hana mouthed at her bestfriend silently, “When are you telling him Kai’s his father?”

 

 

“When the time is right.” Ji Ae mumbled back at Hana sighing, and immediately changed the topic, “Are you gonna be home next week to accompany Jae though? Yixing said your parents would be taking care of him, what are you up to next week? Parties again?”

 

 

Hana leaned forward, propping her chin on her palm, “Hey, don’t make me sound so bad okay. If Jae’s staying over at our place, of course I’ll be staying at home the whole week to look after him too! I’ll make sure he likes me more than Yixing oppa after that one week.”

 

 

“Wow, that’s not going to be easy at all,” Ji Ae chuckled, “but you can try.”

 

 

Slapping Ji Ae’s shoulder lightly, she rolled her eyes, “Thank you very much for your encouragement and support.”

 


 

“Come in.”

 

 

“Oppa!” Mirae whispered the moment she entered Kai’s office quickly before shutting the door behind her, “Someone is here to see you.”

 

 

“Who?” His eyes remained fixed on the computer screen, “If it’s one of those promoters again, send them away and-“

 

 

“The woman claims to be Hana Zhang, she’s here from the Zhang’s company!”

 

 

Hana Zhang? That name sounded too familiar for him to forget. Lay’s sister! What is she doing here? He had never seen Hana getting involved in much of the work matters in the office, so why is she here today?

 

 

“Send her in.” He finally said before standing up to welcome his guest in. The door clicked open and in walked Hana. Kai watched as the lady walked in with a grim expression on her face. What exactly could she be here for.. 

 

 

“Nice seeing you again, Kai-ssi. I believe you already know me. I'm Hana Zhang, Lay’s sister and Ji Ae’s good friend.” She spoke politely as they both sat down at the table, while Kai instructed Mirae to bring the guest a cup of tea.

 

 

“Yes, I remember you.” Kai replied shortly, “What brings you here today, Ms Zhang?”

 

 

“I know you’re a really busy man, and I’m sorry for taking up your time. But I feel that there is a need for me to make some things straight regarding the business trip.” Hana cleared and carried on speaking, “I’m not going to beat around the bush, so let’s just cut straight to the point.”

 

 

“Uh huh..” Kai looked slightly confused. Hana Zhang definitely did remind him of his conversation with Lay just a few days ago.

 

 

“Ji Ae is my bestfriend. I have known her for 4 years.” She started.

 

 

Kai groaned inwardly, he sure knows where this is going. Both Zhang siblings are really protective of Ji Ae, huh? Seeing that both siblings had came to meet him persoanlly, Kai knew that he was already blacklisted. 

 

 

“And I do know of your past with Ji Ae too.”

 

 

“You too?” Kai sat up straight in his chair with a shocked look.

 

 

“What? Someone else knows?” Hana looked at him, raising her brows.

 

 

“Your brother.” He replied bitterly.

 

 

“Yixing Oppa and I just want the best for Ji Ae,” Hana crossed her arms against her chair and leaned back, “She and Eun Jae are both very important to us. If you don’t mind me saying this, you should stop trying to win her back. And I’m warning you, do not try anything funny during the trip where it’s just going to be just the two of you alone.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“I can tell that she’s trying to push you away, while you’re trying to pull her back to you. 4 years ago, you have caused her enough hurt and you have no idea what she went through. Ji Ae doesn’t want to risk going through any more heartbreaks, and that’s why she’s refusing to accept you again. She’s an amazing, strong, and independent woman, and I would never let her get hurt again. She doesn’t deserve it at all.”

 

 

 Kai remained silent as he listened to Hana. Yes, she’s an amazing woman, and that’s why he fell in love with her since day one. And that’s why he’s not intending to give her up at all. Seems like the Zhang siblings both have something very against him right now.

 

 

“Eun Jae is her only priority right now, Kai-ssi. All I'm asking for, is for you to stay away from her after the buisness trip.” Hana added firmly. She wanted to tell him so bad that Eun Jae was his! She wanted him to feel sorry for letting Ji Ae go through everything all by herself the last 4 years. She wanted to let him know how strong and independent her best friend was, and that she would do just perfectly fine without him in her life. But most importantly, she wanted him to feel guilty, for not being there for Eun Jae as a father should have been.

 

 

“The both of you are really alike. You and your brother.” Kai spoke after awhile, “I know that the both of you do not have a very nice opinion of me right now, but believe me. I’m serious about winning Ji Ae back. And I won’t give up. Hurting her and letting her go once was already a mistake, and I will not make the same mistake twice. Never.”

 

 

"How can I be so sure that she wouldn't get hurt by you again? Just like how she did 4 years ago?"

 

 

"I'll prove it to you. To you and your brother." Kai's face was expressionless. He realised, in order to get to Ji Ae, there were also other people involved, which made things harder for him. How is he going to even succeed winnning Ji Ae's heart if her loved ones like Lay and Hana are so opposed to him?

 

 

Hana studied the man closely. Something about Kim Jongin made her feel like he wasn’t lying, and that he was truly serious and determined in winning her best friend back. She’s not too sure about how he’s going to go about doing it, because all Hana knows is that her best friend could be a tough nut to crack when it comes to love.

 

 

Finally, she looked up at him and said, “It’s not going to be easy at all, so all the best to you in trying to win her back.”

 


hope you've enjoyed this new chapter <333 

but pls do  subscribe, comment and upvote! :")

x oh0rats