PajamaBottoms

Fire Burns in August Skies

Kyuhyun POV

“KYUHYUN OPPA!” The small crowd around me yells, as I make my way to the van. I do my best to smile at my wonderful fans, but the exhaustion is working against me. As I reach the van, some of them ask me for a picture. They can’t be older than fifteen, so I oblige.

Tiredly smiling, I pose with three of my young fans to take the picture before turning to enter the van.

 

“Oppa,” One of them giggles. I turn to them and see a present in their hands.

 

“For me?” I ask, smiling once more. The young girl nods her head. “Thank you,” I say taking the present from her.

 

“Ahjussi told be to give it to-,” The girl with blue braces is elbowed softly by her two friends. ,

 

“We aren’t suppose to tell him that! Remember?” One girl with a red ribbon in her hair mutters as the other girl holding a fan with my name on it, hits her friend.

 

“What ahjussi?” I ask, confused.

 

“Well,” The girl who handed me the present says, rubbing her head.The three girls look at each other, before looking back at me.

 

“Some ahjussi told us to give you the present because he was too embarrassed to tell you he was a fan,” The girl with the red ribbon says. “We wanted to get you something, but we didn’t have any money,”

 

“So when the ahjussi asked us we agreed,” The girl holding my fan looks down embarrassed. “He told us not to mention him because he would be worried you would be creeped out and not take it,” I nod understanding, this actually happened quite often. “He just really wanted you to take his present,”

 

“Okay,” I smile. “Well thank you for helping the ahjussi out, and I hope you guys enjoyed the show,”

 

“Deh Oppa!” The girls say quickly, giggling.

 

“Kyuhyun Oppa you’re so amazing!” One gushes, and I laugh. “You’re the best.” She says, covering her face. The other girls giggle and nod.

 

“Make sure you tell Eunhyuk Oppa and Siwon Oppa that,” I tell them jokingly. “Okay, bye. Be safe going home!” I tell them, waving before closing the door. Manager Hyung drives out the parking lot and I could finally stop smiling now.

 

“Why don’t you try to get some sleep on the way back to the dorms?” Hyung asks me. I shake my head,

 

“Mmm,” I respond, looking at the blue box in front of me. The box was square, and the wrapping paper was beautifully done. Manager Hyung sighs.The blue wrapping paper has weird shaped black dots on it, and maybe if I wasn’t so tired I would try to guess the shapes, but instead I just put it next to me. I feel like I’m going to crash any moment, and I know tonight I will fall asleep. This knowledge is both saddening and terrifying, it’s sad because I know the others will have to deal with me, but it’s terrifying because I’m afraid of what I’ll remember.“Hyung,” I say, just loud enough for him to hear me. “I think I’m just going to take a shower and go to sleep when I get to the dorms.” I can see his eyes in the rear view mirror grow big.

 

“O-Okay, Kyu,” He says, “So no stops?” Hyung asks. I shake my head. “Right, I’ll get there as fast as I can.”

I stare out my window as Hyung takes a different route home, though he seems happy about me finally sleeping I can’t help but feel bitter about it.


 

“Kyuhyun ah,” Manager Hyung says, helping me bring all my gifts inside. “Make sure you rest well, you have no schedules tomorrow so take this time to recharge,” I nod tiredly. “Okay,” Hyung smiles at me, “See you later,”

 

“Bye, Hyung,” I say closing the metal door. I turn to see a bag of opened chips on the table, which is weird because neither Ryeowook nor Eunhyuk would leave any food unattended on the table. Both of those neat freaks even pick up after Sungmin and me, when we do it. I hear a flush from one of the bathrooms from down the hall, and I’m surprised. No one should be home right now. Hyungs have all been part of this new workout regime, because they have too much freetime on their hands. About three times a week, on the days I have schedules. The water from the sink is on full blast. Sungmin is very strict about conserving water, we don’t use all that water. I grab a water vase from the kitchen table.

 

I-Is it him? Is he here for me?

 

The water stops, so I quickly hide behind the living room wall. I hear footsteps coming closer, it’s almost as loud as my heart. The footsteps continue to grow louder and louder. I try to control my breathing, but I know whoever this person is, is standing right behind this wall. Vase shaking in my hand, I raise my arm up in the air.

The person walks right by me, and I follow them. Just one quick hit…

 

RING RING RING

 

The person’s cell phone starts ringing, and he picks up the phone quickly.

 

UE KYANG KYANG

 

I recognize that laugh anywhere.

 

“HyukJae!” Junsu says excitedly. I put the vase down silently, and just stand in the middle of the room. I almost hit Xia Junsu over the

head with a vase. “Yeah! I’m at your dorm,” He laughs once more. Junsu looks around the room while still talking on the phone, before looking at me. It takes him half a second to realize he’s not alone. “AHHHH,” He screams.

 

“Hyung,” I laugh. “It’s me,” I tell him. He stops screaming and looks at me.

 

“Oh Kyuhyun,” He sighs. “I didn’t know you were here,”

 

“I was just getting ready for a shower,” I tell him. He nods.

 

“I’ll be out here,”

 

“Well,” I tell him, shifting my weight from one foot to another, uneasy. “I’m really tired and would like to go to sleep after,”

 

“Okay, Junsu nods. “I’ll be quiet.”

 

“I-It’s not that,” I say, trying to find the right words. “I-I just think it would be better for you if you went to the upstairs dorm,”

 

“Oh,” Junsu says sadly. He nods softly, and I curse him for his innocent face. One cannot see Junsu sad and not want to make him feel better.

 

“I-I just don’t want to be rude,” I make up an excuse. He looks up at me.

 

“I don’t mind” He shakes his head, “You’re not being rude.” I bite my lip, not knowing what to do. “How about you take a shower, and if you still feel like sleeping, I’ll leave,” Junsu suggests. I smile.

 

“Okay, deal.”


 

Junsu POV

 

As soon as I hear the shower water turn on I call HyukJae, worried.

 

“Ya, pabo, what now?” He says as soon as he picks up my call.

 

“Kyuhyun’s here,” I whisper in a panicked voice.

 

“Why is that a problem?” HyukJae asks, confused. “He lives there.”

 

“What am I supposed to do?” I squeak.

 

“Where is he now?”

 

“In the shower,” I tell him. “But he seems tired.”

 

“Well,” HyukJae laughs. “At least he’s not going to sleep, if he was then you’d have to be worried.” I bite my lip.

 

“What happens if he, you know, falls asleep?” I ask, trying not to give away any details.

 

“Well, you’d have to be prepared.”

 

“Prepared for what?”

 

“Waking him up, getting him to breathe again, stopping his tears, comforting him,”

 

“Hyuk!” I groan, “How do I do that?”

 

“Well, usually Kangin shakes him really hard while yelling at him, so he could wake up. Then either, Leeteuk, Sungmin, or me hold him until he stops crying, and all of us take turns trying to comfort him.”

 

“How do you comfort him?”

 

“Just by talking,”

 

“About what?”

 

“Anything that will distract him, because he never wants to talk about those dreams.”

 

“Well,” I whisper, looking towards the door, “Can you blame him?” Sighing, I look at the clock. “When are you guys coming back?”

 

“Just calm down,” He laughs. “Kyuhyun won’t bite...hard.”

 

“Shut up,” I snap. “What’s taking you so long?”

 

“Well, you know, it’s not easy finding the other bears.” He says bitterly. “Especially when one could still be in the wilderness,”

 

“What about the female?” I ask. “Did you find her?”

 

“She, well, she didn’t seem to like us that much.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Oh, you know bears, very possessive and protective.”

 

“Is the ranger giving her food as well?”

 

“Well, we don’t know what kind of fish he gave our bear, so we can’t ask about her specific diet.”

 

“Grrr!”

 

“I know,”

 

“So you don’t know if the third bear is in the wild or captivity?”

 

“Nope,” HyukJae sighs, “It seems like no one has been keeping record of him,”

 

“Did you ask his last, er, owner?”

 

“Owner?” He asks, confused. “I don’t understand,”

 

“Ugh,” I roll my eyes “Why are you so small brained?” I tease. “Nevermind,” I shake my head . “What are you doing now?”

 

“Um, I’ll tell you when we get back.”

 

“Okay,” I sigh. “I’m hanging up,”

 

“Okay,” Hyuk says. “YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE MY HOUSE A MESS!” He yells so loud through the phone that I have to pull it away from ear.

 

“Yeah, yeah,” I roll my eyes. “Whatever, you OCD nagging subject of mine. Bye!”

 

“Why you-” I hang up and snicker.

 

“Pabo HyukJae,” I mutter still smirking.

 

“That should be his official name,” A voice says from behind, causing me to jump in surprise. “Sorry, Hyung.” Kyuhyun chuckles, taking a seat on the sofa. “I keep scaring you.”

 

“It’s okay Kyu,” I laugh nervously. “How long have you’ve been there?”

 

“Not long,” Kyuhyun shrugs. “Just long enough to overhear you talking about tracking a bear,”

 

“Well,” I clear my throat. “It seems like you take short showers,”

 

“Trying to do my part in helping our planet,” He says, before smiling, “And it saves money on our rather large water bill.” I laugh, I never thought about the size of Super Junior’s water bill. It kinda makes me feel better when I have to pay my bills.

 

“Mmm,” I say sniffing the air. “Something smells really good,” I start walking towards the scent, going around the sofa, smelling the cushions and pillows, the smell getting stronger, until I reach Kyuhyun. He stares at me, amused and bewildered. The smell is oozing from him. I start sniffing his pajama bottoms, his shirt, even his neck (despite countless complaints), until I reached the top of his head. “What is this delicious smell?” I ask, practically pinning him down so I continue smelling his hair.

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun yells, struggling against my hold. “Get off, you’re heavy!”

 

“What kind of shampoo do you use?” I ask, nose in his still wet hair. “Or is it your conditioner?”

 

“Hyung!” He yells. Honestly, I’m really lucky Kyuhyun is weak right now, he would have probably escaped by now and bludgeoned me to death by now. “Get off me, right now!”

 

“Is it oil or some product?” I ask, still intrigued by this smell. “It smells like warmth, and love,” I smell the back of his head.

 

“It hurts!” Kyuhyun whines, unable to break my grasp.

 

“What’s going on here?” A familiar voice asks, causing both of us to stop and stare at the door. In front of us were two of my members, Changmin and Jaejoong. Jaejoong was staring in disbelief as he held a bag of groceries in his hand, while Changmin seemed, well, extremely angry. I look down at our position and realize what this must look like. I’m sitting on top of Kyuhyun, legs on either side of his hips, pinning his hands above his head, face in his hair.

 

“Help me,” Kyuhyun begs from under me. “He’s crazy I tell you!” My jaw drops and so do my hands. No quicker than when I get off of Kyuhyun does Changmin rush to his side.

 

“It wasn’t what it looked like,” I say raising my hands.

 

“He’s crazy!” Kyuhyun says, wide eyed, hugging onto Changmin. “One second I sit on the couch and try to have a normal conversation like a good host, and the next I’m being sniffed at and pinned down,”

 

“Is that true, Junsu?” Jaejoong asks, looking at me still in shock.

 

“W-Well,” I blush, “I-I wasn’t trying to hurt him,”

 

“He was sniffing my pants, my shirt, my neck!” Kyuhyun says, eyes wide and excited, “Then he pinned me down and started asking about my shampoo and conditioner,”

 

“Ya,” Changmin says, glaring at me while holding the magnae, “Why were you attacking my friend?”

 

“Smell his hair!” I say loudly, in my defense. “It smells like everything good in the universe was in his shampoo bottle!” Kyuhyun stares at me, never in fear, but bewilderment. Curious, both Jaejoong and Changmin start sniffing at Kyuhyun.

 

“What are you doing?” Kyuhyun yells, continue to sniff.

 

“Junsu was right,” Jaejoong says under his breath. “You smell so amazing,” Kyuhyun begins to push them away.

 

Eventually we let Kyuhyun go, well, Jae and I did. Changmin was still holding him.

 

“And I thought my members were weird,” Kyuhyun huffed, leaning against Changmin.

 

“You know,” Changmin sighs, “Maybe if you would eat properly you would have been able to push Junsu Hyung off,”

 

“Does that make him sniffing me any less weird? No.”

 

“You smell really good though,” I whine. Kyuhyun eyes me.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Kyuhyun asks. “Not that it bothers me, well the sniffing does, but not your presence.”

 

“We brought some food for you guys,” Jaejoong says quickly. “I heard you had a hard time eating and thought that I would make you some soup.”

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked softly, turning to Jaejoong, “Thank you, that’s really sweet of you.”

 

“It was my idea,” Changmin mutters.

 

I stare at Changmin in wonder. He’s so different when it comes to Kyuhyun. Right now, for instance, he has his arm around Kyuhyun, their bodies very close (closer than he would ever sit when with the members), his free hand gently pushing hair out of Kyuhyun’s eyes, as he stares very attentive to his friend. When he first came in he seemed angry, but he didn’t touch me, instead he went straight between me and Kyuhyun. Even now, he’s upset that Kyuhyun is thankful to Jaejoong rather than him. It’s almost as if Changmin was jealous.

 

“Well,” Kyuhyun smiles at Changmin, a smile I haven’t seen him use on any of s before, “Thank you Changmin, for caring enough about me that you’d bring your hyungs to cook for me,”

 

“I was going to make it myself,” Changmin tells him softly, “But Jaejoong is the best cook in the world, so I thought at a time like this, you should eat his food.” Kyuhyun laughs softly. I quietly walk over to Jaejoong and whisper in his ear.

 

“Look at the magnaes,” Jae turns away from the groceries in confusion, and sees how the Changmin is acting. Gentle, loving, intimate.Kyuhyun responds the same way.

 

“Do you think…?” Jae turns to me with wide eyes, surprised for the second time this evening. We look back at the two magnaes who, despite having an entire sofa to sit on, are cuddled up in a corner of it.

 

“I-I don’t know,” I say honestly.


No One’s POV

 

The youngest magnae was staring at the other, carefully observing his tired features. Kyuhyun’s usually bright smiling face was replaced with a tired and dulling stare, deep bags under his bloodshot eyes, as old scars are visible. Yet, despite all these things, Kyuhyun still looked beautiful (that is closest word he could find) in Changmin’s eyes. It had always been a thought in the back of Changmin’s mind, but he always saw Kyuhyun as beautiful. It intrigued him because he knew Kyuhyun wasn’t “feminine”  pretty (like how people consider Jaejoong or Heechul), but he wasn’t exactly “masculine” handsome (like many consider Yunho or Siwon), yet he had this beauty about him that was strong, yet soft, flawed, yet perfect. Changmin always considered Kyuhyun to be the best looking among his friends (in his own personal opinion). And even now, staring at his tired face, Kyuhyun still was able to master this beauty.

 

“YA, Changmin, you’re staring,” Jaejoong comments, giving his magnae a weird look. Kyuhyun turns to look at Changmin, noticing his stare for the first time that evening. Changmin acts unaffected, and simply smiles. Kyuhyun stays silent, smiling at his silly friend.

 

“You look tired,” Changmin says, trying his best not to caress the dark circles under Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

“I am,” Kyuhyun nods.

 

“Why don’t you get some sleep,” Changmin scolds, “Without sleep your body won’t rest, and your immune system will start failing,”

 

“Even if I sleep I can’t rest,” Kyuhyun frowns.

 

“Nightmares still bothering you?” Changmin asks softly, Kyuhyun nods slowly. “It’s okay, Kyuhyun, we’ll take care of you while we’re here.” Kyuhyun stays quiet.

 

“We can wake you up if you need it,” Jaejoong adds in.

 

“That’s not your job,” Kyuhyun sighs. “It’s not even my hyungs’ job.”

 

“It’s okay Kyuhyun-ah,” Junsu nods, feeling more confident now that s are here to help. “We know CPR,” Jaejoong elbows Junsu, and Changmin glares at him. Kyu isn’t supposed to know that they know how bad his nightmares are, beut being the genius that he is, Kyuhyun realizes that the others must have told them.

 

“Let me guess,” Kyuhyun says lazily, “Eunhyuk told Junsu who told the rest of you? Or was it Donghae and Heechul who told Yunho? Or did all of them come to you guys for help?” Kyuhyun asks, looking at Changmin.

 

“Well,” Changmin says, deciding to be as honest as he can. “It was more like the last one, but not exactly how you mean it.” Kyuhyun nods. “Look,” Changmin says softly. “Why don’t you just go to sleep while Jaejoong Hyung makes the soup,” He suggests. “It won’t be too long until it’s done,”

 

“Was this a ploy, the soup thing, all to get me to go to sleep?” Kyuhyun asks, bluntly. Changmin widens eyes eyes and shakes his head furiously.

 

“No,” He tells Kyuhyun. “I am genuinely concerned for you  and your health,” Changmin answers honestly. Kyuhyun nods, relieved he isn’t lying.”But if we can also get you to take a nap, well, that would be great.” Kyuhyun just shakes his head, holding back a yawn.

 

“Okay,” Changmin sighs, looking at the others. They signal that they’re going to the kitchen, and Changmin nods.

Kyuhyun picks up a book and begins to read it, as the two sit close together in a comfortable silence. Suddenly a idea pops into Changmin’s head.

“Are you cold?” Changmin asks quietly, Kyuhyun looks up at him and thinks for a second, before nodding. “Here,” Changmin says, pulling a blanket off the sofa, covering Kyuhyun. “Better?” He asks softly. Kyuhyun grins, sighing in content. Kyuhyun goes back to reading the book, while Changmin begins to hum a soft melody. The warmth from the blanket and the body heat from the closeness of him and Changmin cause an extremely comfortable atmosphere for Kyuhyun, one that makes Kyuhyun feel safe. The soft humming lures him into a state of contentment, and slowly his eyes begin to close. Kyuhyun does his best to keep his eyes open, but the weight of them seem too heavy. The book that Kyuhyun was once holding now falls the floor with a soft thud. Changmin looks to his side, still humming, and smiles softly. His best friend was just like a baby, keep them warm and play a lullaby, and neither Kyuhyun nor a baby could resist falling asleep. Kyuhyun begins swaying before falling on his side, but quick acting Changmin quickly catches the sleeping magnae. Scooting to the side a bit, Changmin gives Kyuhyun enough space to lay down. Kyuhyun’s head rests on Changmin’s lap as Kyuhyun cuddles up in his blanket. Changmin softly runs his fingers through Kyuhyun’s damp hair, humming ever so softly.

Junsu sees everything, as he walks out quietly, retrieving the the green onions. He turns to signal Jaejoong’s attention, as Changmin begins caressing Kyuhyun’s face. The peaceful look on Kyuhyun’s face has Changmin’s in awe, and his face has Junsu and Jaejoong is wonder.


 

The soup is finished, along with some vegetable pancakes, but Kyuhyun is still asleep. s, and the rest of DBSK, had arrived about half an hour earlier and have been watching him sleep ever so peacefully. It’s been a long time since they’ve seen him sleep so soundly. Changmin, however, was suffering a bit. His legs were numb and he was hungry from humming so much, but he could not move and risk waking up the peaceful Kyuhyun.

 

“You may have to sleep here,” Yunho teases, but Changmin glares at him. “Oh come on, we were planning on staying anyway,”

 

“I don’t want to stay in these jeans all night! They’re beginning to cut my circulation,” He complains, earning him a pair of pajama bottoms thrown at his face.

 

“There you go,” Yoochun smirks.

 

“My legs are aching,” Changmin whines quietly. “But I can’t move them and wake Kyu,” He says, looking at Jaejoong. “Please, Hyung.” He begs, causing Jae to look at him in worry. “Feed me,” The others laugh quietly, shaking their heads at the almost teary-eyed Changmin. “Hyung,” He says seriously, “I-I don’t think I can do this anymore,” Changmin says, legs shaking. “I need to move,”

 

“Okay, okay,” Sungmin says, rushing over his side. “I’ll switch places with you,” He tells Changmin, “One the count of three. One, two, three!” The magnae and Sungmin quickly switch positions, causing Kyuhyun to stir. He begins blinking around, noticing the warmth that was underneath him was suddenly gone. With wide eyes Changmin quickly changes in front of the others, not really making a big deal about it because they’re all men, and pulls Sungmin out the way. He lays down on the couch, so his legs wouldn’t cramp up, and pulls Kyuhyun back down gently. Changmin begins humming once more as he gently pets Kyuhyun’s head. Kyuhyun quickly falls back to sleep, causing sighs of relief throughout the entire dorm.

 

“You’re gonna have to stay there, Changmin,”  Heechul laughs. “No way are we letting you wake up the magnae.” Changmin scowls, still humming.

 


 

Kyuhyun POV

 

CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP

 

Not opening my eyes, I groan at the sound of birds in the morning. Ugh, why are birds such morning people? Don’t they know I’m

trying to sleep?

 

Wait.

 

I was sleeping? Quickly I open my eyes and look around me, making sure this wasn’t a dream.I see birds out the window, chirping, as the blue sky behind them had me excited. I sit straight up, feeling surprised and more rested than I have in months.

 

“What’s wrong?” A familiar voice asks as I feel a shift on the sofa. I look behind me to see a sleepy Changmin, bed hair just making him look even more handsome. “Did you have a bad dream?” Blushing, I shake my head.

 

“N-Nothing,” I shrug, “I just woke up, and was surprised is all.” I say. He stares at me for a second before smiling.

 

“So no bad dreams?” He asks, and I smile back at him happily,

 

“No bad dream, at least not last night.” I say standing up. Changmin follows my suit, and stands as well. We stretch briefly, before something catches Changmin’s eye.

 

“What is that?” He asks, staring at the blue wrapped box.

 

“A present from my fan,” I shrug, yawning.

 

“What is it?” He asks curious.

 

“I don’t know,” I murmur. “Let’s see,” I say, walking to the box.


Hey Guys, 

I just want to thank you for your support and everything. I promised a chapter would be out either yesterday or today (and I kept that promise, it's 11 pm here though). I won't be able to update for a couple weeks (2-3) because of tests and presentations at school. Thank you guys once again!

-Love, ALL4ALL