BloodyHammerHands

Fire Burns in August Skies

So sorry about not updating! Had my surgery a couple days ago, here it is though! Sorry that it's so short. I reccomend also checking out my announcement/ change notification. It has a surprise


No One POV

 

CLICK CLACK

 

CLICK CLACK

 

Running out of the kitchen, Kyuhyun rushes down the hall. Throwing open the closet door, he reaches for the tool box. Kyuhyun takes a quick look behind him, only to his horror to see dozens of laser red eyes watching him. But they aren’t just watching anymore. The stuffed animals are now walking towards him, chanting.

 

“I see you,” They taunt him. Kyuhyun, close to tears, shakes his head violently. The dolls don’t scare Kyuhyun, but voice behind them does. That’s what’s so scary. It’s him, it has to be him... But how can the dolls walk?

 

“This isn’t real,” His voice wavers as he tries to convince himself this is just another nightmare.

 

“Oh, but it is,” The voice says, as Kyuhyun stays glued to the floor.  “Soon I’ll have you,” The dolls say, mouths stitched shut. “We’ll go back to where it all started, so you can join all your other camping friends. Maybe go behind the fire room” Kyuhyun shakes his head violently at the mere mention of the place.

 

“But we’re going to finish what you ruined,”

 

“N-NO!” Kyuhyun screams, eyes wide in terror. That can’t happen, no he’ll destroy everything.The entire country would lay in ruins, the world even.

 

“Then I’ll kill you.” The dolls declare as they march closer to Kyuhyun. “But first I’ll kill your family,” The voice promises, confirming Kyuhyun’s fear. In all of his fear, he can’t help but feel relieved that he sent his family abroad. “And after, your beloved members.” Kyuhyun stops shaking as he hears this. No, not his family. Not s. “When I’m done with them, I’m going after your other boyband friends,” Kyuhyun stares, confused for a moment. “It seems you’ve finally replaced Little JiHyunnie with another friend of yours.” The voice scoffs. “This one is rather tall and muscular, despite his high notes.” Changmin. He’s talking about Changmin and the other DBSK members.

 

Please, Kyuhyun silently begs. Don’t hurt Changmin. Kyuhyun could not bare the thought Changmin getting hurt. Why would he go after them? They are innocent, they know nothing, Kyuhyun thinks to himself.

 

“I am going to kill everyone you ever loved,” The dolls continue, answering Kyuhyun’s silent questions, as if reading his mind. “One way or another.” Something settles inside of Kyuhyun. “And I can bet I’ll have a lot of fun with little JiHyun’s replacement.”

 

“No,” Kyuhyun says, as something unfamiliar begins to take over. “You can’t,” He nearly yells, determined to protect his loved ones.


“They will either die protecting you,” The voice says simply, “Or as my toys, after I succeed with my plan.” Kyuhyun shakes his head. “Anyone who has ever loved you, anyone who has ever helped you, I will kill them all.” The voice says. “Slowly, and painfully.” The fear that once paralyzed was slowly turning into something else. With that, something snaps inside Kyuhyun.

 

ARRRGGHH

 

Kyuhyun screams, piercing the ears of the others in the dorm, startling them from their deep sleep.

 

He runs towards the dolls, hammer tight in his grip, and attacks. He screams as he bashes the heads of the dolls.


Eunhyuk POV

 

ARRRGGHH

 

I bolt out of bed, as a piercing scream startles me from my sleep. I take a quick glance around my surroundings, and realize I’m still in my room. What’s going on?

 

Was that Kyuhyun who screamed, did he have another nightmare? I think to myself, tiredly. Well, the peace was nice while it lasted, I sigh.

 

THUD

 

I tilt my head to the side, confused. What is that sound?

 

THUD

 

I jump at the sound, confused.

 

ARRGGHH

 

There is that piercing scream again. I cover my ears for protection.

 

Maybe it isn’t a nightmare, a voice tells me, What if HE’s here? What if HE has Kyu?

 

THUD

 

Quickly, I get out of my bed and run towards the wall. I need to help Kyuhyun.

 

THUD

 

Okay, so we know that whoever is after Kyuhyun is dangerous. This means...I need a weapon. Looking around my darkened room, I feel grateful for my small obsession with cleaning. Even in the dark I should know where everything is placed. But what can I use?

 

THUD

 

All I have are clothes and music players….wait! I think I remember Kangin giving me a souvenir from his baseball team. A bat? A bat! He gave me the baseball bat he used to score a homerun, even though his team didn’t win the game, it was still an important moment for him.

 

THUD

 

I put it in the trunk under my bed, with all of the other memorable sports gear (Donghae’s soccer ball, Siwon’s cycling helmet, Yesung’s boxing gloves, Leeteuk’s mountain climbing harness, Sungmin’s nunchucks, etc).    

 

THUD

 

What is that sound? Shaking my head, I quickly drop to my knees and search for the trunk under my bed. Here it is!

 

CREEK

 

Suddenly I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He’s here, in my room. I try to swallow the lump in my throat, and the fear in my heart, because I know I need to protect Kyuhyun. I will not let him hurt my magnae!

 

THUD

 

Gripping tightly to the bat, I prepare myself to swing with all my strength.

 

CLAT CLAT CLAT

 

I close my eyes as I hear their footsteps draw near.

 

CLAT CLAT CLAT

 

I feel the person stop right behind me.

 

THUD

 

The person crouches down behind me, this is it. Quickly I turn around, swinging.

 

THUD

 

CLAP

 

“HyukJae!” A familiar voice shouts. I open my eyes in panic. Sungmin!

 

“Oh my gosh!” I rush to the now injured Sungmin.

 

“What the F-”

 

“I thought you were HIM!” I explain in a hushed voice. “I heard Kyuhyun screaming, and I thought-”

 

“So did we, so we grouped together to fetch you!” A voice from behind claims, probably Yesung.

 

THUD

 

“And you try to kill the only one of us who knows how to fight, nice going” Ryeowook adds sarcastically.

 

“I’m sorry!” I whisper-yell. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Sungmin grunts.

 

THUD

 

ARRGGHH

 

The piercing scream brings us back, there is no mistake. That’s our Kyu.

 

“Alright,” I say as the others look at me worriedly, “Let’s go save our magnae,”

 

We creep down the hall baseball bat ready, but the sound just gets louder and more consistent.

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

An image pops up in my head, one of someone beating Kyuhyun over and over again. All I see is a scared Kyuhyun screaming. Shaking my head, I push forward. This hallway that I’ve walked down oh-so many times before, now, feels foreign to me. I don’t know know who’s here, or what’s here, anymore.

 

THUD

 

As we approach the dimly lit living room we can hear the heavy panting of a man, cries the air lets out as the man swings a weapon, the the thudding of the the one being subjected to this man’s powerful beating.

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

THUD

 

Hiding behind the wall, I signal for the others to stop. Quietly, I peek from behind the wall to see what’s going on.

 

PLOP

 

The baseball bat slips out of my hands as I witness the scene in front of me.

 

“K-Kyuhyun,” I call out weakly. Said-boy lifts his head at the sound of his name, looking straight at me. I gasp.

 

“HyukJae!” Sungmin, whisper-yells, half angry half scared. “What are you doing?”

 

“Kyuhyun,” I say once more, as the others reach for me. I step away from the wall, and into the living room. Looking back to the others, I shake my head. “It’s Kyuhyun,” Their eyes widen in realization, before they too step out from behind the wall and gasp.

 

Kyuhyun stares at us, eyes wide, filled with anger and fear. In his bloodied and scraped hand is a hammer, around him are all the stuffed animals he received from his fans, stuffing removed and heads ripped off.

 

“They were going to kill me,” Kyuhyun whispers, looking around at the mess he made. A couple vases were collateral damage in this stuffed-animal massacre.

“I-I had to,” He says defensively, gripping tighter onto the hammer, tears in his eyes.

 

“Hey,” I say softly, taking a couple steps forward. Kyuhyun, unsure, takes a couple steps back. He looks around frantically. “It’s okay,” I assure him, walking over the now-unstuffed-animals. In the mirror above Kyuhyun’s head I see Yesung silently take an untouched doll and stuff it into his pocket. “It was all a dream,” I tell the terrified Kyuhyun, who is now hyperventilating.

 

“N-No!” Kyuhyun says, while swinging the hammer in the direction of the dolls. “They were talking to me!” He says, glaring at the dolls, as if they told him some terrible secret, before looking back at me. He must have realized how crazy it sounds by looking at my face, because he just started crying. “I’m not crazy!” He exclaims. “I did the math, I did the math!” He yells desperately, gripping the hammer with all his might. “H-He said that he was going to take me back,” Kyuhyun wipes his eyes roughly. “I’m not going back, I won’t go back!”

 

“Kyuhyun,” Yesung says, as Sungmin and Ryeowook quietly pick up the mess Kyuhyun has made. “It was all a dream, a nightmare-”

 

“No!” Kyuhyun yells, causing all of us to jump. “It wasn’t a dream! It’s real! They were talking!” He screams, tears pouring down his face.

 

“Okay,” I nod, staring at the hammer. Reaching for it ever so slowly, I take the hammer away from Kyuhyun, before pulling him in for a tight hug. “It’s okay now.” Kyuhyun just begins to sob against my shoulder. Sungmin and Ryeowook join our hug, tears in all of our eyes. I see Yesung standing off to a corner, and pull him in too.

 

“I’ll go make some chamomile tea,” Ryeowook says, pulling away. Sungmin joins him, as Yesung continues to pick up the mess. I continue to hold Kyuhyun against my chest, because I can’t do what I really want to do, end this.

 

“I promise you, Kyuhyun,” I whisper, squeezing the boy. “We will protect you, from any one and anything,” I feel Kyuhyun lean in closer to me, so I hug him as tightly as I can. “We’re gonna protect you, Kyu,”

 

“Then you’re gonna die,” Kyuhyun whispers so quietly, that I pull back to make sure I heard correctly.

 

“What?” I ask, surprised.

 

“If you try protecting me,” He cries softly. “If you love me, you will die.”

 

“Kyuhyun,” I shake my head.

 

“H-He said, everyone who I’ve loved, my family, you guys, DBSK, everyone who’s loved me, will die protecting me or as a pawn once he succeeds,” I stare at Kyuhyun in shock. “Why do you think I sent them away?” Kyuhyun laughs bitterly, as he tries to wipe his tears.

 

“Who did you send away, Kyuhyun?” I ask slowly, careful not to let the others know.

 

“My family,” He whispers. “H-He said he would come after them, he would kill them, but I never thought he would hurt you guys.” Kyuhyun cries. “I-I thought you guys would be safe because you were innocent, b-but I was wrong. Y-You guys are my family too, and th-that means he’ll come after you.”

 

“Succeed in what, Kyuhyun?” I ask, faking a strong front, when in reality fear is all I’m feeling. “Who is he?” Kyuhyun stares tiredly at me, blood mixed with tears, smeared across his face from wiping his tears with his bleeding hand. “Kyuhyun, what’s his name?” I ask, voice strong, knees weak.

 

“Oh my gosh,” Sungmin’s voice echos through the dorm. “Kyuhyun, your hand! Ryeowook, bring the first aid kit!” He yells, pulling me from a trance that was currently named Cho Kyuhyun.

 

“Min Yo Han,” I look up at Kyuhyun, startled. He stares at his hand, freely bleeding, as his tears are falling.

 

“What?” I ask, staring at him. Kyuhyun looks up at me, saying nothing. But his eyes tell me that is all I'm going to get.

“It’s okay Kyuhyun,” Sungmin says softly, “We’ll clean you up,” He tells Kyuhyun soothingly. “Shhh, don’t cry. It’s alright.”


Sorry for not replying to comments and not updating, as previously stated, the original chapter was deleted. This is all I got! Sorry it's not as good as I hoped for, I like the original better. I'll try to update again tomorrow. Thank you for reading and sticking with me, and for your comments!

LOVE YOU GUYS, ALL4ALL