Emptiness

Lyrics

"You threw me away with empty words

And all that's left is the emptiness you used to fill"

They dated a long time ago.

She was just Park Jimin back then. Not the famed Jamie of 15&. It was true, she was the rage all over Korea as the winner of KpopStar. But she hadn't debuted and was still a trainee.

He was just Kim Joohyun back then. Not yet Buffy of Madtown. Still a trainee at J. Tune Camp with absolutely no name power. He worked hard, but had never been exposed to the public eye.

And yet, they were still able to create a love story of their own. They were young when they met, she was foureen, he was sixteen. He was the friend of a friend, a mere aquaintance that she had met at a party. But as soon as Jimin saw him, she was hooked. He was charming and handsome, with just a pinch of adorable. The seemingly opposite of Jimin, with his cold aura and quiet personality. An impossible couple to all of the spectators on the sidelines. Regardless, Jimin tried.

"Hello. I'm Jimin," she said with a bright voice while extending her hand.

"Joohyung," he replied, his voice quiet yet clear.

"How'd you end up at this party?" 

"Jaebum invited me."

"Oh. Do you two go to school together?"

"We used to."

"Are you a trainee or something?"

"J. Tune Camp."

"Cool."

"Jimin! Come over, we need one more person to play poker," Bambam shouted from across the room.

"You know I at poker," Jimin yelled back, but nonetheless, she stood up. "You know, we should meet up again sometime Joohyung. I think it would be fun."

"Jimin! Stop flirting and get over here!" Bambam yelled, and Jimin felt her cheeks turn a flushed red.

"I wasn't flirting you idiot," Jimin fumed.

"Yeah yeah, just get over here," Bambam said.

She turned to Joohyung and said, "Bye."

He gave her a nod of acknowledgement and watched her walk away.  It was odd that a person kept trying to converse with him when his answers were clearly indicating that he did not wish to talk. Joohyung shook his head and pushed the talkative girl to the back of his brain.

 

"Jimin, you're going to come off as creepy," Jihyo informed her.

Jimin glared at Jihyo and said, "Why? We said we would keep in touch, and I am just trying to keep my word."

"You negotiated tomorrow's dinner in exchange for his number from Jaebum," Jihyo said with a raised eyebrow. "I don't think this guy expected you to go this far."

"I'm doing it anyways," Jimin said, and she walked into the bathroom  (the only place where a girl could get some privacy in a dorm with sixteen girls in it) to call Joohyung.

"Hello?" muttered a tired voice on the other end.

"Is this Joohyung?" Jimin asked as politely as she could muster.

The voice replied, "No. He's actually out getting us all dinner right now. This is his dormmate, Jaeho."

"Oh. Well when he comes back, please ask him to call me back. Tell him it Jimin from Jaebum's party," Jimin said.

Jaeho replied, albeit a little confusedly, "Alright I will. Bye."

And then the line went dead.

"Someone else picked up?"

"Oh my god, I thought you were joking."

"Who was it? Was it his girlfriend or something?"

Jimin was bombarded by an assortment of questions by a group of girls who were willing to latch onto any piece of gossip. Therefore, she retracted her earlier thought about the privacy of the bathroom.

"It was just one of the other trainees, I guess. He told me he would pass on the message to call," Jimin said as calmy as possible and went to her bed (to stare at her phone and wait for a phone call)

 

On the other side of Seoul, Joohyung was being harrassed because of the same phonecall.

"There's a girl."

"She actually went and called you."

"She was Jimin from Jaebum's party."

"Did you sleep with her?"

"Oh god, if you got a girl pregnant, the company's never gonna let you debut."

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"She wants you to call back."

"Can everyone shut up for a minute?" Joohyung shouted suddenly. "She's not my girlfriend, I didn't sleep with her, I don't even know how she got my number, and I'll call her back eventually."

Joohyung went to bed completating why the girl with all the words would even call him.

 

"Hello?" Joohyung said tentatively into his phone. "Jimin?"

"Yeah, it's Jimin," Jimin said. "How are you?"

"Fine. How did you get my phone number?"

"I pulled some strings."

"That's scary."

"Don't be scared. I asked Jaebum, and he gave it to me."

"Oh."

An awkward silence commenced before Jimin suddenly blurted, "Do you want to do on a date with me?"

"W-what?" Joohyung said, his chic act abandoned. "Like a real date? With you? In the near future?"

"That is indeed what I was asking you."

"B-but doesn't your company have a ban or something?"

"That's just for rookies who have debuted. I'm a trainee who hasn't. So I'm exempt from the ban. Does your company have a ban?"

"Well, no. Are you really sure about going on a date with me?"

"Sure. So it is a yes or no?"

"Yeah I guess. Where do you want to meet up?"

"There's a cafe that I really, really like around here. Is that alright with me?"

"Yeah sure. What time?"

"How about seven on Tuesday next week?"

"That works for me."

"Great! I'll text you the address."

"Ok. See you, I guess."

"See you."

And the two hung up just to be faced by bombardments of questions.

 

That was the beginning of their relationship. At the time, Jimin was still semi-famous, so the pair was careful, arranging midnight dates in obscure cafes. Their friends could never understand their relationship, the way that Joohyung absorbed Jimin's energy and made her calm and the way that Jimin could excite Joohyung to levels of bubbliness that was previously unimaginable. They seemed perfectly matched together, all of their flaws and stregths complementing each other. They were the best couple, the couple supreme, the ultimate pairing.

"Guess who?" Joohyung asked in a voice that he had thinly disguised.

"Oh Jaebum! I'm so glad you came, I missed you," Jimin replied in a teasing voice.

Joohyung took his hands off Jimin's eyes to give her a death glare, and she laughed.

"There goes your birthhday present," Joohyung said.

Jimin pouted while saying, "No wait, I need my present. I'm sorry."

"You should have thought about that before teasing me little missy."

"Please...... I'm your girlfriend!"

"Fine. But only because you're so cute."

Joohyung leaned down for a quick kiss, and Jimin obliged happily. In the other room, all of Jimin's friends and aquaintances started gagging.

"You guys are all jealous becuase I have the best boyfriend in the world," Jimin said as she sticks out her tongue.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Jihyo replied, and soon Jimin's birthday party was back in full swing.

It was clear to anybody that Jimin and Joohyung were perfect. They were matching puzzle pieces, perfectly filling out each other's flaws and just being generally awesome. Which is why it shocked everyone when they broke up.

"I can't do this," Jimin told Joohyung.

Joohyung sat stunned for a moment before asking, "W-what? But- but why?"

'I just can't," Jimin said to him, and she walked out of the tiny cafe where they had had their first date. And just like that, Joohyung was alone.

Joohyung spent the rest of the week rotating between calling Jimin and leaving messages, crying, and raging about the lack of a proper explanation for the breakup. For days, he cried himself to sleep, only stopping the habit when his dormmates complained. And how was his other half? Jimin was fine, focusing on practicing for her upcoming debut. The once inseperable couple was now split by unknown reasoning and their reactions were as different as possible.

But as always, life went on.

Later, Joohyung would see Jimin grace his TV screens and hear her voice on the radio, and he was filled with the longing for what could have been. And eventually, he would debut on his own, and meet her in the broadcasting stations and TV sets. And still, to this day, whenever he hears her laugh, he can feel the tiny empty space in him fill up once more, but soon it stops, and he is left with a tiny crack in his heart. A tragic ending to a once beautiful love story.

Author's Note

Hi! Thank you to the wonderful human who requested this, Briannalyn88. I hope you enjoyed this! For my next chapter fic, I want to write it about a group, so if anyone has any suggestions, leave it in the comments. Please subscribe, comment, upvote, and request. Thank you!

Song Info

Emptiness by Madtown

Music Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eVA4g-oakg