Jam

Lyrics

"So boring, like my leg's been broken

Wednesday night a little past midnight

I'm looking for somewhere cozy where the two of us can be together"

Jay stepped into the bright flashing lights of Seoul's most famous club. Music pounded through the speakers and shook every bone of his body. Jay had been to this club dozens of times before, and he had gone home with many women. He had stood on that stage and fed off the crowd's energy for some of his best performances. He gotten drunk out of his mind and woken up with killer hangovers. A few of his best memories had been made here, between shots of vodka and bright, flashing lights. But today, he was bored. 

And that was when he saw her. She was dancing alone, in the middle of the club, full of life and energy. She was wearing a loose white shirt, black leggings, and an assortment of necklaces and bracelets. He electric blue and purple hair lit up in the bright lights of the club. She danced loosely, pushing away men that got too close for her liking. She was so different from the girls with short skirts and low-cut tops that tried to get close to him because he was Jay Park. And so it was only natural that she made his heart skip a beat in a way that Jay faintly recognized as attraction. Not the kind where you want to grind with a person and take them back to your hotel room, but the kind where you want to dance the night away with that person. It was exhilarating.

He pulled himself together, put a smirk on his face, and slid up to her.

"Hey there. Did you come alone?" Jay purred in a way that had always worked for him.

"I did. I'd also like to be alone right now, and I plan on leaving this club alone," she replied hauntily.

Jay paused for a second, shocked at the chic rejection. 

"Well then. Let me a buy a drink for you then. No strings attached, you don't need to leave with me, and I pinky promise I won't take advantage of you," Jay said in a kinder tone, trying a different approach to get close to her. She turned to face him, and Jay instantly noticed her eyes. They were small, yet the black orbs glittered with a sort of fierceness and self confidence.

"And why should I trust you?" she asked, her eyebrow raised.

"Smart girl. Well, you shouldn't trust me completely, but I am pink-promising you, so I think that makes me pretty reliable," Jay replied, a quick smile gracing his lips.

The girl studied his face before she opened again. "Pinky promise?"

She extended her pinky, and Jay wrapped his around hers. "I pinky promise."

"Well then lead the way," she said, the corners of lifting just the slightest bit. 

Jay reached out to grab her hand as he wove his way throught the club to the bar. 

"What do you want?" he asked as his pulled his wallet out of his pocket.

"Can I order anything?" the girl asked, her eyebrow cocking up again.

"Anything for you, princess. Vodka, beer, martinis, wine, champagne, anything with alcohol is sold here," Jay said, placing emphasis on the nickname.

"Don't call me princess," she said with a small sneer.

"Then tell me your name," Jay replied with a grin.

"You're the one who said not to 'completely trust you'" she retorted. "And champagne."

"That's your name?" Jay said, his eyebrow cocking up. "Your parents clearly did quite a bit of clubbing in their day."

"That's not my name . Champagne. That's my order," she said.

"Champagne it is. Two glasses of the most expensive champagne you've got!" Jay called out to the bartender. "You know, it seems unfair that I'm buying you some champagne, and you're not giving me anything, princess."

She rolled her eyes and replied,"I didn't ask you to buy it for me. Besides what could you want anyways?" 

"Talk with me. I want to know more about you," Jay said, a bit of his sincerity leaking through his tough exterior.

"What do you want to talk about?" she said, her eyes piercing his.

"What do normal people talk about? What do you talk to your frainds about when you out with them? Entertain me. Tomorrow morning, I'll wake up and I'll be Jay Park. But tonight, I want to be Park Jaebeom with you, princess" Jay replied, a smirk gracing his lips as the words left his mouth.

"What you think this is, some drama? That was a real sweet line Park Jaebeom," the girl replied with a small eye roll. 

"I wouldn't know. It's been forever since I've actually properly watched a drama. I love movies though. Much less committment," Jay said with a shrug.

"Really? I love movies too! I loved 'Snow Piercer'. I adore Tim Burton though, even though 'Coraline' was creepy as ," she began. She kept talking, and all that was required of Jay was the occasional nod and sound of agreement. Jay stared at the dramatic transformation that had occured. His princess was now talking like so much, and her eyes were lit up with passion and care. He loved it.

"Do you want to go somewhere else with me?" Jay blurted out before his brain had the chance to filter it out. 

The girl looked at him mid-sentance and raised her eyebrow. "Where do you want to go?"

"A cafe. A restaurant. Anywhere. This club is really giving me a headache," Jay lied.

"Hello? Just because you think you're Park Jaebeom until tomorrow, Dispatch probably doesn't agree with you," she said firmly. "I am not up for death threats and screaming from your fans tomorrow."

Jay's shoulders fell as he realized the reality of his situation. "Then where do you want to go? Clubs are not always the best date locations."

"Then I guess this is where we say goodbye," the girl said gently, a tinge of sadness dancing on her features.

"Are you sure?" Jay said, his features reflecting sadness as well.

"Have you seen 'Before Sunrise'? The whole point of that movie is about having this perfect memory, untainted by bad times, of a person. I used to think that was perfect. To have this flawless, unaltered memory of a person or a moment. I guess a part of me still does. That's why I come to clubs. To find someone to create that kind of perfect memory with me," she said, her eyes passionate. 

"So you just want to leave, never see each other again," Jay said.

"Kim Ari. Film major. Twenty six years old," she said. "I'll see you at this club next Wednesday at 8:37, Park Jaebeom."

And then his princess disappeared into the crowd of moving bodies and flashing lights. 

Author's Note

This was honestly super fun to write! Thank you so much to the requestor, munyeca! Maybe I'll write a sequel to this or something eventually, because I adore this concept and storyline. Also, I definatly recommend "Before Sunrise" to anyone looking for a "deep" film to watch. It's one of my personal favorites. Please subscribe, request, comment, and upvote! Thanks!

Song Info

Jam by Dynamic Duo

Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbTOhfJYQkc