Starlight

Lyrics

"You are my starlight, shine on my heart

When were together, I feel like I'm dreaming all day

You are my starlight, I get so happy

Your love is like a present"

She is beautiful. The entire world thinks so, but he thinks she is especially beautiful today. A rare smile lights up her face, and he is filled with joy knowing that he is one of the few people that can coax a smile from her face when she is not in front of a camera. Both of them are similar, people of few words and fewer smiles. He is considered chic, she is considered a . And maybe that is why they match so well. Silence is the norm for them, but neither of them are upset by that. They cherish the moments of quiet in the chaos that is considered their lives. That is how it is today. The couple is celebrating six months together, six months of love and yet so much turbulence. She looks at him with the ease and love that makes him feel gooey every single time. They aren't in a restaurant, their lifestyle just doesn't allow it. But he thinks it is better like this, just the two of them eating home cooked food in the secluded comfort of her apartment (his is always too loud for a peaceful night) That is how Kai and Krystal spend their six month anniversary together. 

"Do you remember when I first met you?" Kai asks her fondly.

Krystal looks at him with a smile and replies, "How could I forget? I was late to dance class, you had to leave the class and you slammed the door-"

"-right in your face," Kai finishes.

"I still blame you for that, you know. I had a bruise on my face for-"

"-two weeks afterwards, yes yes I know."

"You're lucky that I convinced Jessica that it was an accident, she was ready to hunt you down."

Kai laughs. "Is that why she always side-eyes me when she sees me?"

"Probably. She doesn't forget easily."

"Well she's gonna at least have to get used to me before our wedding right?"

"It's ok, she has at least thirty years until the agency lets us do that."

Krystal feels both of their smiles fade just slightly off their faces, and a comfortable silence settles between them.

"I missed you," Krystal tells her boyfriend.

"So did I," Kai says, and both of them cannot hide the subtle tint on their cheeks.

It is silent once more, and both of them concentrate on the food that Krystal made (with a lot of help from Victoria). Soon, the food is gone, and Kai and Krystal stand up. As soon as they do, they are ushered onto the rooftop by Victoria with a lot of whistles and suggestive winks from Amber.

Once they are there, they sit down in the corner, Krystal resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder. There is a bottle of fancy champagne, and both of them are drinking from it.

"I'm glad that we're dating," Krystal says suddenly.

"So am I," Kai says quietly. 

"I really wish I could kiss you."

"You can. That's one of the perks of dating me."

"What if we get caught?"

"What's wrong about two grown adults who are dating kissing each other a little?"

"..."

And with that, both of them lean in, and they both revel in the butterflies that explode in their stomach. Kai's lips are chapped (as usual) and taste just slightly of the alcohol that the two have been drinking. Krystal bathes in the feeling of love that she is surrounded by. When her lips separate from Kai's, she rests her forehead on his and their noses bump. She giggles, and Kai thinks that it is the cutest thing ever. 

They have brought a blanket up to the rooftop, and they unfold it and lay on it. There are no stars that are visible in the cloudy Seoul sky, but the moon shines as brightly as ever on the young couple. They are glowing in the gently silver light, and they look at each other.

"You look beautiful," Kai says.

"I am beautiful," Krystal replies.

Kai laughs, his eyes illuinated by the moonlight.

"I think I'm falling in love with you again," Krystal says, her finger tracing Kai's nose.

"I know I'm falling in love with you again," Kai says and he leans in for a kiss.

The two of them fall asleep there, a tiny piece of their infinity together.

Author's Note

Here is a short, fluffy one-shot. I haven't updated this in forever. I'm so sorry, I've just been very busy with life and my other fics. In case anybody missed it, I did write an extension of the one-shot with Taehyun (I'm Young). link- https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1111727 I also started another fic with Jungkook (BTS) and Jimin (15&) as the main characters. link- http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1112890 Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this fic. Please subscribe, request, comment, and upvote. Thank you!

Song Info

Starlight by Taeyeon of Girl's Generation featuring DEAN

Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNmL4JiGxZQ