I

Lyrics

"A sky that spills light

Under it is I

Like a dream, fly

My life is a beauty"

It was odd. That a single moment, probably no longer than a minute, would have such a profound impact on her. 

Taeyeon had been up on a tree. It was still light outside, but the darkness had started blurring the edges of the world. The sky glowed, filling the sky with colors that made one feel at peace. The forest around her was full of trees, teetering and scraping that elegant sky. The pale leaves had filtered the light as it splashed around the forest, illuminating everything with a gentle glow. It was beautiful.

And the people surrounding her had completed it.The group that she had led for nine years, a group that was, by no means, perfect, the group that had been fractured and dropped. The group that she had been assigned to, the group that she had eventually chosen. But in that minute, that second, they were perfect. The way their features had been so alive had lifted Taeyeon. The laughter, the pure happiness, that had filled the air was precious, immeasurable by any human standard. Everything had been beautiful. They were surrounded by cameras, by filming equipment, and yet Taeyeon had never felt that their bond had been so real. And nine years of success, of hardships, of friendships, of failures, of memories, flashed through Taeyeon. Tiffany, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Sunny, Yoona, even Jessica. The girl who had supported her, the girl who had made her laugh, the girl who went through dance moves with her at midnight, the girl who had improved her, the girl who had trusted her, the girl who endured for her, the girl who lifted her, the girl who had left. All of them. 

Taeyeon went to bed for the first time in a long time with a light smile gracing her lips.

That moment stuck with Taeyeon. It was her constant relief point after a bad show, a bad comment, a bad practice. It was the belief that she could do it, that her girls could do it. The belief that they were beautiful and full of light and that they could all be happy. Maybe that was what woke Taeyeon up again. That fire, that passion to get the happy ending that they all deserved. That feeling that they needed each other. That feeling of love.

And so it was the single moment, probably no longer than a minute, that saved Kim Taeyeon.

Author's Note

I know that this was requested as a Taeny one-shot, but I just could not help myself from turning it into a OT9 type thing. I guess this is pretty short, so we'll call this one more of a drabble. Anyways, thank you very much to the requestor, _sarahksm.  Please request, subscribe, comment, and upvote. Thanks!

Song Info

I by Taeyeon (Girls' Generation) feat. Verbal Jint 

Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OrCA1OInoo