oo7

To Have & To Hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi was on her table doodling on the blank sheet in front of her. Her mind was occupied by her encounter with Dean during the interview. " Hmmph, who would ever think I could still see that bastard after all these years. He has never changed. He was still full of himself."

Their last night together was when she was nineteen and it was also the last time Dean had seen her. She totally disappeared from him by deciding to go back to her parents in Daegu, where they managed their own resort. She just stayed with aunt Aiyah in Seoul when she started with her college course. She decided to study outside of Korea. After a month, she flew to Singapore to finish her journalism course.

She still kept in touch with Ella, who was pestered with Dean's incessant query about her. " Perhaps he was guilty." That was her plan ---to make him feel guilty for toying with her. He was the first man in her life and she wanted him to know that she wasn' t that kind of girl that he and his friends labeled her to be. She didn' t regret giving herself to him that night because in her heart, she knew she really loved him and that was a memorable moment she shared with him.

Maggie was reading the draft she made on the interview. " Hayi, can't you think of another title for this article?" she asked.

Hayi didn' t seem to hear what she said. " Hayi...Hayi! " Maggie called.

" Huh! You were saying something?" she startled.

" Since you came back from the interview you don' t look yourself. Did you have any unpleasant experience with Mr. Kwon during the interview.?" She inquired.

" Uh...I' m just tired, " she said pretending to browse for something to read.

Maggie was feeling dubious about her reply. " I' m amazed at how you were able to persuade him to answer the last two questions. I was actually hesitant to include those because in most of his interviews he was always evasive to answer issues concerning about his private life. I was just taking chances if we can get a scoop this time. Now, I know what title fits this article---more catchy and intriguing."

" It's up to you. I did my part," she uttered flatly.

" It's not surprising he's taken. With his wealth and good looks, no girl in her right mind would turn him down in case he proposes," Maggie burst in delight as she leaned on her chair dreamily. " By the way, does he really look gorgeous in person?" she asked curiously.

" Why should I care ?" she sneered.

" You mean you were not even attracted to him? You must be sick in the head, girl,” Maggie teased. " Alright, I have to finalize th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter