oo3

To Have & To Hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi felt sudden coldness in her hands. She didn' t know why she was affected by his pronouncement that it gave her irregular heartbeat. " I am going to call our photographer for the pictorial, sir. " She rose from her seat to hide her reaction from him.

" Wait, aren' t you going to ask about my love story?" he frolicked.

" Sir, that was the last question here," she replied and took her bag.

" Oh, is that so?" He stood up and went around his table to approach Hayi.


" Now, can I be the one to ask you questions, Miss. Lee?" He pulled her arm so she could face him.

" Sir, the interview is over. Pictorial will be next." She said not looking at him.

Dean held both her arms and unleashed his suppressed anger. " Bull, Hayi! Will you please stop that crap. Why did you run away from me? Why did you hide for so long?" he asked in anger.

Hayi looked at him with animosity. " Are you going to let go of me or I will include your irascible behavior in the article?"

Dean stared at her; sizing her up, then seized with a sizzling kiss that almost choked Hayi. She was struggling from him and so she bit his lip to release her. " Ouch!" he burst. It was followed by a loud sharp slap on his face.

" Don't ever make me feel cheap again, bastard!" She grabbed her personal recorder on the table and hurried towards the door. She called for Ben. " You can start with the pictorial. I'll go ahead. I need to rush this article," she fibbed.

Dean didn't know whether it was his lip, his face or his heart which was aching. He stood there his cheek as fumbled for his hanky in his pocket to wipe his bleeding lower lip.

Hayi went to the restroom and washed . " That jerk!" She looked at the mirror and touched her lips. Memories of how it all started between them five years ago flashed back into her mind.

" Hayi, hurry! Dean is in the library. It's your chance now. Go, go, girl! " blurted Ella.

Dean was a campus figure in their college days at Seoul University. He has a swarm of admirers even in the lower years. He was in his senior year when he got to meet Hayi ---- who was a third year journalism student, while he was finishing his course in business management. He was not only blessed with physical looks, he also showed excellence in academics. Whenever he would walk along the corridor, girls were swooning around trying to catch his attention. He was just an ordinary guy who enjoyed the adulation of these girls and had a string of girlfriends in the past. But, when he reached his last year in college; he concentrated fully on his studies because he would help his dad run their business.

It was one of those times when he crossed paths with Hayi. He was with his friends when Hayi approached him. " Hi, Dean! I'm Lee Hayi and a third year journalism student. We are assigned to do an interview with one of the top notchers in the senior batch. My friend here suggested your name," she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter