o10

To Have & To Hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maggie set her eyes on Hayi who entered their office looking sullen. " Why do you have to keep it from me?" she asked when Hayi reclined on her seat..

" I'm sorry, Maggie that this had to happen before you found out, " she replied melancholically.

Maggie approached her at the table. " Would you like to talk it over?"

Hayi looked at her solemnly. " Maggie, if I can only turn back the time. I should have done it."

" Now I know why you are too hesitant to do that interview with him," Maggie said. She paused for a while sensing her feeling. " You still love him?" Hayi nodded.

" But you're committed now with someone else, is that it?"

" Maggie, I never thought I could see him again after all these years," her tear threatened to fall again. " I hate myself for being too impulsive."

“Your soon-to-be fiance is arriving next week, right? Are you still going to push through with your engagement?" she asked with concern.

Hayi remained motionless and mum with the ambivalence she was going through that time.

At that moment, Dean was leaning against the backrest of his car still gripping tightly on his palm the necklace that Hayi threw back at him. Never did he cry for any woman. He suffered the same as when he had lost her five years ago. " I know you still love me, Hayi. I know it."

The next day in the office Maggie and Hayi were chatting at the lounging area when a delivery of a bouquet of colorful tulips and a red rectangular box arrived.


" For Miss. Lee Hayi, " said the delivery man.

After signing Hayi received the deliveries. " Hey, girl. That's a very early Valentine greeting," chided Maggie.

Hayi read the card silently accompanying the flowers. " To the woman I will love forever in my life. Happy fifth anniversary on Valentine's day. I want you to have the necklace which I have kept since five years ago. I still love you and I'll always will. - Dean."

Hayi kept the card in her pocket right away. " I think you can decide for now. You've got a very thoughtful future husband," Maggie jested not knowing that the gifts were from Dean.

" Miss. Lee," called the secretary. " Telephone call for you."

Hayi went inside the office to receive the call. " Hello?"

" Hi. It's me, Dean. Please don't hang up. Did you receive the flowers?" he asked.

" Yeah,I did. Thank you, " she said sounding reluctant to speak.

" Please don't throw the necklace away. It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter