oo1

To Have & To Hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi was jittery when she pressed the button going to the tenth floor of the Quantum Building located in the metropolis. She was to interview the CEO of one of the top notch industrialists in Korea. Her hands were shaky as she d inside her tote bag to check on her recorder, pen and paper. She came with the magazine' s photographer since the interviewee requested to do it in his office.

" Maggie, why do I have to do that interview? Can you send Yuri to do the job?" Hayi complained.

Although Maggie was her superior, they were casual to each other after they had developed friendship despite their . Maggie' s best friend happened to be Hayi' s eldest cousin, Vivian. Maggie acted as her confidant being older and more experienced than her. But, she couldn't divulge to her the real, reason why she was begging off from the interview. She worked as the associate editor of a glossy magazine that features celebrities and private individuals who excel in their own fields. For the next issue ---- the whole staff were unanimous in having the young and dashing bachelor of industrial enterprise – Kwon Hyuk aka Dean.

" Hayi, my hands are full right now. I didn't expect that he would reset the interview on my daughter's graduation. I can't give it to our resident writers because our featured article for the next issue is special, in time for our anniversary. I believe you're the best person to handle this being articulate, sharp and quick-witted. Mr. Kwon Hyuk is somebody, I can't just give this issue to others. Anyway, I have prepared the questions you have to ask, in case you want to add something you are free to do so," explained Maggie.

Hayi looked blankly on the paper handed to her by Maggie. " By the way, I heard he's also sharp and feisty. But, I tell you he is really good-looking. My niece works in his company and caught a picture of him.

" Who cares about his good looks!" she thought.

"Be on time or you'll get a scolding. He's prompt when it comes to scheduled appointments," Maggie reminded her.

" Why don't you just do the interview then ? You seem to know a lot about him," Hayi retorted.


I told you I have a very important appointment with my daughter this afternoon so I have to finish my proofreading this morning," answered Maggie.

"As if I don't have work to do," she reasoned out.

" Hayi dear, whether you like it or not, I am still your superior ordering you to do the job," she uttered. " May I ask you? Why are you so vehement to do this?"


 
 

The sound of the elevator stopping on the 10th floor disconnected

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter