Citrine

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan steps out Yifan's car at the speed of lightning, not forgetting to thank the latter for driving him home — and for keeping quiet during the whole ride before he gestures for him to drive away. Once the car is out of sight, he breathes in heavily and prepares himself for the upcoming uproars.

 

Let's do this, Luhan. You can do it!

 

He calmly strides towards the big iron gate and bows to the guards slightly in acknowledgement. He takes his time walking and admires the wide landscape of the house, capturing in every single detail inside his head because maybe after this, he won't be able to step a foot inside the residence anymore. 

 

The mahogany door of the entrance comes into view with each step taken. Luhan sighs and pushes the door open, bracing himself for the questions that are about to come.

 

"Where were you, Luhan? You made everyone worried!" Luhan stoops his head low, only looking at the shole of his slipper when his dad questions him again. "Who drove you home? Where is Sehun?" his father asks, his tone gradually turning irritated at every word uttered.

 

Mrs Lu holds him by the wrist, her voice quivering, "Honey, your father's asking... please answer him."

 

Suddenly a wave of emotion hits him and his dark brown orbs start b with tears, unable to answer his father. He chokes on his sobs as the voice of his father goes an octave higher, his patience thinning every second.

 

"Luhan, I am asking you!"

 

The silence stretches, dreads and fear filling the air mixing into one and Luhan remain tight-lipped.

 

Then from afar, Luhan can see Sehun's car approaching the main gate. His eyes follow the vehicle as it dashes past the gate and gradually stopping in front of the open door. As soon as Sehun places a foot out of the car, Luhan ignores his father shouting his name and bolts upstairs, running past the living room and startling the poor maid sweeping the floor. Sehun can handle them alone, he supposes.

 

"Luhan!" 

 

"Father, please don't. Luhan just got back his memories," Sehun appears, his breathing laboured.

 

Luhan stops on the head of the stairs, all sorts of stunned. His frowns at the blatant lie uttered by his husband. Has Sehun lost his mind? Why is he not telling his parents the truth? Why isn't he exposing the whole ordeal about his supposed amnesia? This isn't what Luhan planned.

 

Sehun should hate him; not side with him. This is not what Luhan wanted— it was far from what he wanted... then why? Isn't it time to stop already? He wipes the lone tear that unconsciously glides down his cheeks. When has life gotten so hard?

 

"Are you sure, Sehun?" His hears his parents ask synchronously, voice lacing with utmost shock.

 

He continues his abandoned steps and closes the door with extreme power, shutting it with a loud bang as it echoes through the spacious hallway. His legs give out and he falls down to the floor as soon as he enters the room, his energy completely drained. Leaning his head against the door, he ruffles his hair roughly and mutters endless 'stupid' to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan stays copped up in his room until his father called him down for dinner. All that time earlier, the bedroom door isn't locked, basically welcoming Sehun to disrupt his peace but Luhan hasn't seen Sehun since then. That's so much better though, Luhan thinks. It's almost impossible for Sehun to not feel the slightest betrayed by what he did. Perhaps he's already in the lovely embrace of his girlfriend, Luhan won't ever know.

 

Dinner passes by swiftly, his parents smiling so broadly as each takes the turn to put dishes into his plate, delighted that their son is now well. Luhan feels bad, of course, he had fooled them and feed them with blatant lies for months.

 

That night, all alone in the comfort of his personal space, freshly showered, he lies down on the bed and subconsciously touches the cold spot beside him. He can't help the feeling of loneliness that suddenly creeps to his heart, the realisation that he is finally all alone. It leaves a bitter taste in his mouth, but Luhan shakes his head and stops himself from further thoughts. 

 

He turns to his side and rummages through the drawer, fishing out a blood red velvet box. Opening it slowly, his dainty fingers rub the expensive Bucheron ring softly, simply admiring the jewellery. It won't be long before he can place the ring deep inside the drawer. 

 

He laughs to himself, gradually getting louder as he shakes his head in disbelief. Am I stupid or too kind?

 

He basically offered his legal spouse to Miyoung on a silver platter.

 

He leaves his bed and goes into the walk-in-wardrobe, coming out later with a medium-sized box. Carefully placing it onto the coffee table, he gives it a hard stare before deciding to open it with a long sigh.

 

The purple scarf is perfectly folded inside the box. He runs his fingers on the fabric, actually proud of himself as it turns out well and for finishing it on time. Sehun's birthday is coming in five days and his being a week after. There should at least be a good memory of them both.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan wakes up from the heavy pounding on his bedroom door. His head feels like it weighs tons, having slept pretty late last night as he had trouble falling asleep. With heavy steps, he unlocks the door and his mother's face immediately comes into view. 

 

She looks at him with a disapproving stare. "Did you sleep late last night?" she asks, her motherly instinct kicking in as she straight away traces the dark circle under her son's eyes, no longer looking mad. "Go and make yourself look presentable, okay? Your in-laws are downstairs with Sehun."

 

"Mom and dad?!" Luhan waves his mother off and scurries to the bathroom, running out from the bathroom to retrieve his towel before disappearing behind the door again. Mrs Lu only shakes her head at her son's behaviour and turns around to leave.

 

In the middle of drying his hair, fear suddenly runs through his vein, his mind beginning to overthink. What if Sehun is here to reveal his secret to everyone? He abandons the thought at the back of his mind, not wanting to waste time and let his in-laws wait for him any longer.

 

He trudges down the stairs and everyone in the living room whips their heads, their eyes watching his every move. Mrs Oh reacts first when she gets up from the sofa and pulls Luhan into her embrace, muttering 'thank god' as she kisses him on the cheek.

 

Luhan tries to conceal his shock and smiles to the elder, albeit awkwardly. Okay, it seems like Sehun didn't tell his parents about his lies... but why? From the corner of his eyes, he can see Sehun sitting next to his father, staring at him, unblinking— the latter has been doing so since he stepped a foot into the room. He stands still, jittery is his spot, his eyes glancing everywhere but Sehun.

 

"I'm planning to make a small party to celebrate Luhan for recovering well. I think this weekend sounds good, doesn't it?" 

 

Hearing that, Luhan keeps his head down, guilty for deceiving them but what can he do? It's not like he can take any step back and Mr Lu will probably skin him alive for that.

 

"Ah... it seems like we have to postpone the trip again, Sora," Mr Oh mutters to his wife faintly. 

 

Though Mr Lu catches what he said earlier, he's always been a good hearer. "Oh, what trip are you talking about, Haejin?"

 

"We planned a trip to Jeju Island before but it was cancelled a few times already since Luhan wasn't in his best condition. So, we just took the initiative to go nearer – Busan – to be exact and it's this weekend. But there's nothing to worry, the trip can be re-planned as we tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter