Rose

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/s [CONTENTID1]Chapter 18[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]My biggest mistake wasn't me falling for you. it was thinking you had fallen for me too. [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] Luhan placed the cleaning supplies back on the table and headed to his room when he heard his phone ring. He furrowed his eyebrows down at the unknown number calling him.

 

"Hello?" 

 

"Hello. I'm Doctor Wu Yifan. My staff told me that I should call as soon as possible. What's the matter?"

 

"Oh... Doctor Wu. I'm sorry for disturbing you but... do you still remember me? Luhan?"

 

"Luhan?!" The voice on the other end shrieked.

 

"Yes, Luhan. I used to go to your basketball practices back in high school. I'm Sehun's friend." 

 

"Oh, I see... Luhan, I can't believe it's you. It's been so long."

 

Luhan sighed quietly, feeling happy that Yifan had returned his call and actually remembered him. "How are you, doctor?"

 

"I'm still as fine as ever. Please don't call me 'doctor', Kris sounds way better... but seriously, where have you been? I haven't seen you in ages. Is there any reason you called? Something I can help you with?" Kris asked giddily, his voice filled with excitement.

 

Honestly, it felt nice that Kris seemed so happy to talk to him. He wasn't sure if he could deal with another awkward encounter -- Sehun was enough of a headache to deal with.

 

"Can I meet you...? I mean, can we meet somewhere? Maybe at your clinic? I'll tell you the whole story then."

 

"Sure, come whenever you want to... I'll be there."

 

"How about lunch? I can be there in a few hours." Luhan asked.

 

"Sure! Just come over, Luhan-ah." Kris said, sounding thrilled at the thought of Luhan visiting. Despite being weirded out by his awfully cheerful tone, Luhan brushed it off, thinking that Kris was just excited about reuniting with an old friend.

 

"Thank you! I'll see you later." Luhan grinned down at the phone when he hung up. He tracked down Kris, which meant his plan was closer to success.

 

It would only take a little bit more for Sehun to reach his happiness. Luhan was sure that everything would fall into place soon. Sehun will return to the love of his life and Luhan would willingly let that happen. It wasn't because Luhan was a kind person, letting his husband reunite with an old lover. It was because Luhan knew Sehun would always be miserable, would always treat him like this until Miyoung was back in the picture.

 

Luhan heaved a sigh and sat at the edge of his bed, exhausted from cleaning the whole penthouse. They threw a small Christmas party with his parents, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. Although they only invited a few people, it was still exhausting because Luhan needed to put up with his own best friend's overly curious questions such as did you guys do it here? I'm not sitting on it. Baekhyun had wriggled his eyebrows as he pointed to the white couch in the living room, earning him a kick in the shin by the blushing Luhan.

 

Thankfully, Baekhyun didn't barge into the main bedroom, which was Sehun's. Luhan would have had to explain why his clothes weren't in Sehun's gigantic walk-in closet. His best friend had no shame and wouldn't think twice before entering the married couple's bedroom -- in the end, he did sneak in an opportunity to open the door, only because Luhan made the mistake of leaving him alone for one second.

 

His question of Hey Lu, isn't your room white? I am pretty sure it was white the last time we video-called was answered half-heartedly by the blonde. No Baek, it isn't white. You must've seen wrong. Luhan was grateful that Baekhyun was facing the room instead of him because he would surely be busted. Baekhyun could read him like an open book and he absolutely knew when Luhan was lying.

 

After dinner, Luhan couldn't stop smiling when the doorbell rang and he received a parcel from Kai, who was currently Maldives. He didn't even tell Luhan about going out of the country but it didn't matter because he'd been kind enough to send a Christmas gift.

 

Little did he know that a certain someone, who was chatting with Chanyeol and Mr Lu, was glaring intensely as Luhan happily unwrapped the box with Baekhyun, cooing at how cute the koala plushie was.

 

 

_

 

 

Kris looked at the doe-eyed boy in disbelief when Luhan boldly told him the truth of what was going on in his marriage. It was too much to comprehend in such short notice so he often had to pause, trying to absorb the whole story. His piercing gaze made Luhan fidgeted in his seat. If it wasn't because he needed information from him, he wouldn't even dream of facing Kris again.

 

The guilt was still there...

 

The guilt of having rejected Kris back in high school. But what could he do? Sehun was the only one who claimed that special spot in his heart, even though he'd never spared him a loving glance. Was this karma? People said that karma is a . Maybe it really is... Luhan turned down Kris before and now Sehun had turned him down. Luhan now perfectly understood what Kris felt but what could he do? He really couldn't force his feelings to change.

 

"It's kinda hard for me to believe everything that you said. Like I told you earlier, the reason my friendship with Sehun ended was also because of Miyoung. It's impossible for him to accept you as his spouse that easily..." Kris murmured doubtfully.

 

Luhan sighed internally. He knew about the tension between the two ex-friends. It was all because Kris wanted to help Sehun forget Miyoung but Sehun had found it wrong to move on so fast, thinking Kris had actually been happy about their separation. Since then, Kris had distanced himself from Sehun, claiming that he had gone mad enough for not trusting his own best friend.

 

Kris said Sehun never bothered to call him since then. Luhan figured that must be the reason why he didn't see Kris at their wedding, seeing as the two boys had been joined at the hip in high school.

 

"It's up to you whether you want to trust me or not. I know that it's hard to since I'm a stranger..."

 

"That wasn't what I meant. It's just that... it's weird and unexpected that Sehun married you when he's head over heels for Miyoung."

 

"But that's also the real reason why he married me in the first place..." Luhan answered softly.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"It's complicated, Kris... I also don't know what's going on in Sehun's head. But right now, it doesn't matter. The real reason I wanted to meet was to ask you a question."

 

"Go ahead."

 

"Do you know where Miyoung is right now?" Judging by the bewildered expression on Kris's face, he obviously wasn't expecting that.

 

"Why are you searching for her?" He asked with wide eyes.

 

"I have a promise to fulfil." Luhan answered shortly.

 

"Luhan-ah, you clearly know Sehun doesn't feel the same for you. Why did you accept this marriage so easily after all he's put you through?"

 

Kris's question was left unanswered. Luhan dropped his head and played with the hem of his shirt, clueless of what to say. He swore that he'd never agree to marry Sehun if he knew that Sehun still desired Miyoung. How foolish of him, this whole time, to think Sehun would ever trying to move on and accept Luhan in his life.

 

"Maybe that's my fate..."

 

 

_

 

 

Luhan never thought it would be this hard to find Miyoung. Kris said that there were various of rumours about her. Some said she married a white man and lives in New York, some said t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter