Orchid

I Told You Not To Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 15[/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]I hope you will realise how much you're hurting me one day[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] Luhan tightened his grip on the steering wheel, his mind trailing off before starting the engine. He nervously drove to the hospital, anticipating what Sehun was going to do with a bit of fear and excitement. 

 

Suddenly, he thought of something. Wouldn't my presence disturb him? But it was Sehun who told him to come, it wasn't like he volunteered to. He had to reassure himself that he was definitely not disturbing the doctor.

 

The doe-eyed boy stayed in the car waiting for Sehun to complete his task. He didn't have the guts to enter that place, heavy with the smell of medicine and chemicals. After waiting nearly half an hour, accompanied by the ballads playing on the radio, his phone rang with his ringtone blaring EXO's "Monster". The caller ID flashed across the screen and Luhan picked up without waiting a second.

 

"Luhan, you don't need to come. I don't think I can make it today." Sehun had already started with a string of excuses, not even bothering with greeting him.

 

Luhan remained quiet for a few seconds. Oh, how stupid for him to feel crestfallen. He shouldn't even feel this way --  he thought his husband called since he was already thirty mintes late but he had been kidding himself.

 

"Luhan... Hello? Luhan, do you hear me?"

 

"Yeah... yeah, I heard you," Luhan replied shortly, having no idea of how long he had dozed off.

 

"Where are you? Have you arrived?"

 

"Erm... not yet! Actually, I was just about to call you to tell you I can't come since I have an extra class. I'll be home late." He lied nonchalantly. The last thing he wanted to do was make Sehun feel guilty or show how much he was actually dreading their meeting.

 

"Oh, really? That's great! See you later, Luhan." The physician hung up before Luhan even had the chance to say goodbye.

 

A long sigh escaped his rosy lips. He felt stupid, like he was being played. Sehun made Luhan a promise and he broke it so easily. He felt awful, wasting his time waiting for Sehun. It's okay, Luhan. Think of the good things that will happen later.

 

Luhan started his car and slowly reversed it when there was a loud honk behind him, forcing him to break abruptly. His face drained of color, chest heaving in terror. His heart was close to beating right out of his chest, glancing at the side mirror to stare at the car that seemed to come from nowhere, far too close to his own. Luhan scolded himself furiously for being so reckless, for thinking of Sehun too much.

 

A guy with a green t-shirt knocked on his window.

 

"Are you okay?" The guys asked as soon as Luhan lowered his window.

 

"I'm alright. I'm so sorry, doctor, I wasn't paying attention." Luhan exhaled sharply, looking down at the doctor's name tag.

 

"Hey, aren't you Oh Sehun's spouse?" Suho, the doctor, asked with a broad smile.

 

Luhan was startled when the doctor recognised him, wondering if he ever met him before.

 

"Ah, I assume you don't recognise me? I attended your wedding." Suho explained, hiding his laughter when he saw how clueless the pretty male in front of him looked. 

 

"Oh... sorry. I didn't recognise you, doctor." Luhan apologised again. How would he remember Suho when so many of Sehun's colleagues had attended?

 

"It's fine. So, you're here to meet your husband...?"

 

The question caught him off guard -- what should he answer?! He helplessly scratched the back of his neck, sporting a faint smile of relief when there was a sudden honk behind the physician's car.

 

"I have to go! It was nice meeting you, Luhan-ssi. It's true after all, you're much prettier up close. See you later!" The compliment made Luhan's cheeks burn, a tint of crimson adorning his pale face.

 


 

Luhan was left wandering in the streets of Seoul with no idea where his next destination would be. He surely couldn't go home because he'd told Sehun that he would be home late. What if, when he got there, Sehun was already home? Wouldn't that make Sehun doubt his lie? In the end, he opted to stay at the university's parking lot.

 

Loud ringing woke him up from his nap, clearly dazed from having randomly fallen asleep. The soreness was starting to spread in his neck from the awkward position he'd been in. He searched for his phone clumsily, swiping the screen straight away without looking at the caller ID. His mind was groggy and he was sleepy but when the stern voice of Sehun greeted him, he sprang up wide awake.

 

"Luhan, where are you?"

 

"... I'm still at the university." Luhan timidly answered, scared for no reason.

 

"Do you know what time it is right now?" Luhan dropped his gaze onto the dashboard, jaw dropping when he saw it was 11 at night. He didn't know that he fell asleep for that long -- it'd felt like a 5-minute nap.

 

"I fell asleep..." Luhan finally gave in, ashamed.

 

"Come home faster. I haven't eaten yet!" Sehun said, hanging up right after.

 

 

_

 

 

Sehun was sitting comfortably on the sofa, focused on the basketball match playing on the big screen TV. He briefly looked to the right to acknowledge Luhan's presence before focusing on the TV again.

 

"Have you eaten, Sehun-ah?" Luhan walked to the sofa, praying hard for Sehun to say yes.

 

"No."

 

Luhan weakly looked down, feeling guilty. Because of his lateness, Sehun had been starving.

 

"What do you want to eat? I'll cook right now." Luhan offered, putting in all of his effort to force a smile.

 

"Aren't you tired?" Only now did Sehun lock his gaze on Luhan's worn out face.

 

"No matter how tired I am, I'm gonna make sure that you're being fed. You're a doctor, Sehun. If the doctor falls sick, who's going to treat the patients... hm?" Luhan gave Sehun another restless smile, rising from the sofa to make his way to the kitchen.

 

"Luhan." Before he was able to flee, Sehun grabbed his arms, locking him in a stare that was hard for Luhan to interpret.

 

"Why didn't you tell me the truth?" Sehun whispered under his breath but Luhan was still able to hear it, despite his pounding heartbeat.

 

"Truth? What are you talking about?" Luhan asked, eyebrows furrowed.

 

"Why didn't you tell me that you came this evening to meet me? Why do you always try to make me feel at ease?"

 

Luhan kept his head down again. What could he do? His secret was blown. It must have been that guy, Suho or something, that told Sehun.

 

"You are always sacrificing your feelings to make me smile... why?" Sehun kept asking, pushing him for the truth when Luhan was clueless on how to answer.

 

"Why do you keep on making me happy when I've never cared about your feelings?" 

 

Luhan still insisted on keeping his mouth shut, too scared to look up. He feared that he'd no longer be able to hold his tears back in front of his husband and look weak. He didn't want Sehun's sympathy.

 

"You're the one whose causing this problem so please answer my questions. I'm not letting go of you until I get my answer."

 

The words gradually succeeded in making Luhan look up. He was too weak to see his hands in Sehun's grip, fearing that the love he felt for Sehun would keep on blooming. In the end, he decided to answer.

 

"I did it because I didn't want to disturb you... Didn't I promise to give you your own space? Haven't you reminded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter