her past

what in the world where love comes from?????

Chapter 7

When he comes to her house, he does not see any light turns on from the outside. He thinks that she might not be at home, or she just goes to sleep early. He just comes inside and checks.

Suddenly, an empty can flying toward him. Then, another can hit his leg.

“ hahahhahahhahahhahah”

The soft and crazy laugh comes from a shadow at the table in the center of living room. 

Kris remembers his first time reunited with her few years back.

 It was a best day of his life after he knew that he would become one singer in a boy group. He was so happy that he came with his friend to a bar to celebrate the event. He was little drunk when he left the bar.

At the door, there was a clumsy, short and chubby waitress bumped into him. She had some glass of beer with her, so he was covered with that sticky and smelly liquid. She hurried to help to clean his shirt and said “ sorry, sir” repeatedly. He just wanted to get away, so he pushed her aside and left.

The manager was very angry, so he scorned her loudly,

“what have you done, Yuri ? You try to ruin my business. Do you know who that man is? I was so kind to let an ugly  and chubby like you to work here. You have better to know your place. Get to the back. I have enough of you.”

Kris was surprised to hear a similar name. It was his childhood name. That girl was also felt familiar to him. Was she his friend? Kris walked his friends until they got in the taxi. Then, he came back to look for her. The waiter said to him,

“ that girl was just got fired. The manager really hated her and wanted to get rid of her for long time, so he can let his friend to work here. She is at the back door now, I think. If you want, I can check for you.”

Kris wanted to check for himself, so he thanked the waiter and walked back to the back door. When he came closer, an empty glass bottle flying toward him and hit his foot. He jumped around for few time because it was really painful. The person who was sitting close to the back door did not response to him at all.

He called softly when he came closer,

“ Yuri, is it you? Do you remember your childhood friend, Kris. We met at the hospital many times.”

Yuri put her head up to see him. She said with drunken voice,       

“ Yeah, I remember Kris. He was such a crybaby kid. He was also spoiled so much that he complaint like madness. Hahahha, but I do not know you.”

kris was happy that she was certainly his friend. He asked with worried voice, “ how many bottle has you have? You are completely drunk.”

She answered while tried to count with her fingers, “ I has about haft the case I thought. You think I am drunk. There is no way that Yuri can get drunk.”

Kris pulled her up and tried to carry her.  

He asked. “ Where is your house? I will take you home.”

She passed out, so he had to ask the bar for her address. He carried her house, but her house was up hill in some poor neighborhood, so he had to carry him with piggy back ride style half way to her house. She was sure heavy that he thought about just left her there and ran.

When they got to her house which was actually a tiny room really much empty except for rice cooker and some cooking tools and her clothes scattered around, he pulled out her futon and let her sleep in. Looking at house, Kris pitied her condition too much. He decided to let her live in the house that he just bought.

When he came back to see her the next morning, she got a high fever. He knew that it will be better for her to leave this tiny filthy place. Then, he had to carry her to her new house. It was a lot of work  because he also had to moved her stuffs with her. He cared for her for a while until she woke up. She was surprised that she was in the new place.

After she listened to Kris’s explanation, she took off with her stuff immediately. He tried to stop her with nice words, kind word, then violent words. Finally, he had to tie her to the new bed which was supposed to be his. She  was sick, so she could not fight any more. Later, she said,

“ I will stay here until I get better. Then I leave.”

He disagreed with her, so he said,

“you can stay here as long as you want. It is my house, but I will not use it. You do not have to worry about anything, just stay here.”

She said when her teeth stayed together,

“ so you are so rich that you can throw away your house for  a poor person like me. I do not need to take your pity. Hahha. What kind of friend is trying to insult their friend with money. If you have that much money, give it to the charity. I do not need you stupid money at all.”

He was just angry to her statement and said,

“ you think my hard earned money is that stupid. I do not care. You have to stay here. I will make you to pay back for all the work that I had to do for you some day. Therefore, you have to stay here and be ready for me to tell me what you can pay me.”

She said with smirking face, “ now you try to threaten me. Then fine, I stay here to live off you until you chase me away. So be ready to spend your hard earned money on me for no good reasons.”

She laughed loudly like mad, “ hahhahahhahhah”

When he decided to go home, she said with serious face,

“ thank you for what you had done for me. I will stay here. Then, I hope that you will not come here at all because I do not want other to know that you have such horrible friend like me. I will work hard to pay for the rent. Thank.”

He said nothing because he did not fight with her any more. Then, he just came here few times per year to see his friend. He refused to take her money for the rent every time he came. That makes Yuri really mad, but nothing she can do.  She continues to live here as she said until he chases her away.