his visit

what in the world where love comes from?????

 

It is not easy to get a day off for a famous actor like Kris. Today, he wears his old fashion style jacket. He even carefully puts on his pepper-salt wig. He also does not forget to put on his old style glasses. He is looking at himself in the mirror. He guesses that he was about 50 years old now. As an actor, he sure knows how to act like a middle age men. He put on his worn out old hat, and he is ready to go and meet his childhood friend.

The friend is a young 24 years old girl who is a freeloader at his house which he bought to gain freedom when he was young and less famous.

The house is a one room apartment near the city. He wonders many times why this house is really much empty even his friend has been lived here for five years. She did not buy many types of furniture; there are a table for eating, a TV which he bought for her few years ago, does not get many chance to be turn on, a refrigerator, and some kitchen tools as well as some dishes and bowls.

He has his own key to get in the house. Even his friend does not want him to visit her, she never changes the key knob, so he can come to the house any time he wants.

 It is kind of weird for him to get to come to his own house for only three to four times per year when he made a deal with her. She is always angry and frustrated when he comes to her house. His presence seems to irritate her sense, so his visit is not pleasant at all. When he left the house, she always said that she did not want to see him again. Her cold treatment pissed him off every time, but he is still coming back to see her for unknown reason to him as well.

One day, she asked him to make a promise to come to see her few times per year or she leaves this house forever, and he would never see her again. It was fun to think about it. There are many people hope to get a glim at him because of his y appearance, how could a girl like her who dared to deny his presence in her life as much as possible? He did ask himself some time, but he never gets to the conclusion.

Seating in the empty house, Kris thinks that he has to wait for her until really late night today again. She is never at home earlier than nine o’clock at night. Every time he comes to visit, he has to wait for her for many hours. He can come late, but he is afraid if he does something else, he will never be able to get to her house at all.

Besides, he is at ease when he is at her place because no one can bother him here. He does think about come here to escape and relax here when he is busy with work, but it is impossible because she will get mad just to see him.

The door opens. The girl is coming to her house with a sad grin in her face. He coldly asks,

“Why do you here, again? Why didn’t you call me earlier? Don’t you think that I have my own thing to do? “

She shakes her head unbelievable that she would see Kris here. The girl face is tired, and she walks in the house like a jellyfish floating in the ocean. He pities her some time because she always has to work every late even she does not have to pay any bill related to the house such as gas or electric bill. She still works very hard to earn money for no reason.

 Kris says,

“I come here because it is your birthday, so as your friend I can at least celebrate it with you. I will stay here for a while, so you do not have to say anything to get me out early today.”

She is surprised about his statement. She might have forgotten about her birthday. She says,

“why bother about something stupid and meaningless like that?  Who would celebrate a day when a person was born in this horrible and terrible world? Would you celebrate a day that you become an outcast of the society? You can go home now, I do not want to celebrate something that stupid. I will celebrate the date that I die because I escape this life. Hahahaha, if I die, how can I celebrate it at all.”

Min Hoo says, “ You do not have to say something like that. Even you do not want to celebrate it, I still stay here and eat some seaweed soup and birthday cake.”

The girl laughs out loud about the cake and seaweed soup because she did not buy such things for today at all. Kris understands her and gets the cake and the soup that he put in earlier. She says nothing when she sees that. However, she remembers about something, and she picks up the phone and says,

“Hello, this is Yuri. I do not think that you can come today because I have a friend that I need to see. Oh, you know that today is my birthday. Thank you. Can you tell your grandma that I am sorry about today? I will see you tomorrow. Thank again.”

She looks at him with her fuming eyes, and says, “ you make me lose my chance to have some great food today. He will cook something for me and now I have to end up with your stupid soup and cake without any meat.”

He does not care about her complaint and asks,

“ who is that man you are talking about? I can not believe that you let some men get to this house and you make me to come here few days per year. How dare you treat me like that? How dare you let other men in your house?”

She is angry with his questions too,

“ I can let anyone come over when I want to. Here is the money that I want to buy this house from you. Why don’t you just sell it back for me, and never come here again?’

She gives her bank books for him. She always does that when she wants to get rid of him. She told him many times that she wanted to buy this house, and she paid by payment for him. She has quite a lot of money in the account because she does not have to pay for the rent and all that. Kris does not want to make the situation worse, so he just stays quiet. She calms down, and she looks at all the cake and the soup that he brought. There is some emotion stir in her heart.

She asks him, “ Do you want to have dinner now? Wait few minutes; I will try to make something to eat. I have to tell you that I do not have any food in my house now because I expect to get some meat today. We will not have a feast at all, but I will do my best.”

She gets to the kitchen and begins to cook.

This is a frightening moment for Kris. He knows that her food is not taste good at all, or it is very bad. Sometime ago, he tried her food when he came to visit because he was very hungry. Her food is as bad as it looked. The taste was weird and difficult to swallow. How could she eat such thing is what make him wonder every time he came to this house. She does not have any skill with her cooking, and he tried to tell her about that, but she has never asked him to for dinner, so he did not have a chance to talk about the issue.

It might hurt her feeling if he says that the food is not good. He tries to practice a fake smile now.  Then, if he has to eat her food, he will be able to give some good comments. He is actor any way, and acting is his job. Therefore, he prepares himself for the battle with her bad taste food. To his surprise, the food is smell good when she comes with two dishes of fried rice. She also heat up the soup and puts it on the table. She also have some kim chi. She says with low tone,

“ Sorry, I only have one egg with me, so I tried to make some fried rice. The egg will be shared equally this way. The grandma, my neighbor, always makes sure that I have some Kim Chi, so that all I have.”

They both eat quietly without a word to each other. Kris is surprised that his friend’s cooking is much better. The taste is not normal, but it taste much better. He likes this taste compared to the restaurant’s fried rice dish. When he finish, he even asks for a second serving. The girl says sorry because she made only enough for one serving for each. They also eat the cake in this quiet mood. Kris brings up the cooking issues and asks,

“ your food is delicious today. Did you try any cooking lesson?’

“ yeah, I just attended some cooking class with the neighbor’s grandson. He is the man who would come to my house today. He is great chef and teacher. When the grandma got sick, no one took care of her. I had to help her, so I tried to make rice porridge. Then, the grandson came to visit his grandma. It is the smell that was so weird that he tried to taste it. He said that his grandma could not eat my porridge because it might make her to throw up. Then, he showed me how to fix my porridge. You can see the difference of the taste right away. Then, he told me that I should try his cooking lesson. If I do well, he will let me to be his chef assistant at his three stars restaurant. That is the reason that I tried the cooking lesson. “

Kris is surprised that his friend has changed at bit. She used to disbelieve in anyone. Now she seems to be able to trust others. The girl looks at the time and asks him to go home. He is reluctant to leave at the moment. Then, she takes out the bank account again. He asks,

“ My presence here is that difficult for you. I am just a great friend who comes to see you sometime. I do not see any trouble at all. Why you just make thing become complicate and uncomfortable for us both?”

She says with her eyes closed,

“ I do not want to see you at all. Why you must come here? You just come and insult me or pity me for my horrible life. Why me? I do not want to get your pity. Just sell me the house and never come back. Then you make a favor for us both.”

Kris gets angry because she does not see his good intention toward her. All she can see is that he just tried to insult her. He stands up and leaves the house because he does not want to talk to her anymore. She talks behind his back,

“ Do not come here when you do not has anything to do with me. It trouble me a lot. Thank you for celebrating my birth day, it will be great if you do not come here anymore this year. This will be great present for me. If you can not come here at all, and just send me the bill for my rent. It will be much better.”

Kris glares at her with the intention to hit her for her ignorance toward his kindness.  Every time he comes to her house. He leaves with irritated feelings.