Eight

Babysitter Blues

“Aww, that puppy is so adorable!” Jonghyun squealed while his daughter practically glued herself to the glass door to look at the puppy. Onew smiled at the sight of the father and daughter pair being so excited over a puppy.

Jonghyun turned to the older, pouting.

“Should we get a puppy?”

Onew folded his arms across his chest. “Why are you asking me? It’s your apartment he or she is going to live in.”

“But you are a part of the family too, so you have a say as well.”

Hana grabbed hold of Onew’s hand, swaying it lightly; “Daddy, can we please have a puppy? Please?”

The older caressed Hana’s cheek gently, “Of course you can sweetie, daddy Jonghyun would probably hate me if I said no.”

“Yes! Come on Hana, let’s go pick a puppy!” The excited Jonghyun carried Hana in his arms, rushing into the pet store with Onew following behind them.

Truth is, Onew was not terribly fond of pets. He had a puppy when he was a kid, and it didn’t end well since he accidentally dropped the puppy causing it to be badly injured. But for Jonghyun and Hana, Onew decided that it was time to overcome this fear of his.

“Hyung, which puppy do you think is cute?” The younger asked even though his eyes was glued to a certain puppy.

Onew chuckled at his boyfriend, “Ya, you have been focusing on that puppy more than me and you’re asking me to choose?” He joked.

Jonghyun laid his head on Onew’s shoulder, “Hyung, don’t be jealous. I will always love you.”

Their ‘lovey dovey’ conversation was interrupted by Hana who tugged at Onew’s sleeve to get their attention.

“Daddies, can we have this puppy?” She pointed at a cute brown poodle.

Jonghyun patted his daughter’s head lightly, “Sure we can Hana-yah, you made an excellent choice.”

 

 

Onew is in deep trouble, or so he thought.

After sending both Jonghyun and Hana to SM and the day care, he was now stuck with the poodle they bought a week ago. Hana decided to name it after her favorite food, Kimbap. So now he was stuck in this confined space with Kimbap for the next few hours. He stared at their new pet, who was just lying on the floor next to the kitchen looking like a carpet. Onew sighed, taking a seat next to Kimbap; slowly and gently patting his head.

“Kimbap-ah, it’s just you and me today. What do you suggest we do?” He absentmindedly asked their pet. The poodle actually barked back which Onew assumed was a reply.

“Yeah, we should take a nap. You read my mind, Kimbap-ah.”

The cute poodle barked again, this time Onew’s cheek.

“I guess this isn’t so bad after all,” Onew said to himself as he lied down on the couch with Kimbap lying on top of him before curling onto his chest.

 

“We’re home!” Jonghyun announced as soon as he stepped inside the apartment with his daughter in tow. He was eager to hear a response from his boyfriend but there was no reply.

“Hyung?” He entered the living room, only to realise that the older had fallen asleep on the couch; as usual with his mop of blonde hair visible from a distance.

“Daddy Jonghyun, look! Kimbap is taking a nap with daddy Onew!” Hana pointed out.

Jonghyun smiled at the sight of his boyfriend and their puppy, this was what he looked forward to at the end of the day; having someone he loved waiting for him back at home. Before that he had Jiyeon, and now even though she is gone; he still has that someone who loves him and his daughter. Like nothing has changed.

The older stirred a little, trying to change positions until he realised that Kimbap was still lying on his chest; and that Jonghyun and Hana were both looking at them sleeping.

“Wow, I can’t believe that Kimbap would actually stay quiet in the exact same spot for so long,” Jonghyun said before kissing his boyfriend on the cheek.

Hana carried Kimbap from Onew, who sat up on the couch; rubbing his eyes to keep himself awake.

You’re home,” Onew smiled, eyes crinkling in the process.

“We’re home,” Jonghyun corrected the older, giving him a peck on the lips.

Onew stood up, almost stumbling into his boyfriend who laughed at the actions of the older; “I guess we have to eat out tonight, I had a really long nap.”

“Okay hyung, you have to buy us dinner as the punishment for not preparing dinner when Hana and I are starving.”

Onew widened his eyes, “When did we even have that rule?”

“Like starting from now on,” Jonghyun joked, holding onto the older as he pulled him into the bedroom for a change of clothes.

“Hana, what are you feeling like having tonight?” Jonghyun asked, rummaging the closet for his boyfriend’s clothes.

Hana ran into the room with Kimbap following after her, “I want pizza!!”

Onew smiled, “Alright, pizza it is.”

 

Sorry for not updating in a while.  I hope to finish this soon and start a new fic :)