Four

Babysitter Blues

Jonghyun and Hana peered outside the window, looking at the empty street below them. It was raining heavily, not a good day to go to the water park. They would have gone to the indoor swimming pool but Jonghyun’s car was sent for repairs and Onew only owned a Vespa, not an ideal transportation for rainy days.

Jonghyun was trying to cheer his daughter up, promising her that they will definitely go the next day but the fat tears streaming down her cheeks indicated that she was still very upset about it. 

Onew was somewhere in the apartment, god knows doing what when he suddenly appeared in the living room with paint supplies.

Hana stopped crying, Jonghyun wiped her tears away with his thumb; both curious as to what Onew is doing.

“Hyung, what’s all that for?” The younger led Hana to sit on the couch.

Onew laid down sheets of paper on the floor, “I thought since it’s raining, we could do something else! Don’t let the rain dampen our moods, right?”

“So we’re painting?”

Hana seemed to be interested as she started going through the various paintbrushes lying on the coffee table.

“Daddy, I wanna paint.”

Jonghyun answered his daughter with a smile, “Of course Hana, you can paint.”

“You’re so cleaning up if she makes a mess.” The younger whispered in his boyfriend’s ear.

Onew smirked, “You are so not going to get any kisses if you don’t help me out later.”

The younger groaned in defeat, looking at Hana who started opening the paint bottles; “Whatever you say hyung, your call.”

Jonghyun turned to his daughter, who had already splattered random colours on the paper with the paint brush.

“What are you painting Hana-yah?”

“Fireworks!”

He ruffled his daughter’s hair, “It’s beautiful, baby girl.”

Jonghyun noticed that his boyfriend was also in his own world, frowning as he was deep in thought.

“What are you thinking of?” The younger hugged Onew from behind.

“Just wondering what should I paint.”

Jonghyun then planted a kiss on his boyfriend’s cheek, “You look hot when you’re thinking.”

“I knew that a long time ago.”

The younger was about to come up with a sarcastic reply when his eyes focused on the bottles of paint beside Onew, a thought came across his mind.

He quietly took a blue bottle of paint, dipping his thumb in without hesitation. Waiting for the perfect moment, he smeared the paint on his boyfriend’s cheek when he wasn’t looking.

“Ya, what did you just do?” Onew shrieked, trying to rub off the paint.

Jonghyun gave a satisfied smirk, “That was fun.”

A cheeky smile spread across Onew’s face as he dipped his finger into the red paint, “You better not run!!”

Jonghyun laughed, running around in circles with Onew chasing after him. He soon admitted defeat when the older grabbed him by the waist, smearing the red paint on his cheek.

“Revenge is sweet.”

 

 

The happy family strolled the street hand in hand with Hana right in the middle, Jonghyun on the left and Onew on the right.

“Daddies, I wanna eat spaghetti; can I please?” Hana pouted.

“That’s sounds great.” Onew smiled at the young girl.

Jonghyun grinned, gazing at the two people he loved the most. “Then let’s have spaghetti for dinner.”

“Oh, Kyuhyun hyung!” Onew called out to the familiar figure approaching them. Jonghyun was so not expecting him to appear out of the blue. During their ‘family night’ of all nights.

“Onew yah, what are you doing here?” They both hugged each other to Jonghyun’s annoyance.

“I am going to have dinner with Jonghyun and his daughter, Hana. I am sure you know Jonghyun, you work in the same company.”

Kyuhyun then noticed Jonghyun (who was openly glaring at him) and Hana who waved at him cutely.

“Hey Jonghyun and Hana, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Onew crouched down to Hana’s level, “Say hi to uncle Kyuhyun, Hana-yah.”

Hana did as she was told, bowing politely which elicited a warm smile from Kyuhyun.

“Aigoo, she is adorable isn’t she? Jonghyun really raised her well.”

The younger man groaned inwardly, wondering when on earth they will be able to have dinner.

“Why don’t you join us hyung, you haven’t eaten yet; right? We were planning on having spaghetti.”

Jonghyun’s jaw dropped, he wasn’t expecting his boyfriend to invite someone to have dinner with them; either.

“If you guys don’t mind.” Kyuhyun looked at the younger, waiting for his reply.

He was about to say no when he noticed his boyfriend’s eyes all focused on him. The look that said, “You better say yes, or else.”

Jonghyun knew that Onew was not going to take no for an answer, he was already in deep for escaping when they had to clean up after the mess they made during painting time.

“It’s cool with me.”

“Great, let’s go. Come on Hana, uncle Kyuhyun will be having dinner with us.” Onew smiled, holding onto Hana’s hand as they walked down the street with a sulky Jonghyun following right behind them.

 

 

“I can see that someone is jealous.” Onew teased his boyfriend after putting Hana to sleep, laying his head on Jonghyun’s lap on the couch.

Jonghyun did not say a word, instead focusing on looking anywhere other than his boyfriend.

Onew extended his arm, pulling the younger down for a kiss in which he obliged. They separated a few minutes later, breathless.

“You don’t know how much I love you, Kim Jonghyun.”

“Maybe I do.”

Onew smirked, “No you don’t. Anyway, Kyuhyun hyung is my best friend, we have been through thick and thin together so we are like sworn brothers. Nothing to worry about, okay?”

The older was about to get up from the couch when Jonghyun pressed him back down, leaving Onew still lying on his lap.

“What are you doing? I have to go home.”

Jonghyun met his boyfriend’s gaze, heart thumping like crazy; “I wanna show you how much I love you.”

He closed the gap between them, locking his lips with the older as they kissed with passion; expressing their love for each other.

“I think we should head to your room.” Onew said as he pulled away, gasping for air.

Jonghyun grinned as his boyfriend sat up, hair dishevelled and lips swollen from their make out session earlier.

“You know what, that sounds like a great idea. My room is sound proof for your information.”

Onew turned to his boyfriend, “You’re not kidding are you.”

“Nope.”