Two

Babysitter Blues

“You seem to be hanging out with my cousin quite often.” Taemin smirked.

Jonghyun was still busy going through his music sheets, “Does Onew hyung seriously tell you everything?”

“Excuse me, how can I not see the pictures when you’re the one who posted it onto twitter.”

“Oh, right, I forgot about that.”

Taemin gave a satisfied grin, “See, I told you Onew hyung is a good guy.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “Yeah, you’re a hundred percent right. He is a really good friend.”

 

 

Jonghyun got off work early, since he managed to finish composing his songs on time. He was unsure why but he felt so inspired lately, maybe it was because he and Hana were now getting along well. And although he did not want to admit it, Onew was one of the reasons why he was overflowing with song ideas.

He drove home, planning on taking Hana out for dinner; and Onew too if he wasn’t busy.

Jonghyun grinned unconsciously to himself as he keyed in the security code to his apartment, entering it to find Hana all dolled up and Onew putting on his trademark leather jacket.

“Daddy!” Hana ran over to give her dad a big hug.

“You’re home early.” Onew said with his arms folded.

“Are you guys going somewhere?” Jonghyun carried Hana in his arms.

“Yeah, I thought of taking Hana to the aquarium since she is so interested in fishes. Since you’re back, why don’t we go together?”

Jonghyun looked at his daughter who pleaded with her eyes, “Please come with us daddy.”

“Alright Hana, let’s go!”

Hana squealed in happiness which caused both Jonghyun and Onew to laugh at her cuteness.

“Are you excited Hana?” Onew asked, holding her hand.

“Of course!”

“Then let’s go go go!”

 

 

“Isn’t she adorable?” Onew asked Jonghyun as the two of them followed the very excited Hana, strolling through the aquarium.

“You’re talking as if you are her dad.” Jonghyun joked.

“You should be happy to have such a cute daughter.”

“You can have kids too you know, just find a girlfriend!”

Onew’s lips suddenly stretched into a thin line, “I wish I could but… I am unfortunately not into girls.”

Jonghyun was shocked, though he pretended not to be.

“Oh, there’s nothing wrong about it. Everyone has the right to love. Besides, you can always try adopting!”

“I guess you’re right.”

“Daddy, uncle Onew! Look at the huge shark!” Hana yelled, interrupting their conversation. Jonghyun was grateful that she did, because he just couldn’t think of what to say next.

The both of them rushed to Hana’s side, Onew on the left and Jonghyun on the other; admiring the swimming fishes.

“Do you love it here, Hana-yah?” Jonghyun asked his daughter, still focused on looking at the shark.

“Yes I do, daddy. Can we come here again, with uncle Onew?”

Jonghyun and Onew both turned to look at each other, lips slowly curving into a smile.

“Of course Hana-yah, anything for you.”

Onew held Hana’s hand, “Let’s go see the penguins, I know they are your favourite!”

“But uncle Onew, you told me you love them too; right?”

Onew smiled sheepishly, “That was a secret Hana.”

Hana covered with her hand, “Oops, sorry uncle Onew.”

Jonghyun cleared his throat, “I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that, so let’s go see the penguins since its Hana’s favourite.”

“Let’s go!”

 

 

That night, Jonghyun put Hana to bed; tucking her in before planting a kiss on her cheek.

“Did you have fun today?” He asked, with Hana looking at him.

Hana nodded, hugging her doll tightly.

“Can I ask you something daddy?”

“What is it Hana-yah?”

“Is it okay if uncle Onew becomes my daddy too? Will mommy be mad at me for forgetting her?”

Jonghyun’s heart wretched at his daughter’s confession. He felt sorry for Hana, she lost her mom at such a young age; yet he just left her with his mother when she died instead of staying by her side. He was a terrible father.

He held onto Hana’s hand, giving it a kiss.

“Mommy won’t be mad at you Hana-yah. She would be very happy to know that there’s another person who loves you as much as she does. And I am sure that uncle Onew would love to be your daddy, alright? Don’t worry and sleep tight, my baby.”

“Promise?” Hana held out her pinky.

Jonghyun smiled, entwining his pinky with hers. “I promise.”

 

 

“Yah hyung, watch where you are going!!”

Jonghyun looked up to see Key and Minho waving at him frantically. He immediately came into a halt when he realised that he had almost knocked into a pole for not concentrating on where he was going.

“What is wrong with you these days?” Key asked after rushing to his side.

“Nothing much, just thinking of the songs I have to compose.” Jonghyun lied.

He was actually coming up of a way to tell Onew about Hana, and the fact that she wanted him to be her dad as well. Jonghyun wasn’t sure how to get the message through without hinting that they… you know… should be together, like literally. He was not into guys, was he? In that moment the images of the said person flashed through his mind, the beauty of his smile imprinted in his memory. Okay, now he wasn’t so sure anymore.

“He must be thinking of my hyung.” Taemin appeared out of nowhere, smiling cheekily at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun was about to argue back when his eyes focused on the familiar figure and his striking dirty blonde hair leaning against the wall a few steps away from them but the blonde didn’t seem to notice them with his earphones on, staring at the opposite direction.

“Isn’t that Onew hyung?” Taemin pointed out.

Jonghyun nodded in confusion, what is he doing in the SM building? More importantly, how did he get in so easily?

He turned to Taemin, “Maybe he’s here to visit you?”

Taemin replied, “Maybe it’s you he wanted to see.”

Both of their questions were answered with the appearance of Kyuhyun, the youngest member of Super Junior; one of the senior groups in the company. Jonghyun didn’t know him personally, he had just worked with him for a couple of times and was amazed with his singing.

“Onew yah, you came!” Kyuhyun greeted Onew brightly, followed by a loose hug.

“Of course hyung, you begged me for so long I had to give in.”

“Yah brat, how can you tease your hyung like that?” Kyuhyun casually hung his arm on Onew’s shoulder, displaying his affection. The both of them then walked out of the building, continuing their conversation with a few laughs.

 

 

“Okay, when the heck did hyung became friends with Kyuhyun hyung? He didn’t tell me anything about it!” Taemin huffed.

Jonghyun, on the other hand; was completely out of his mind. He didn’t know what to think, he just felt as though as he was… jealous. He wasn’t supposed to have this feeling, they were just friends for god sake! And what happened to the fact that he was not into guys? Jonghyun needed some time to clear his mind. 

 

Hi guys, this might be a short story from me :) Please enjoy!! <3