Three

Babysitter Blues

Jonghyun touched the picture of Jiyeon on her grave, thinking of what he should do about his feelings for Onew. Whenever he had problems, Jiyeon was always there to comfort him. Even though she was no longer there by his side, Jonghyun believed that she would always be listening wherever she was.

“Jiyeon-ah, how are you?”

He paused for a minute, “I… think I am in love with someone.”

“I started thinking how it’s terrible for me to fall for someone else when you are and always will be the love of my life. I just felt like I betrayed you. But then I remember that time before you left us, when you told me to go ahead and love; that if I was sure of it you would forgive me. I am still not sure if I will be able to love that someone wholeheartedly, but you can rest assured that he loves Hana just as much as we do.”

Jonghyun smiled sadly, “I will visit you with him and Hana soon, okay?”

He touched her picture for the last time before leaving, knowing exactly what he should do.

 

 

Jonghyun took a deep breath as he rang the doorbell to Onew’s apartment.

The door opened, revealing a smiling Onew; “Oh Jonghyun-ah, why are you here? Come on in!”

“Uh, is it okay if we talk; somewhere else?”

Onew raised his eyebrow, “Cool, let me grab my jacket.”

They walked to the nearest park in silence, with Jonghyun figuring out how to get the words out of his mouth. This was harder than he thought it would be.

“Is everything okay Jonghyun?” Onew was the first to start the conversation as they sat on the bench under a huge tree.

Jonghyun rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly, it’s now or never.

“I have something really important to tell you.”

“Go ahead Jonghyun, I won’t bite.”

“I think I like you, which may actually escalate to me falling in love with you.”

“What?”

“Look, I know that this sounds crazy to you. But I am being a hundred percent serious, I don’t know why I feel this way. I just wanted to be honest with you instead of hiding my feelings for you.”

There was a moment of silence, with Jonghyun waiting for Onew to say something; anything really.

A minute later Onew turned to face Jonghyun, reaching out to caress his cheek slightly before planting a kiss on Jonghyun’s lips.

The kiss ended with Onew sporting a cheeky smile, “I just happened to feel the same way.”

 

-You don’t need a reason to fall in love, because it doesn’t require any explaining; it just happens naturally-

 

“You’re being weird hyung, cut it out.” Taemin nudged Jonghyun as the older framed a picture of him, Onew and Hana having fun in the park.

“You’re the one who is weird, why are you here anyways.”

Taemin scoffed, “The choreography for the new boy group is giving me a headache, so I came here to talk to you but all you care about is your new boyfriend. Fine, dump your best friend for his cousin.”

“Why don’t you have dinner with us then, you haven’t seen Onew hyung in a while; right?”

Taemin fished out his phone, “I would have to call Key and Minho just in case the both of you ignore me and act all lovey dovey and .”

“Go ahead Taem, whatever floats your boat.”

 

 

“Hey guys, sorry we’re late.” Onew entered the restaurant, carrying Hana in his arms.

Jonghyun stood up and helped his boyfriend to carry his daughter, letting her sit between him and Onew.

“Hello uncles!!” Hana greeted cheerfully as she settled into her seat.

Taemin and Key couldn’t help but to coo over Hana’s cuteness.

“The three of you seem like a family already.” Minho commented.

Jonghyun and Onew turned to look at each other, smiling shyly before looking away.

“Geez quit acting like lovesick teenagers when the both of you have a kid to take care of.” Taemin rolled his eyes.

“Just get a grip and a girlfriend Taemin.” Key refuted.

Jonghyun could sense that was going to happen if he didn’t change the subject, “So, have you thought of what to order yet?”

 

 

After dinner Jonghyun drove Onew back to his apartment, his boyfriend sitting at the back with Hana sleeping on his lap.

“What did you and Hana do today?” Jonghyun glanced at Onew through the rear-view mirror.

“Just went for a walk in the park, Hana did mention that she wanted to go swimming; I thought we should go together on Saturday.”

“That sounds great, Hana will be so happy.”

Onew smiled, brushing Hana’s bangs away from her eyes softly before slowly and carefully settling her down on the baby seat.

“We should also go on a date, just the two of us hyung.” Jonghyun suggested, stopping the car as they arrived at Onew’s apartment building.

“I will look forward to that, in the mean time you are obliged to give me a kiss.”

Jonghyun laughed at his boyfriend’s straightforward comment, turning around to peck his lips.

Onew got out of the car, smiling smugly as his boyfriend lowered the car window; “I’ll see you on Friday, Jonghyun.”

“Good luck on your web toon hyung!” Jonghyun waved good bye, with Onew doing the same while entering the apartment building.

 

 

Jonghyun looked around, making sure everything is in place as he waits for his boyfriend’s arrival. He sent Hana to his sister’s apartment a few hours ago to spend some time with the older since they have yet to go on a date together. Though this isn’t considered ‘going on a date’ cause they were only going to watch a movie and have pizza in the living room.

The doorbell rang, indicating Onew’s arrival. Jonghyun opened the door for his boyfriend to enter, then taking a seat on the couch together.

“What are we watching, Jonghyun-ah?” Onew slid his arm around the younger’s shoulder to pull him closer.

Jonghyun comfortably leaned on Onew’s shoulder, “I don’t know, I thought of just flipping random channels until there is something interesting to watch.”

Onew laughed, “Okay then, whatever you want.”

“The pizza is on the table if you didn’t notice.”

“Cool, I am starving.” Onew leaned over to grab a slice.

Jonghyun turned to look at his boyfriend devouring the pizza, “Are you always that hungry hyung?”

Onew replied with his mouth half full, “Maybe.”

“I want a taste.”

“It’s just on the table Jonghyun, don’t be a lazy bum.”

“I want a taste of your lips.” Jonghyun smirked mischievously.

Onew cringed, “You have been watching that drama have you.”

“It seemed pretty romantic, don’t you wanna try; at least once?” Jonghyun pleaded.

Onew smiled, leaning in to kiss his boyfriend deeply.

“What do I taste like?” Onew asked in between the kiss.

“Pizza.”

They separate after a minute, Onew grabbing a slice of pizza and stuffing it into Jonghyun’s mouth. “Have your own pizza now.”