Seven

Babysitter Blues

Jonghyun pried his eyes open, adjusting to the morning light seeping through the curtains. He turned to his left, admiring Onew’s sleeping state. How can his boyfriend be so adorable even when he is asleep?

“Stop staring,” Onew mumbled, pulling the sheets to his side.

Jonghyun propped up on his elbow, caressing the older’s soft cheek; “Good morning to you too hyung.”

A week of living together and Jonghyun is already used to Onew’s habits. Jonghyun learned that his boyfriend isn’t a morning person, loves to drink milk out of the carton and leaves his leather jacket lying on the couch. Even though Jonghyun disliked these small habits that Onew makes, but he just couldn’t stay mad at the older. ‘Love is to accept their flaws and embrace them’, Jonghyun thought.

“Wake up hyung, we need to take Hana to the day care centre,” the younger crawled out of bed, heading to Hana’s room to wake her up.

Onew groaned, stretching his arms in an attempt to keep himself awake. He groggily dragged himself to the bathroom, preparing to head out for the day. Onew felt less lonely after moving into Jonghyun’s place since he now has Jonghyun and Hana by his side; the mere thought of it had his lips curving into a smile.

He got out in a matter of minutes, clad in a white tee shirt and ripped jeans. The older made his way to the kitchen to make breakfast whereas Jonghyun was in charge of dressing Hana up.

“Are you two done yet,’’ Onew yelled as he cracked the eggs into the frying pan.

The father and daughter emerged into the kitchen, laughing happily. Hana took her place at the dining table with her Pororo doll in her arms. Jonghyun on the other hand proceeded to hug his boyfriend from behind, taking in the older’s scent.

“What’s for breakfast hyung?” He mumbled, nuzzling his head into the crook of Onew’s neck.

“What else can I cook besides fried eggs and bacon?”

Jonghyun chuckled, “That’s true.”

The younger then let go of his boyfriend, taking his seat beside Hana

Onew transferred the eggs onto a plate, setting it on the dining table before starting on the bacon.

“Maybe I should go for cooking lessons, what do you think Jonghyunnie?”

Jonghyun looked up from his phone, “Are you for real?”

“Why not? I have some time since Hana goes to the day care centre. Besides, you don’t want to have eggs and bacon for breakfast for the rest of your life, right?”

The younger smirked, satisfied with the fact that his boyfriend actually implied that they were going to stay together for the rest of their lives.

“Are you implying that you would be with me forever?”

Onew rolled his eyes, serving the bacon. “If I wasn’t sure about our relationship I wouldn’t be here cooking breakfast for you now would I?”

Jonghyun raised his hands up in defeat, his boyfriend can be really scary when he is mad so it was best not to provoke him further.

“Daddy, can I have toast too? I want it with strawberry jam!” Hana pouted.

Onew slumped into his chair, “Let daddy Jonghyun do it. Finish your eggs and bacon Hana-yah.”

Jonghyun immediately did as he was told, hoping not to get more trouble than he already had since that meant no kisses for the rest of the day.

 

 

“Hyungggg, let’s go on a date,” Jonghyun whined.

The two men were walking back to the apartment after sending Hana to day care. It was Jonghyun’s day off so he was hoping to spend some time with his boyfriend even though the older wanted to go back to sleep instead.

“I guess no more sleeping for me,” Onew groaned as the younger held his hand tight, dragging his boyfriend to the subway station in excitement.

They got off at a particular station after fifteen minutes, with Jonghyun leading the way as they walked on the streets of Hongdae.

“Let’s go grab some coffee hyung, the cafes here are really nice,” the younger suggested.

Onew shrugged, “Sounds good, I want cake too.”

“Hyung, didn’t you just had breakfast a while ago? How can you still eat?”

Onew stuck his tongue out, “Cake is different okay, its dessert.”

They entered a café nearby that Jonghyun chose, taking a seat at a corner after ordering their drinks and a slice of cake for the older.

A familiar song resonated throughout the café, which had Jonghyun humming the melody of it; looking at Onew who was doing the same.

“Hyung, what if we formed a boy group?” The younger asked all of a sudden.

Onew raised his eyebrow, confused; “Are you daydreaming again? You have been doing that a lot lately.”

“I am serious! We can be the main and lead vocalist, Key, Minho and Taemin can join us too! Together we will be unstoppable!”

Onew thanked the waitress that brought them their drinks and cake, taking a sip of his Ice Americano. His boyfriend is a pretty imaginative person, one out of the hundred reasons why he loves Jonghyun. He should probably write that down into a list. A hundred reasons why Onew Lee loves Kim Jonghyun.

“Then what will be the group name?”

“Shiny!” Jonghyun replied without hesitation.

Onew looked up from his cake, “You know what, never mind. You should just stick to composing.”

Jonghyun frowned at his boyfriend’s comment, sipping his drink as though as he was mad. Onew laughed at the scene before him, his boyfriend is really cute when he is upset. Yet another reason why he loves the man sitting right opposite him.

 

They roamed the streets for a while, just talking and laughing happily before going back to take Hana home from day care.

 

Reasons why Onew Lee loves Kim Jonghyun

  1. Because he is Kim Jonghyun
  2. He composes the best songs
  3. He is cute when he is mad
  4. He loves to daydream about random stuff
  5. He is a great dad

 

(It’s pretty random but, yeah)