plushes

how much longer?

Yongsun’s jaw dropped as the two of them arrived to their destination.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me, Moon Byulyi.”

 

Byulyi only laughed in return, shaking her head. “Why would I ever be kidding?”

 

Yongsun turned away from the attraction and looked at Byulyi. “I am not going into the love tunnel with you.”

 

Hearing that, Byulyi frowned and pouted a bit. “Aawww, why not? Come on, just this once!”

 

Yongsun continued to refuse, shaking her head, but her refusals only resulted in more whines from Byulyi. The taller girl even started to tug at Yongsun’s arm.

 

Yongsun’s eye twitched in disgust as Byulyi continued to whine, sighing. What could possibly go wrong, Yongsun. It’ll be fine, just go. “Fine, but I’m not going to have fun.”

 

Yongsun wrinkled her nose, turning around as she goes to line up, a very ecstatic Byulyi right behind her. The wait was a while, since there were a lot of couples in line. Out of all the people in line, it seemed as if the two of them were the only non-couple. Of course. This was a couple’s ride, after all.

 

After what seemed like an eternity’s time of waiting, they were finally able to go on the ride. Yongsun entered first, scooting over to make room for Byulyi. As soon as the other entered and took her seat, the safety instructions were quickly read and the cart started to move. Byulyi leaned back in her seat, finally having some time to relax a bit as she enjoyed the scenery before they entered the dark tunnel.

 

Byulyi kept her gaze to her left as the corners of her lips tugged into a small smile, immersed in the scenery. Unconsciously, Yongsun’s gaze fell upon Byulyi, her own lips curving into a smile as she admired the taller girl. Her eyes traced the outline of Byulyi’s side profile, taking in every detail before the darkness enveloped the two of them. Yongsun blinked a few times, her eyes widening a bit as she realized what she’d been doing this whole time. Her cheeks turned a tint of pink while they got warmer, and Yongsun thanked the darkness for keeping her blush hidden. She leaned back in her seat and took a deep breath, resulting in concern from the taller girl.

 

“Yongsun, are you okay?” Byulyi turned to face Yongsun, her eyes already used to the darkness as she made out the older girl’s outline.  

 

Yongsun nodded in reply, although she wasn’t sure if Byulyi could see, so she answered. “Yeah, I’m okay. Why do you ask?”

 

Byulyi crossed her arms over her chest, turning to face front again as she leaned back in a relaxing pose with a shrug. “Just wondering.”

 

The two of them sat in the silence until it became deafening, prompting Yongsun to speak up, laughing lightly. “For the first time in forever, Moon Byulyi is keeping shut.”

 

This elicited a chuckle from the other girl, teasingly putting her arm around Yongsun’s neck and pulling her close as she whispered into Yongsun’s ear. “Well, what should I say then?”

 

Yongsun’s eyes widened again as her blush that had died down a bit came back to a full flush of red on her face, her breathing becoming more rapid. For some reason, she decided to not fight back for once, resting her head against the taller girl’s chest. She let her eyes close and leveled her breathing, softly humming a melody. This was comforting to Yongsun, seeing as she was the one to usually do the comforting and she didn’t really have anyone to comfort her when she was feeling down. After a while, she opened her eyes again, seeing the faint light at the end of the dark tunnel. She lifted her head from Byulyi’s chest, sitting back up but not moving away from her. Honestly, this was the first time in forever that Yongsun felt so comfortable around Byulyi, considering the fact that they had drifted apart.

 

As the both of them exited the tunnel, Yongsun rubbed her eyes and blinked a few times to adjust her eyes to the brightness while Byulyi squinted and brought a hand up to shield her eyes from the light. The boat soon arrived at where they began and they waited for it to come to a complete stop before standing up and getting out of it. They exited out of the ride area and walked towards the walkways of the amusement park. Byulyi stretched out her legs and arms, turning to Yongsun.

 

“Where to next?”

 

Yongusn shrugged, “I don’t know, you’re the one that has the map.”

 

“You’re right.” Byulyi took out the map from her pocket, unfolding it and looking over it. She then handed it to Yongsun. “There’s not really anything that I want to ride now. We can play games if you want, I’m good at those.”

 

Yongsun took the map and looked over it before folding it up and handing it back. “Games sound like a good idea! Let’s go!”

 

Yongsun instinctively clung onto Byulyi’s arm, pushing her in the direction of the game booths. They walked around for a bit until Yongsun spotted an interesting game, stopping abruptly and pointing at it. “Byul! Let’s play this one!”

 

“A balloon shooting game, huh? I’m the best at this one.” Byulyi grinned, her free hand reaching for her wallet as she looked through for money.

 

She then looked at the prizes available, and seeing a big radish plush with a cute face, she immediately turned to Byulyi, pointing at the plush. “Byul, you have to win that for me!”

 

Byulyi looked up to where she was pointing, seeing the big radish, then turned to Yongsun with a raised eyebrow. “A radish? Really? I didn’t think you were that weird, but okay. I’ll win it for you.”

 

Her reply was met with a small laugh as she paid the game worker and received 3 darts in return. And of course, according to her words, she was the best at this game. She easily hit three balloons with the darts, and won the toy for Yongsun. The worker grabbed a step stool and unhooked the plush, getting back down as she handed it over to Byulyi, who handed it to Yongsun, who was waiting impatiently and excitedly for it.

 

“Here you go.”

 

Yongsun took it immediately and hugged it close before looking at Byulyi. “Thanks. I know where we’re going next.” And with a big grin, she dragged Byulyi to another game booth. This time, a ring toss game. She made the taller girl hold her plush as she quickly got out some money and exchanged it for three rings, not wanting Byulyi to pay for her.

 

“What are you doing?” The question that Yongsun was trying to avoid had appeared. “I thought I told you I’d pay for everything today. Are you even good at this?”

 

Yongsun only gave a small smile and a nervous laugh “Sorry, I felt bad.”

 

She turned to the game, effortlessly getting the rings around the bottle before turning around to see Byulyi’s jaw dropped. She grinned and puffed her chest out proudly, motioning to the prizes. “Pick whichever one you like.”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Come on, Byul. Just pick one. You won a prize for me, so I won one for you too. I’m not that self centered. Come on, pick one.”

 

Biting her lip, Byulyi’s eyes scanned the prizes, looking for one she liked. She then spotted one, a sly grin growing on her lips as she pointed to it. “I want that one.”

 

This time, it was Yongsun who had dropped her jaw, seeing as the prize that Byulyi wanted was the same exact one that Yongsun had. She should’ve never let Byulyi pick one, but the damage had been done.

 

The worker, who had been listening to them the whole time, unhooked the prize and handed it over to Yongsun, who traded it with Byulyi for hers. After getting their prizes, the two of them left and began to walk around, Yongsun her teeth.

 

“I can’t believe you, you sly fox. I did what I did because I was a nice person, and what did you do? Pick the exact same one as me, and now we look like we have couple items.”

 

“Aww, come on,” Byulyi hooked her free arm around Yongsun’s neck, “It’s not like people will think we’re a couple.”

 

Right as she said that, they passed by a young girl with her mother, the girl stopping them by tugging on Byulyi’s shirt and saying, “Your girlfriend is really pretty,” before skipping back to her mother, who slightly bowed to apologize with a small laugh.

 

Byulyi turned to a serious Yongsun. “What?”

 

“You said no one would think we were a couple, and that little girl just said that I, ‘your girlfriend,’ look pretty!”

 

“So you’re admitting you’re my girlfriend?”

 

“When did I? Why would I want to be your girlfriend? You’re missing the whole point here!”

 

“Just now, and because I’m great.”

 

Yongsun only her teeth in reply, bringing up a hand threateningly, and to her satisfaction, Byulyi stopped teasing her. But this made her wonder, “When did she start listening to me?” She thought about for a bit before shrugging it off.

 

The two of them walked around the amusement park for a while, getting food and ice cream and talking and laughing and taking pictures. Byulyi looked at her watch. 6:38 pm. It was getting late now, so Byulyi thought that maybe they should be heading home. She tugged on the older girl’s shirt, making her turn to face Byulyi.

 

“It’s getting late now, do you want to go back?”

 

Yongsun nodded and they made their way out of the amusement park and into Byulyi’s car, making their way back to Yongsun’s house. During the drive home, Yongsun had mostly kept her eyes on the scenery that passed, but as they got closer to home, Yongsun turned to Byulyi with a big smile.

 

“Thanks for today, Byulyi. I had lots of fun. It’s been some time since I’ve had time to just… Forget about everything and have fun.”

 

The fact that Yongsun had fun on the date that Byulyi took her on made Byulyi really happy, smiling widely as she glanced over at Yongsun. “Really? Well, you’re welcome. See, a little fun never killed anyone. Whenever you need some fun, you know who to call!”

 

Byulyi glanced at the other again and gave her a wink, turning back to the road as she pulled into the parking space. They both got out of the car and into the house, slipping their shoes off as they collapsed on the couches, falling asleep minutes later from the fatigue.

 

An hour or so later, Byulyi woke up, checking the time on her phone. 8:46 pm. She looked over at Yongsun before moving over to her and shaking her awake.

 

“Yongsun, you should at least sleep in your bed. If you sleep here, you’re going to have sore muscles.”

 

Yongsun woke up halfway, not knowing what was going on. “What?”

 

Byulyi chuckled, resorting to picking Yongsun up instead and carrying her to her room before laying her down on her bed. “Do you want me to sleep here? Or should I sleep on the couch?”

 

Byulyi didn’t really expect to be able to sleep in the bed with Yongsun, but she expected wrong.


“Stay here with me.”

 


sorry this took so long!!!! school's been busy, you know. all that. but here is the next chapter! How did you like it? comments? questions? this chapter is still fun, but in the coming chapters, it's going to get serious, so expect that!