acting tough

how much longer?

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Byulyi groaned, leaning against the railing of the gate.

 

The older one rolled her eyes, “Come on, it can’t be that bad. Are you that scared?”

 

The question only pulled a scoff from the taller girl. “I’m not scared. I just don’t like roller coasters.”

 

The shuffling of the roller coaster became louder, signaling that it was closer. It slowed to a stop, the gates corresponding to the seats. As the other people got out, the gates soon opened and the both of them entered, taking their seats. The safety bar came down and workers went along coaster, making sure the safety bars were secured. After that, the usual instructions began and the cars slowly began moving forward.

 

As it was ascending the slope, Byulyi turned to Yongsun,her hands gripping onto the bar, her breathing heavy and her voice shaking.

 

“Actually, I lied. I’m actually really scared of roller coasters. How I even got on this one, I don’t know.”

 

Hearing that, Yongsun turned to look back at her, giving her a smile. “Don’t worry, you’ll be okay.” Yongsun then pried Byulyi’s hand off of the bar, lacing their fingers and holding her hand tightly.

 

Byulyi gasped as their hands were now locked together, her cheeks becoming warmer. She was about to say something to the older girl, but the sudden drop cut her off with a loud scream, her eyes closing tightly.

 

After the crazy ride slowed to a stop, returning to where they began, Yongsun let out a laugh, sighing contentedly. The safety bars soon were lifted and the people on the ride stood up from the seats and exited to the other side. Getting off of the ride, Yongsun began dragging Byulyi to a cotton candy stall that she had spotted. After arriving at their destination, Byulyi slipped her hand out of Yongsun’s, biting her lip.

 

“Why am I acting like this? Shouldn’t I be happy that we’re holding hands?” A blush rose on her face and she shook her head, frowning a bit and patting her cheeks. “Aahhh! Why did I have to let go?! Didn’t I wait so long just to be able to hold hands with her?!”

 

She patted her cheeks once more, being taken out of her daze as Yongsun gently slapped her arm.

 

“Yah, Moon Byulyi. Do you want any cotton candy or no?” She tilted her head, waiting for a response.

 

It took a while before Byulyi realized what Yongsun was asking and replied. “Of course I want some! Are you going to buy me some? Or we can share one.” She winked at the older girl, grinning as she gently nudged her. Despite just blushing a few seconds earlier, Byulyi was back to being greasy and flirting with her.

 

Yongsun only wrinkled her nose and playfully pushed Byulyi away, laughing. “We could share one. I mean, that would be cheaper.” Yongsun pursed her lips in thought, then nodded, turning to the vendor and telling him their order. “We’ll just have one large cotton candy bag.”

 

Byulyi took out her wallet and handed the cash to the vendor while taking the bag of cotton candy, and beginning to walk away from the vendor after saying thank you. She opened the bag and pulled a piece off, stuffing it into and feeling it dissolve before taking another piece and handing the bag over the Yongsun, seeing the frown on her face.

 

“What? What’s with that frown?”

 

“I was going to pay for it, until you handed over your money.”

 

“Let me pay. For everything today.” Byulyi nodded as she finished her statement.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because. I asked you out on this date, so I should take care of you. And plus, I’m already staying over at your house anyways, so think of this as a way of paying you back.”

 

Yongsun wrinkled her nose as she took the bag from the taller woman, huffing. “I guess” She reached into the bag and pulled off a piece of the sugary sweet and placed it on her tongue, feeling it dissolve quickly. Her hand traveled back into the bag again as she looked around at the different attractions, then back at Byulyi.

 

“Where to next?”

 

Upon hearing her question, Byulyi looked around the amusement park with a hum, until she spotted a stand with the map of the amusement park. She quickly jogged over to grab a map, then back to Yongsun. Byulyi opened it up, her eyes scanning the paper for an interesting attraction. A grin slowly began to grow on her lips as she folded the map back to its pamphlet size, then folding it even more as she put it in her pocket. She clasped her hands together and looked at Yongsun who was steadily eating the cotton candy.


“I know where we’re going next.”


sorry this took so long!! I was busy with school, and so I didn't have much time to write. but other than that, I also finished ch9, so I'll post it up when I finish ch10. that's how I like to do things. ^^ anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and look forward to the next. but while you're waiting, if you haven't read my other stories, go read them!!