ramyun

how much longer?

“A week?!” Yongsun flinched at the sound of Wheein’s voice from the other side of the phone.

 

“Yes, Wheein.”

 

“A week. Just the two of you. In one house. Only the two of you.”

 

“I know, Wheein. What am I going to do? Isn’t it going to feel awkward?” Yongsun asked worriedly, pacing around her room.

 

She could hear Wheein and Hyejin laughing in the background. “Wheein! Stop laughing with Hyejin and help me!”

 

“Sorry Yongsun, but I don’t know how to help you.” Wheein laughed once more, “You’re going to have to find out how to deal with that.”

 

Yongsun sighed. “Fine, I’ll try to survive.” She was going to hang up, before stopping, and exclaiming at Wheein. “Wait Wheein! What do you mean just the two of us? Where are you going to be? I forgot that you were my roommate. How could I? I’ll be fine with you there, right?”

 

Before Wheein could answer, Hyejin took the phone. “Yongsun unni, since Byulyi is saying with you for a week, Wheein can stay over for a week too, right? It’ll just be like switching roommates for a week, just that our switched roommates are our girlfriends.”

 

“Byulyi is not my girlfriend!” Yongsun waited a bit before answering Hyejin’s question. She was going to say no, but she heard Wheein pleading in the background, and she was never one to reject Wheein. Who could? Wheein was too innocent and cute. “Sure, but Wheein, what are you going to do about clothes? Do you want me to drop off some clothes for you?” Yongsun furrowed her brows in worry, not knowing that Wheein was grinning on the other end.

 

“Yongsun, don’t worry. I brought some clothes with me in case. Bye Yongsun~” Wheein replied quickly, then hung up the phone.

 

Yongsun’s eyes widened, clicking her tongue. This sly girl. And I actually thought she was innocent and nice. She sighed, putting her phone away as she went back into the living room to see Byulyi laying on the couch. “Yah Byulyi.”

 

Hearing her name, Byulyi instantly sat up, her eyes on the older girl. “What’s up? Did I do something wrong?”

 

Yongsun chuckled at the reaction, shaking her head as she sat next to Byulyi. “Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?”

 

The younger one grinned and teased the other. “You.” She winked, leaning into Yongsun.

 

With a blush and a disgusted look, Yongsun pushed Byulyi’s face away. “I knew you would say that. You’re so inappropriate. I wonder why the others even like you.” She chuckled again to hide her nervousness, then got up and walked to the kitchen, shouting from there. “I’m going to make some ramyun for us.”

 

Byulyi walked over into the kitchen, leaning on the counter as she watched Yongsun. “Why do you always have to act like we’re rivals at school? I mean, everyone knows that we’re good friends. Kind of.”

 

Yongsun furrowed her brows. This was one of the topics that she dreaded. She did not want this topic to pop up at all, but here it was. She smiled, glancing at Byulyi before going to cook again. “It makes it more fun, doesn’t it, Byulyi? And even if the other kids know that we’re good friends, we’re not that good of friends, are we?”

 

Byulyi sighed. “I guess,” she shrugged, “I get what you’re saying. We did drift apart a bit.”

 

She continued to watch as Yongsun cooked the ramyun, eventually dazing off into her thoughts.  She thought about the past, how they used to be very good friends. Now, they had drifted apart a bit. Even when they were studying the same thing music. Yongsun was always good at singing, and wanted to become a singer, and as for Byulyi, she was very good at rapping. All the studying had made it so that they weren’t able to hang out, and as they continued with their education, other students branded them as rivals, and that’s when Yongsun and Byulyi started competing with each other, trying to see who would emerge as number one after exams (which Byulyi had always won). Byulyi continued on her trip through the past, until Yongsun’s voice brought her back. “Byulyi.”

 

The younger girl flinched back into reality, a small blush on her face. “Huh? What is it?”

 

“The ramyun is ready. And what’s wrong with you? I called your name a hundred times.”

 

“Sorry, my bad. I just dazed off.” She chuckled, taking her bowl of ramyun to the table and setting it there. She sat down and received the chopsticks that Yongsun handed to her, and for a brief moment, their hands brushed against each other. Byulyi and Yongsun both pulled away quickly, looking away with racing hearts.


“Th-thank you.” Byulyi stuttered out. God, Byul. You’re supposed to be the smooth one here. The one to make her heart race, and yet, you’re own heart is racing. She sighed, beginning to eat as Yongsun followed in her actions a few moments later. If she were to look up at Yongsun even once, she would see that Yongsun had a deep pink tint on her cheeks, and her hands were shaking a bit just from that small skin contact. But she didn’t, so she’d never know.


I know that all my chapters are kind of short, but I'm thankful that you guys stick around to read it. ㅠㅠ thank you for reading this. Also, what do you think of the details that I've thrown in here? Byulie and Yongsun used to be very good friends before entering college/university! I really like this idea of being rivals, but i'm not sure how to continue the friends storyline, but no worries! I'll get it! Anyways, look forward to the next chapter~