eight

Abuse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"her boyfriend?" Sooyoung looked puzzled.

 

"yes, her boyfriend." the doctor confirmed his statement.

 

of course she still has a boyfriend. ugh why am I so stupid, thinking I had fallen for her aga- 

 

His inner dialogue got cut off when he realized that the doctor had been waving his hands in front of his face, "young man, I'm gonna ask you again. Who are you?" the doctor asked again, sounded a little bit irritated.

 

That question made him to think so hard, "uhm.....I'm her hus- ahhh friend. I'm her friend." He lied because he didn't want to make this complicated for the doctor to understand about their life.

 

The doctor seemed to be unconvince, "her friend? oh thats quite interesting, I never see a friend visit a patient more than their own boyfriend."

 

"excuse me?" Sooyoung's eyesbrows furrowed in confusion.

 

"well, some nurses told me that a tall man had been visiting Ms Jessica and I assumed its you, well obviously its you, her boyfriend is quite a short fellow." The doctor chuckled a little bit.

 

Jessica's dating a midget?

 

The doctor then glanced at his watch, "Oh I need to go now," he smiled at Sooyoung before turning around and walking away. But before he stepped a foot forward, he remembered something then started rummaging in his pocket, "wait first, young man," after he finally got the thing, he nicely handed it to Sooyoung, "on the day of the accident, in the emergency room we found this in her pants pocket."

 

It was a ring, but not just any ring, it was their engagement ring. Sooyoung thought he would never see this with her.

 

Flashback to the fight where it all started

 

"I can't do this anymore!" Jessica angrily said as she paced back and forth next to the coffee table while Sooyoung just sat on the couch and watched his stressful wife complaining whenever they got their bills. 

 

Sooyoung tries to calm her, "sica, I can handle this-"

 

"handle this?!" Jessica firebacked, then she piled up the amount of bills that were laying on their coffee table, "Sooyoung, who is gonna pay this bills huh?! I'm ing sure you can't!" Then she threw them at his face. He just closed his eyes and felt the papers smacked his face. She continued pacing back and forth again while scratching her head, "you just had to up the last project and almost got fired huh." she kept reminding him about his terrible mistake which started their problem.

 

"how many times must I already say sorry." his words made her to stop her track and gazed at him. Her gaze was fiery.

 

"sorry? I don't want your ing apology, I want money now!" She growled at him. "do you not even realise where we are right now?!" her hands gestured around their now small apartment, "we didn't even eat anything today because we don't have ing money!"

 

He stood up from the couch, "I already told you that I could handle thi-" *SLAP*

 

She gave him a tight slap across his face. She didn't know what and why she did that but something inside of her felt that it was the right thing to do, he deserved that. Then they continued arguing for the whole night with him trying to assure her that he gonna get the money while she angrily doubt him. 

 

"you know what, You're the worst husband ever!" He watched her taking the ring off her finger, then his eyes got widened when he saw her threw the ring through the window. He quickly ran towards the window and looked down on the empty street, trying to find if the ring was there.

 

He was gonna turn back around to question her about her sudden action but she wasn't there anymore and was already in the bedroom.

 

End of Flashback

 

He didn't know on that night, while he was asleep, Jessica went downstairs and roamed around the streets, looking for the ring.

 

After remembering that moment, he looked up to see that the doctor wasn't in fornt of him anymore. He sadly walked away, heading towards the waiting room. Ignoring the growling sound of his empty stomach, he kept staring at the ring that was on his hand. He didn't wear his because he took it off when he started 'dating' Tiffany.

 

When he entered the waiting room, he saw that there was no one but him. He went to sit on one of the chairs and was gonna wait for Jessica's recovery.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was gonna be 8pm soon. Sooyoung just woked up from his nap. While rubbing his tired eyes, he felt a strong ache in his stomach, which mean he was seriously hungry. Looking around, still there was nobody or any nurses that would inform him about Jessica. Giving up to his stomach, he stood up and exited the waiting room, heading to the cafeteria of the hospital.

 

While walking to the cafeteria, he passed by Jessica's room. He casually glanced through the window of her room. Even though the window was covered with curtains, something caught his eyes when he saw through the gap of the curtains. 

 

There she is. She was in the room already. He didn't know what to feel, surprised, relief or mad that the nurses d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter