Chapter Six

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already night time when our plane landed in Honolulu. It hardly felt like time to be winding down, however, due to the time differences. The ride to the hotel was short, filled with Sehun still yawning and quietly checking his phone for messages and me trying to find where I had even put my phone before getting off the plane. 

"Don't bother with the seperate room," Sehun spoke up when the driver stopped in front of the hotel. Looking up from my tote bag, I raised a single eyebrow. "My mother is suffocating enough to look into our credit card records and will never leave us alone if she sees an extra room on the bill."

"Why not just pay with cas—" I started to suggest when he was already stepping out of the car and slamming the door behind him. By the time I gathered my things and followed behind him, one of the hotel employees was already out and greeting him, ready to load our bags onto a trolley. My train of thought diminished as I watched Sehun arrogantly instructing the bellhop to be careful with certain bags, a hand absently holding onto the buckle of his belt. As if his cologne wasn't enough, I could practically see the testosterone rolling off of the guy in waves. With a dramatic huff, I hunched my shoulders and left him outside for the check-in desk. 

"Reservations for Oh Sehun," I told the pretty lady. While she typed away, I tried not to openly gape in admiration at the gorgeousness of the hotel. It was hard to tell just how luxurious the place was from outside due to the night but the interior did it more than justice. Golden decorations, carved rafters, bright colored plants, guests in diamonds drinking wine in the lounge.

"You're drooling," Sehun murmured, appearing beside me.

"Oh!" the receptionist squeaked with a smile. "You two are on your honeymoon!" Sehun "mhmm'd" with a blank face, pulling out his wallet. "Well if I can just see some ID, I can direct you two to the best honeymoon suite in our place." Sehun flashed the plastic card and was handed a keycard. "Would you guys like some treats for your room?"

Almost seeming without a thought, Sehun placed a hand on my back and ushered me away from the lady, throwing a "yeah, sure" over his shoulder while she called out a congratulations. Even inside the elevator with the bellhop, Sehun didn't take his hand back and I started to fidget awkwardly, trying to figure out if he was just putting up a front for the public eye (although it lacked in number) or actually was thinking nothing of it.

It appeared to be the latter when he quickly told the bellhop to leave our bags in the doorway and go as soon as he opened our room door. I was still gawking at the absolutely beautiful ocean view from the windows when the door finally shut behind the silent employee and Sehun went knocking about in kitchenette.

"This is pretty much an apartment," I commented, turning away from the windows. "And I'm almost positive I can see Korea from this high up." Sehun didn't comment back as he uncapped a bottle of water, took a swig, and set it aside to take off his coat. "Seriously, how can you be so unphased by all this luxury? You're literally the epitome of a spoiled brat."

He scoffed at that, throwing his jacket over the back of the prestine white sofa in the middle of the living room. A glass coffee table and 2 matching armchairs were situated across from it. A flatscreen tv was mounted on the wall behind the chairs, in-wall shelves full of various statues and complimentary items. To the left of the tv was the open door to a small utility room, small and sharing a wall with the front door's short hallway. And past the kitchen were two large, curtained french doors, opening up to the grand bedroom, a king sized bed laid out in all white and fluffy linens, and an en-suite to the right.

"Don't even think about it," Sehun said suddenly, staring at me staring at the oversized bed.

"What?" I reared back my head at him. "You can't possibly—"

"You had no problem sleeping on the couch back home," he said matter-of-factly, taking another gulp of water. "You snore, too."

I gaped, eyes flickering to the very uncomfortable looking sofa to the bed and back to Sehun. "The couch back home is a couch, this is a sofa. Those are two very different things. I am not sleeping on that thing."

Sehun shrugged as if he suddenly didn't care, recapped his water, and went into the bedroom. "Then you're welcome to sleep on the floor." Before I could argue with that, he closed the doors and slid the lock into place just as I ran across the room to stop him.

"Oh Sehun!" I hollered, pounding my fist on the doors.

"You break it, you buy it," he hollered back, effectly making me drop my hand and use my words instead.

"We made a deal!"

"There was nothing in the deal about sharing the bed," he replied, now further away from the door. "Besides, do you really want to share a bed with me? I like to sleep in the ."

My first reaction was a cringe and then it dawned on me just what he'd said and a much too vivid image of him crossed my mind, causing me to pause long enough for him to decide the discussion was over and he was going to shower. I didn't even have a chance to tell him I had no plans of sharing a bed with him and that he could be the one to sleep on the sofa before the sound of the shower running reached my ears and I sighed, defeated. Maybe I would get lucky and could lock him out while he was out later on.

That didn't happen though. It appeared my lack of sleep from the night before had finally caught up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter