Chapter Four

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hadn't been to Sehun's apartment since the week before when I moved my few things in. I had promised I would let him have his last week as a bachelor but now I feared what he might've done with my things since I had left him alone with them.

Our ride home from the reception hall was silent and Sehun seemed to have adopted a newfound anger while I was changing and angrily fiddled with his phone the whole time, only pocketing it when the car stopped and we had officially arrived at our apartment. A brief flash of a husband carrying his wife over the threshold of their new home crossed my mind and I made a horrified look to myself while I followed Sehun into the elevator. He punched floor number 5 and leaned on the mirrored encloser with a sigh. Before I could try to awkwardly and redundantly start a conversation, the doors were back open on our floor and he was gone into the hall. With a sigh of my own, I folowed silently, tugging my bag along. 

I stood behind Sehun as he unlocked his—our apartment, the jacket of his tux hanging over the crook of his arm. He forcefully punched in the passcode, the muscles in his shoulders flexing underneath his white shirt, and pushed the door open. He was angry. I think he had been angry the whole day, just hiding it very well until we were safely inside the car. He obviously had been angry since the beginning but now it was a whole new level as he stomped into the apartment, me stepping in behind and shutting the door lightly. He paused only a second to kick his shoes off while I had to unknot the strappy laces on my white heels. By the time I finished and placed them neatly inside the shoe closet along with his, he was already in the kitchen with the lights on and clanking dishes together. I went towards the noise, picking up his discarded jacket as I went. 

When I arrived in the kitchen, he was already setting a glass on the counter top and uncapping a green tinted bottle.

"Didn't you have enough to drink at the reception?" I asked tentatively when he started to fill the glass.

He looked up at me with his still rosy cheeks, his blonde hair sticking up in random tufts from his handling, and scowled. "Go yourself," he snapped, downing the half full glass and dropping it to the counter. I flinched at the clank and pursed my lips tightly together to keep from lashing out. Fighting fire with fire would only make an even bigger fire. We might've been home where no one had to pretend but it still didn't make his actions any better. Getting drunk was also never the answer to anything.

"It doesn't matter how drunk you get, Sehun. I'm still going to be here when you wake up and I'll still be your wife," I said sternly, playing with the buttons on his jacket. "And the way you're acting right now is exactly why this happened. It's for your own good." And mine. Unlike the last time I had been in his apartment, I wasn't smug or deliberately trying make him angry. It had been a long day and I wasn't exactly ecstastic with my new relationship status but I was an adult and he needed to start acting like one.

A sick laughter was his reply as he refilled the glass while his free hand tugged at the bow tie on his neck, loosening it. "Don't try to pretend like you're really here for this marriage or helping my parents," he laughed, throwing the tie on the counter and bringing the glass to his lips, taking a gulp. "I read the contract just like everybody else. I know what your pathetic little family gets in return for this marriage. You're nothing but a gold digger, Park Yebin. You don't fool me."

Fair enough, I thought. I would accept the title because I wasn't going to deny I was doing this for financial benefits. If that made me a gold digger, then so be it. So I shrugged and laid his jacket over the back of the nearest kitchen chair, smoothing it down.

"I've seen every scandal you've ever had since you started way back in high school," I told him, resting my hands on the chair. "You got caught smoking a pack of cigarette's you had stolen from your grandmother. I used to idolize you just because you were hot stuff, even after that scandal. Of course, I came to my senses as time went on. I knew you were nothing but scum with money. So you can call me a gold digger all you want because it doesn't change anything. I'm still here, I'm still married to you, and I'm not going to let you ruin your family, including mine. As far as I can tell, your family is good people and if you don't get your act together, you're going to ruin them and the life they've built for you."

I could see the knuckles on his right hand turn white as he lifted the glass to finish off the soju in it, eyes not even looking at me but instead at the wall across from him. I sighed and left the kitchen before he could explode and started towards the bathroom to remove my glamour. He needed time and I respected that. I just hoped he actually did come around at some point no matter how long it too.

I stepped into the bathroom just as there was a loud clank followed by a shatter before everything returned to silence and I started removing the bobby pins from my hair, tossing them into a bowl inside the drawer under the sink. A few minutes passed and I started to remove my makeup when Sehun appeared in the doorway, white shirt ed and hanging open while he clutched the bottle of soju. He took a sip from it as he leaned on the doorframe. He watched me for several moments, looking in the mirror at my reflection while I gently pulled the fake eyelashes off. I wasn't even finished with my other eye before he disappeared with a loud smack of his lips only to return second later with his arms full of clothes.

"What are you—

He dumped them into a pile at my feet. Then he turned to leave.

"Sehun—"

"Keep your out of my way."

With an eyelash still stuck to my finger, I followed him out of the bathroom, mouth agape and ready to start a fight. Oblivious, he sauntered back towards the bedroom, taking another large gulp of soju.

"I'm just going to put them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter