Chapter Ten

Énouement (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The drive to the restaraunt was quiet and a little over half an hour. Sehun played on his phone, the volume just loud enough that I could hear game beeps over the road noise. He didn't comment or try to start a conversation, and neither did I. My mind was preoccupied with various thoughts concerning matters ranging from Sehun to the company waiting back home.

During the weeks that lead up to the wedding, my parents and I had been discussing my position in Park Bottling Company. Previously, I was just set to inherit it whenever my father retired but considering the recent path of things, it seemed more feasible to give me a working position in the company, something in the office side of things, to give our family an outlet in a place now almost enirely run by the Ohs. When the contract had been signed, most of our family shares had been signed over to my husband's family temporarily to enable them to run things accordingly, and to invest as much as they could into building it back up and making it a suitable partner-company for Opal Cosmetics. 

Now my father was being booted out of his position as CEO to allow someone of the Ohs' choice to take over and enforce their law, so to speak. My parents now wanted me to take over my mother's positon as the COO in her stead, so that at least one person in our family could remain in the company and in the middle of things.

When the car finally came to a stop, I was surprised to find it in front of a humble little restaraunt, plants surrounding it which made it seem like a friendly home instead of a dining place. It was indeed traditional, with the build of the building, it almost looked as if it was built entirely by someone stranded on a deserted island but professionally enough that it was here to stay.

The surprises continued to sprout as Sehun got out of the car without waiting for the driver and held it open for me to get out. I itched to ask him about his surf instructor, maybe feeling a little envious of her time spent watching him nearly drown in the waves, but kept my lips sealed as he led me inside the beautiful place, one hand ever so slightly grazing my lower back. This gesture of his was going to either drive me insane or to be my death.

"Table for two," Sehun told the casually dressed lady who greeted us at the door. She wore a red flower-printed dress, something that captured more attention than anything else on her, but brightened the laugh lines around her eyes and accented the kind smile on her mildly-aged face. 

Once seated at our table, the lady took our drink orders and vanished into the depths of the quiet building. I expected Sehun to retreat into his cellphone like any other moment but he kept it in his pocket, leaning back into the wooden chair and gazed out of the window we sat next to. I had to marvel at it too; it definitely wasn't the view we had from our hotel, despite it being in a prime spot. This was uninterrupted beach, sand, and greenery. No parking lots, sidewalks, there wasn't even any lightpoles. It was pure.

"I never took you for a cultural person," I admitted, gazing at the sinful side profile of my husband.

He slowly turned his attention to me. He stared back at me a moment, looking almost curious of me on the contrary. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me," he said eventually, just as the waitress returned with our iced waters.

"Would you like to order, or have a look at the menu?" she asked, holding of two.

Sehun glanced at me in question. "I want a plate lunch of lau lau, kalua pork, lomi lomi salmon, poi, haupia, and rice and an order of spam musubi," he cited off before I could answer his look.

Pleased with his choice apparently, the lady looked at me for my order. "Uhh . . . I'll have the same, minus the spam thing," I stuttered, albeit politely. She hurried away after that, telling us to call her if we needed anything.

"How do you know what all that is?" I asked lowly when she was gone.

He shrugged. He took a small sip of his water and resumed resting his eyes beyond the window., his chin propped on the palm of his hand with his elbow resting on the table. A thought occured to me as we sat there in silence and I pulled my phone out of my clutch.

Sehun was quick to block my camera with his large hand. "What are you doing?" he asked sourly.

"Your mother wanted pictures, did she not?" I asked.

He reluctantly dropped his hand, reminded of why we were even here in the first place, and turned back to the window. I snapped a couple of photos, hating the lighting and God for blessing the man in front of me with such good looks. It appeared he wasn't up for conversation so I kept quiet and returned my phone to my clutch and, despite the rolling storm of questions in my head, simply enjoyed the view along with him until our food came.

I was a bit taken aback by the sight of the food once it arrived. Sehun thanked the lady before she was gone again.

"Just try it," he said around a mouthful, eventually noticing my hesitance to test the food on my plate. "If you don't like it, I'll eat it."

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at him for a moment, asking myself why he was being sort of friendly today, but decided to try one of the thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter