Eighth

Soleil et Lune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Junhoe, are you okay?” Donghyuk elbows Junhoe and checks his blank expression, but he is still staring at his notebook, with nothing but scribbles of lyrics on it instead of College Algebra formulas.

 

“Mr. Goo!” Mr. Ahn, the professor, awakens him from his trance.

 

“Yes, sir?” Junhoe shakes his head.

 

“Can you answer the third question?” Junhoe takes a good look at the whiteboard, and after trying to at least figure the simple equation out, he gets an outcome.

 

“Uh, 45, sir?” He answers hesitantly.

 

“That’s correct, but please pay attention,” Junhoe nods in understanding and heaves out in relief. Donghyuk does not have to think much to figure out why he is acting the way he is.

 

“Yuna?” The name makes Junhoe’s head turn. “She’s fine, Junhoe.”

 

“That’s not my concern,” Junhoe denies, but it shows on his face that his worries are focused on her.

 

“Then what? Her closeness with Jaehyun?” Donghyuk queries. “Like she said last night, Junhoe, they’re friends.”

 

“I need to talk to her, Donghyuk,” Junhoe messes his hair in deep frustration.

 

“Then do exactly that,” Donghyuk just pushes him.

 

After class, just when Junhoe is about to rush back to the apartment of the Song siblings, he is stopped from his plans.

 

“Junhoe-ssi!” His classmate in Home Economics, Park Chaeyoung, calls him out all of a sudden. They are partners in one project, and it requires them going out of their way to create something homemade. They are not domestically equipped, as Junhoe lives in a dorm far away from home, and Chaeyoung came from Australia and has no other place to go.

 

“Ah, yes?” He asks politely.

 

“Are you in a hurry? I’m sorry, but when can we start with our project? The deadline is in two days,” Chaeyoung tries to speak in a manner that she is not pressuring him, and Junhoe takes no offense on what she said.

 

But he is in a hurry, yet he doesn’t want to bring Chaeyoung down.

 

“No, uh, we can do it now?” Junhoe responds. 

 

“Great! Uh, I thought we can make a quilt, or two quilts made with clothes that are already old.” Chaeyoung suggests.

 

“That’s actually an amazing idea, but I have no stuff to make it with. Do you?” 

 

“Ah, yes, I do! Where do you want to make it?” Chaeyoung seems excited to start their work. “Do you have some old shirts though?”

 

“I don’t, but I’ll ask some friends. Let’s meet later at seven, is that okay?” Junhoe requests.

 

“Sure, Junhoe-ssi. I’ll text you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter