Second

Soleil et Lune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Look who’s home! Why did you even bother?” Yuna comes home to her drunken father, Song Jino, who seems to still act like how he does sober. She chooses to ignore him and makes a beeline to her bedroom.

 

Here is where she finds tranquility. In the confines of this small room is where she can clearly see everything she has been wanting to see. Nothing is wrong in here, and although she finds this certain area of the house peaceful, she cannot wait to leave it.

 

She can’t wait to go to college and be free from the imprisonment she is in.

 

Yup, badass and coldhearted Song Yuna is held captive by her own parents.

 

Did Yunhyeong oppa feel the same as I do? Did Minho oppa deserve the disownment?

 

These questions enter her mind, and her memories turn back to her playful older brothers who she misses very much. Minho has gone to Seoul National University, trying to pursue his career as an artist. Their parents did hold him back before when they said that the oldest Song child will never have a future with fine arts, but he rebelliously left to go after his dreams.

 

Model child Song Yunhyeong is currently attending Yonsei University and is on the medical field. Up to now, Yuna wonders how her brother can take that much pressure from their parents. For all she knows, he really wants to be a writer, like she does. Yunhyeong is too nice to pass up their parents’ request of having a doctor in the family.

 

Meanwhile, she does not know what to do with her life.

 

She has already passed both SNU and Yonsei, just deciding who to go with. Whether to go to her playful brother Song Minho who’s probably having fun not being confined, or to Song Yunhyeong who she knows is too much compressed by high expectations.

 

“Yuna,” she hears her mother’s husky voice from the small space by the door. “There is a snail mail for you. From Seoul National University and Yonsei University.”

 

Yuna opens the door and sees her mother, not even a bit curious about the envelopes in her hand.

 

“Don’t you want to open it?” She at least wants to ask a little bit of love from her own mother, but the older woman’s reply crumbles her hopes.

 

“These are yours. Why will I open them? It’s your future, not mine,” and they are thrown to her without any warning. Jung Yoonjin quickly leaves her daughter behind to wallow in self-pity and wonder what she did for her parents to hate her this much.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter