Fifth

Soleil et Lune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’s that kid on your phone, isn’t he?” Jaehyun inquires as he looks on the cracked screen of her phone.

 

“How did you even know?” And if Yuna wasn’t inclined on drinking alcohol before, her preferences have changed. After seeing Koo Junhoe once again tonight after what happened to them, her mind is in chaos.

 

“Just a guess,” Jaehyun has stopped drinking when Yuna began to. “Ex?”

 

“Mhmm,” Yuna only hums in reply. Even if those three words weren’t exchanged between her and Junhoe, she felt it genuinely for him.

 

She really loved him. Probably still does.

 

“What happened?” Jaehyun feels like he is being a bit intrusive. He realizes that when Yuna looks at him judgingly.

 

“Hey, come on, it’s nice to talk to someone like this. I won’t tell anyone.” Jaehyun swears, even offering his pinky for Yuna to intertwine with hers. Reluctantly, she does it, all ready to explain.

 

“He has dreams,” Yuna speaks after a long drink. “He has ambitions, and I am a hindrance to that. His parents never liked me, anyway.”

 

“So you broke up with him?” Jaehyun sounds confused, but honestly, Yuna’s just the same as him.

 

“No, he broke up with me,” Yuna laughs airily. “Said something about not working out when we’re in university or like that. I think I really am a distraction.” Jaehyun nods as the information slowly dawns to him.

 

“How do you feel now? After seeing him?” Jaehyun is beginning to sound like a marriage counselor everyone would like to consult with. He is careful with his words, and he says it without sounding forcible.

 

“Honestly?” Yuna once again takes a long sip. “I’m still confused. I thought, believed, that what he and I had was real. At least to me, it still is real. I never told him, but he made my heart beat a lot when we were together.” Yuna expresses, probably the most she has in years, and it is in front of someone she does not know much.

 

“You’re a nice person to talk to, Jung Jaehyun,” Yuna finishes her beer off.

 

“Glad I can help, if I even did,” Jaehyun unsurely responds. “I’m not in any position to give you any advice, not that you’re also asking for it, but can I tell you a piece of it?”

 

Yuna’s never one to listen to anyone’s opinion, especially if she is not well acquainted with that person. She does not trust a lot either, but something about Jung Jaehyun makes Yuna feel that he is worthy of her trust.

 

“What is it?” Yuna mumbles in question.

 

“You two have a lot you need to talk about,” Jaehyun finally decides to drink another one. Watching Yuna made him do it. “There may not be any indication that there is something to clarify, but from where I’m seated right now, he’s looking at you like he missed you a lot. And he’s about to murder me by talking to you over beer and chicken.” Yuna does not quite understand what Jaehyun is trying to say. She can hear Jinhwan’s loud stories and Junhoe’s booming laughter.

 

“Huh?” Yuna tilts her head. Jaehyun has stopped her from drinking.

 

Turn around.

 

For the second time that night, she finds Koo Junhoe looking at him, and her eyes may be deceiving her, but that longing look is the same one she’s been wearing ever since they broke it off.

 

“So how’s the first week?” Junhoe does not digest the question the person next to him has just asked.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Stop staring at my sister,” Junhoe only realizes that the person behind him is none other than Song Yunhyeong, Song Yuna’s older brother.

 

“Who’s she with?” It doesn’t make sense really. They have broken up; thus they should not be as curious about each other like they were when they were together.

 

In Yunhyeong’s focal point though, the two have unresolved feelings.

 

“A classmate,” Yunh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter