Fourth

Soleil et Lune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna has always loved keychains. 

 

In every place she goes to, she never forgets to pick up a piece to remember it by. It has become a habit of hers, she said, ever since his older brothers came with her to Lotte World when she was only five, and Yunhyeong and Minho are seven and nine. Hanbin's mom asked them to come along when Yuna began telling stories about how she wanted to ride a merry-go-round, but never had the chance to. 

 

Of course, as a mother, the story tugged her heartstrings. Yuna had always been that independent kid every mother would be lucky to have. So instead of Yuna's ungrateful mother, Kim Hana became a maternal figure to her. 

 

Junhoe found all these things out from her neighbor, Kim Hanbin right after graduation, when things are already nasty and are over between Koo Junhoe and Song Yuna. He became aware of it right after she left her parents’ house. 

 

He doesn't even know where she goes for college. He didn’t bother asking her when they were still together. He can ask Hanbin, but the guy is on Yuna's side. Although tempted to pour it all out, Hanbin clearly cares for Yuna as his younger sister and wouldn't want to put her in much more pain. 

 

Every little thing reminds Junhoe of Yuna. So along with the journal he intended on buying, he grabs an Iron Man key ring along. 

 

He'll give it to Yuna, maybe someday. And along with giving it to her is the vow of never letting her go again. 

 

 

Yunhyeong admires his sister's tolerance in pain, whether it be physical or emotional. 

 

She rarely cries whenever they're watching an emotional movie. Even right now, while he and Minho are bawling their eyes out over Jack Dawson's tragic death in Titanic, she's eating her popcorn and chicken pops leisurely. 

 

"You're heartless!" Yunhyeong jokes while wiping his tears in haste. Minho spends his time mourning over the loss of Leonardo DiCaprio's character. 

 

"Hey, I do have a heart," Yuna chuckles as she downs her coke. "It's just stone cold and hard."

 

Yunhyeong knows that it isn't about the movie anymore. Everything she says is about how and who she is in reality. Yuna gets afraid, but crying is something she does not spend her time doing. 

 

"I'm going to cry on my bed now." Minho retires to his room as he brings his Pepero pillow along. Minho has always been a crybaby. He even cried when Yuna gave her a mere candy when she was only two. 

 

"Yun," It confuses Yuna, though. They call each other Yun, even if the first syllable in Yuna's name is actually Yu. Somehow, though, the nickname has become the cohesion in their relationship as close siblings. 

 

"I know you're strong, but really, it's okay to cry." Yunhyeong soothes her, knowing she needs it even without telling. "You can cry. I'm here."

 

And that night, after months, or even years of bottling it up, Song Yuna cried on the arms of her older brother. 

 

 

"Hey," a short, blonde man suddenly barges in the quaint apartment of the Song siblings. 

 

"Uh, who are you?" The short man asks Yuna, as if she is the stranger in the situation. Evidently, though, she is. The two residents might be her siblings, but the people who have entered here know more about their current lives than she does. 

 

"Hyung, you should give us a heads up if you are going to drop by," Yunhyeong steps in before Yuna can introduce herself. It's obvious now that the short man is her brother's friend. 

 

"That has not stopped me before," Shortie replies with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Now, who's this fine, young lady?" He brings her knuckles to his lips, planting a kiss on it as if he is a knight in a shining armor. 

 

"My sister, Yuna," Yunhyeong finally presents his sibling. "Minho hyung will kill you if you hit on her."

 

"Oh, jeez, I'm scared," Shortie once again shows his sardonic nature as he feigns fear. "I'm Kim Jinhwan by the way. Jinhwan oppa will be fine."

 

"Okay, then," Yuna nods and sits on the couch. "So what brings you here?"

 

"Tough," Jinhwan points out. "You remind me of someone who I just met. Anyway, the guys and I are going out for drinks and they're bringing a couple of freshmen to show around. Do you want to come? Your brother's coming." Jinhwan announces, but it is apparent that Yunhyeong hasn't confirmed to that invitation yet. 

 

"You're taking underage freshmen out for drinks? It's only been a week of classes," Yuna raises a brow. 

 

"Well, sorry for being wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter