Part IX

The Taste of Chaos

Cause a devil kissed me
Kissed me 
Why’d you never
Miss me miss me
Yeah the devil kissed me
Kissed me kissed me

- Soldier - 

 

Anna stood up, confused and scared that she was losing her mind.

All that she heard and saw the last weeks that had no explanation was probably her imagination playing tricks on her. She was undoubtedly having visions and she needed medical help fast.

She stepped back wanting to leave the dusty dark house when her body bumped against someone.

Anna turned around, her eyes meeting Taemin’s making her scared.

She was seeing things again, he couldn’t be real.

“I’m going crazy! This is not happening, you are not here!”

“I’m here!” He answered “You are not seeing things. You saw what I wanted you to see, just that!”

Anna swallowed hard, her eyes moving around the room “So it looked like this all the time?” Taemin nodded “I’m not going crazy, you used your powers to deceive me?”

“Yes. That’s why I said I would need your tears. They are powerful.”

“They make you do magic tricks?”

Her question made him smile and Anna felt silly. She was tired of all that, she wanted to know the truth. “Who are you? I’m not leaving until you tell me the truth and this time with no tricks!”

“I told you before. I’m the devil!”

“No you are not. Who are you?”

He didn’t answer and Anna wondered if he couldn’t tell her. He once said that if she knew who he was he would have to kill her. Maybe that was true. However he did answer her this time.

“I’m a demon, a dark angel. A real one. I’m dead!”

Anna didn’t even blink her eyes. Deep down inside her she knew his true identity already.

He couldn’t be a real human and clearly there was something about him that didn’t make him a good creature also.

She felt her legs tremble and suddenly they gave in. He grabbed her before she hit the old wood floor. He sat on it with her in his arms, her body leaning against his, her head on his chest while he tried to warm her cold body.

She was freezing and he knew why. Her energy has reached a limit. All the time she stayed inside the house was weakening her to a point of no return.

She had her eyes closed and he moved his fingers to her pale cold lips, making her open them to look back at him. Even in the darkness, with the only light coming from the moon outside she could see his brilliant dark eyes staring at her blue ones, reading her like an open book.

That dark soul wanted her and Taemin knew why. Not only her energy was beautiful  but also her body and all of her. To him she was perfect, with her beautiful gentle eyes, sassy personality and curiosity, and that scared him. His heart didn’t work anymore and yet when she was touching him he could feel it beating inside his chest, making him human again. At that moment, with Anna on his arms looking at him, his fingers caressing and warming her skin, he was human again. At least he felt like he was.

“The house is killing you. I told you so many times before. He watches every move you make while the house all your energy. You need to save yourself and the only way to do that is to move far away from here.”

“You said you are a demon…” Her voice was low like a whisper “If you are a demon why are you protecting me? I know that every time you touch me I feel stronger. I know you are visiting me to protect me. Why?”

“Not all demons are bad. We are only lost souls, human beings that did something terribly wrong and now have to repent for their sins.”

“What did you do?” Anna couldn’t possible imagine him doing anything wrong. He could be a demon but his appearance was from an angel instead.

His expression darkened and she almost could see the sorrow on his eyes “I can’t tell you. If I do I’ll be forever in this form.”

“There is another one?” She felt a little stronger, her body finally warming up with his caresses.

“Yes. If the human I…the one to whom I committed the sin forgives me then I am free  to cross.”

“Where?” She was even afraid to ask. She didn’t want him to go away and leave her. That idea scared her.

“I really don’t know. I only know this. No one told me openly. I only heard it in my head. It’s hard to explain.”

She raised her fingers to caress his cheek and he didn’t move still hugging her against his body. She never felt as safe like she felt in that moment in her whole life, even though there was death and sorrow around him. She could feel it more than ever and yet she didn’t know how. Maybe she really had a sixth sense, strange powers. He said she had them before.

“Does your brother know that you died? That you are a demon?”

She could have asked him about her powers, about her, but she needed to know more about him.

“He knows I died. He was at my funeral.” He couldn’t cry and yet she could see all the sadness on his eyes. “He can’t see me so I can’t speak to him either, only in dreams.”

“But I see you.”  She actually suspected that she was the only one who could see him before. “Why?”

Taemin rubbed her arm and then with his free hand he grabbed her hand. Anna marveled at the way her fingers fitted perfectly between his. “I can’t tell you.”

He moved ready to stand up but Anna grabbed him, her arms wrapping around his neck.

“Don’t leave me!” She never begged for a man to stay, but Taemin wasn’t a man after all. “If the house is killing me then take me with you, somewhere safe.”

“I can’t.  You can’t stay close to me for a long time.”

That confused her since in his arms she felt wonderful. Maybe she inflicted him some kind of pain, and yet she doubted it. He seemed very pleased to touch her, his fingers always caressing her, searching for her skin.

“Why?”

“Because….you are special too. You are an angel!”

His expression was serious but Anna laughed with his statement. “Are you serious?”

He nodded his head and the smile died on her face. If he was really a demon why couldn’t she be an angel?!

“I’m not dead. I can’t be an angel.”

“Some angels aren’t dead. They are born into this world to help balance the good and the evil. They find a way to help others in everything they do, even though they don’t realize it. You are an angel, like my brother is. I couldn’t see that before, but now, now I can see the light coming out from you. You are losing it staying in that house and once your sparkle disappears you will die.”

“That’s why I can see you? But, why can’t your brother? I still don’t understand…”

He touched her lips quieting her down, the color was slowly returning to them, thanks to the energy he was transmitting to her.

“You need to get back to your bedroom and close the door.”

Inside the bedroom, near her personal objects she would be safer. He would take care of her during her sleep.

“No. I’m not going!” She answered stubbornly, her hand on his neck, grasping his black shirt. “I will stay here with you.”

“I told you that you can’t!” He insisted “You are an angel, and angels and demons can’t be together…” His voice failed him when he noticed what he was implying.

Together

The words he said seemed to touch her in a way too, since her aura became stronger.

“Why?” her tone of voice was rising too, getting stronger “What If I want to be with you? What if I fell for you? If I love you…”

Her words made him widen his eyes and he immediately released her, pulling her arms away from him.

“NO!” He seemed terrified and Anna saw him crouch on the floor away from her. She kneeled ready to follow him when he raised his hand to signal her to stop.

Chaos is an angel that fell in love with a demon.” He said as if he was reciting something he heard or read “You can never…”

He didn’t manage to finish his sentence because she end the distance between them, her white pajama pants getting dirty with the dust of the floor when she leaned forward falling on his arms, her lips finding his.

The last thing she saw before closing her eyes was his eyes wide open looking at her. His hands were on her shoulder but Taemin didn’t push her away and even kissed her back, his lips moving on his own, sharing a passionate yet sweet kiss with her.

Anna wasn’t the type to attack a man like that. Her boyfriend used to say that she was cold and unpassionately, maybe because she saw him more as a friend than anything, but surprisingly with Taemin things felt different.

Maybe it’s true what they say about the devil being able to seduce you.

Slowly she moved back, her nose brushing against his, her eyes fluttering open. He was looking at her with his lips still parted. His eyes seemed more alive than ever and she moved her fingers on his arm. She could swear she could feel the blood pumping on his veins even though he said he was dead.

She wasn’t wrong. His blood was really running, his heart was beating fast and Taemin was stunned because that was the first time in a long time that he truly felt human for real.

100% human!

Her lips weren’t pale anymore and she looked so beautiful that he felt like kissing her again, not once but several times.  It was as if she breathed life into him with that kiss. Maybe it was because she was an angel, maybe because they had a special connection, or maybe because he loved her like he never loved anyone when he was alive.

It was probably because of all of that.

Her hand moved over his and she sneaked her fingers between his, a sweet soft smile gracing her features making him feel blessed.

Chaos!

The word echoed on his head and he quickly moved his eyes to the night sky outside.

Anna saw the change on his expression and she followed his eyes just when a big sound made the land shake.

She released a cry of fear when a big lightning illuminated the sky, heavy rain starting to fall.

She was surprised because that was the first time she saw a huge storm like that and because the weather was fantastic the last days.

“Chaos…” He mumbled and Anna realized what he meant, his hand releasing hers.

In Taemin mind that was happening because they kissed.