Part VI

The Taste of Chaos

Cause a devil kissed me
Kissed me 
Why’d you never
Miss me miss me
Yeah the devil kissed me
Kissed me kissed me

- Soldier - 

 

I knew you would come!” She said turning on the lamp on the bedside table. Taemin immediately turned it off making her complain. “I want to see you!”

He pulled his arm away wanting to run away but she firmly grasped his wrist.

“No.” He said with a gentle voice “Trust me.”

He grabbed her other hand and she slowly released him letting herself be pulled from her bed to the window.

His hand was warming her up and she wasn’t cold anymore when they stepped into the light of the moon together.

Anna wasn’t surprised to see the man of the cliff house in front of her but still she took her time admiring his features.

She raised her fingers to his face and slowly caressed his cheek to be sure that he was real. He didn’t move still watching her.

“I knew it was you.”

“Speak in a low voice.” He whispered. “He might hear you.” Worry crossed his features and she stepped closer to him.

“Who?” She whispered.

“You can’t tell anyone about me. If you do, you die. I’ll kill you!” His face contorted in anger, highlighting his threatening words but she didn’t even flinch.

“I don’t have to tell anyone. I don’t think they are able to see you like I do. And I don’t think you would hurt me even if you needed to.”

Her fingers moved down his cheek admiring the perfection of his skin that was like marble but he pulled her hand away.

“Did you lock the door?” His eyes moved in the direction of the wood door as if he was seeing something she couldn’t.

“Yes. I did it as you told me to.”

“Do it every night. He will come for you at night when everyone is sleeping. He will hurt you so deeply that you will beg to die and you can’t die. Be careful and stay inside your bedroom the whole night. He is weaker here.”

That was too much information for Anna and she wasn’t sure what to ask first. Who is he? Why would he want to hurt her? Why did Taemin want to protect her at all costs and why was she safer in her bedroom?

“Why? Who wants to hurt me and kill me…?”

Taemin swallowed his eyes on the door as if he was listening to something. “The souls of his victims still live inside this house. I can hear them calling me, begging for help because they can’t get away, they keep suffering in the shadows. You can end up like them.”

“Tell me who is he…” She pleaded grabbing his arm.

“I can’t! I can’t tell you but I can help you. I can show you what he does. He the impure ones first. He kills them and sometimes he watches them bleed  to death and bathes himself in their blood.”

Anna paled in fear with Taemin words “What nonsense are you talking about?”

“It’s worse with the pure ones, he keep those. You need to believe me. I’ll show you if you want and after you must leave this house.”

Anna blinked her eyes when he caressed her face, his thumb hesitantly moving on her cheek before he slid his hand to her forehead, brushing her dark hair away from her skin.

“This will hurt you but it will make you understand how dangerous it is if you stay!” He took a deep sigh and closed his eyes. “Close your eyes!”

She did as he told her and she felt his other hand grab her’s. “Don’t ever let go of it! It’s your link to the real world!”

She swallowed frightened grasping his hand. For a few moments nothing happened and then she felt herself getting lighter as if she was floating over the floor. Anna couldn’t say anything but she opened her eyes.

She wasn’t inside her room anymore and instead she was inside the bathroom.

It was dark and the moon was only illuminating the bathtub that seemed to be full with something.

She slowly walked to it, her heartbeat accelerating because she was sure that what she would see wasn’t going to be a good thing.

She gasped a few steps from it when she realized that it wasn’t water that filled it but something red. A woman was inside it. She could see her fingers over her stomach, her hair floating above the water. Her face was pale, her wrists cut and her eyes were open staring at her lifeless.

Anna covered ; tears coming to her eyes because it was as if she could feel her pain.  She tried to step back but she couldn’t. Something was pulling her to the bathtub.

“Please don’t hurt me. I won’t tell anyone…” Someone cried and Anna looked around her searching for the owner of that voice.

“I’ll do anything you ask me to.” Someone else screamed, making Anna jump on her place. Then a loud scream of pain followed by several different voices crying made her cover her ears. That was too much because Anna could feel in her skin the pain of those women. It hurt so much that she couldn’t stop crying. All the dreams and hopes they had for the future ended in one night. Anna opened searching for air but abruptly it was as if all oxygen was being out from the bathroom. She was suffocating when suddenly everything stopped and she let herself breathe again.

She couldn’t hear anything anymore and Anna slowly took her hands away from her ears.

Someone entered the bathroom. She couldn’t see his face because his back was to her. It was a man and he was . She saw him enter the bathtub, his body disappearing under the blood.

He was going to turn around to look at her when Anna widened her eyes in terror. That was also when she felt Taemin hand on hers and she woke up from the vision going back to her bedroom.

Taemin was holding her on his arms because apparently she lost strength on her legs. He softly placed her in the bed and sat by her side watching her recovering her breath. He cleaned her sweaty forehead and caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers.

“Was that real?” She asked in terror and he nodded his head.

“Unfortunately yes. Memories from the house, from the past. A spirit shared it with us so you could see why you need to leave.”

“That can’t happen to me!” Anna said a tear falling from her eyes, a tear that he quickly caught with his thumb.

“It can’t but it might.” He said staring at his thumb as if that tear was something valuable to him.

Anna ignored the gesture and instead grabbed his hand “He is the devil. That man…”

Taemin didn’t answer and she bit her lip “And you? Who are you?”

He couldn’t be human. With all that she saw him do, he couldn’t.

“I’m the devil too!”  He said pulling her hand away from his and standing up from the bed. He seemed so tall in front of her and even though he seemed weak she was sure he could break her neck if he wanted.

“Will you hurt me too?” Anna asked raising her eyes to his.

He smiled bitterly as if the answer was too obvious. “I already did!”

Anna couldn’t ask him what he meant because he already turned away and she saw him jump outside the window as if it wasn’t in the first floor.

She ran to the window and bended forward to see him walk away as if that jump was nothing.