Part X

The Taste of Chaos

In my heart Drip Drop you fall one by one

Drip Drop you wet me more

Drip Drop like this music

Drip Drop Drip Drop on me

- Drip Drop - 

 

Taemin eyes were on the falling rain, the sound of the storm outside was unbearable and the wind was so strong that it made the old windows of his house shake. Anna was a little scared but he didn’t seem scared at all. Instead he seemed resigned that it was happening, as if the sky was sending him a message.

“See?” he said with a calm voice that didn’t match the one he had before she kissed him. “You must go now!”

“No!” She insisted because to her a storm wasn’t a sign that they shouldn’t be together. Anna liked to follow her instincts and she knew that loving him was the right thing to do.

Taemin didn’t argue with her. Instead he stood up, his figure blocking part of the light coming from outside. “I’ll go then!”

Anna raised her hand to grab his legs but he quickly disappeared under the rain as if it was nothing, as if the droplets of water didn’t touch him at all.

She stood up to run after him but once she stepped outside a huge thunder illuminated the sky making her step back.

It felt too much like a warning and she let herself fall back to the floor watching the rain. There was no sign of Taemin anymore and she bit her lip wondering where he disappeared to. Where do dark angels live?! Do they even measure time like normal people do?

Normal people…she wasn’t normal after all. Anna stretched her hand feeling the rain fall on her fingers. Was she truly an angel?

Anna couldn’t go back home while it rained, not that she wanted to do it anyway, so she stayed at the door of the old house, watching the rain fall until she fell asleep, tiredness taking over her body.

She woke up in the morning shivering, cold, her clothes wet with sweat. She barely could open her eyes and Anna knew she had a fever.

With the bare strength she possessed, Anna stood up and walked down the stairs and in the direction of her aunt’s house. The rain stopped already but everywhere was filled with big puddles of water that she barely avoided, walking like a zombie, too tired to open her eyes.

Her vision was fuzzy too so most of the way opening them wouldn’t help at all.

She stretched her arms when she was a few steps away from the house and a faint smile graced her pale lips when she saw her uncle leave the house, ready to go work.

“Anna?” he asked worried and perplexed “What are you doing outside so early?” His eyes moved on her body, examining her figure “Are you ok?”

She didn’t answer, instead she tripped on her feet and fall forwards. Thankfully he was quick to grab her and Anna fainted on his arms from exhaustion.

f4dwdv.jpg

Anna? Anna?”

She opened her eyes and saw her aunt’s face above her.

“You are burning with a fever! What were you doing the whole night?”

“Chaos…” Anna mumbled wondering if it that was a punishment for that kiss.

“Chaos?” her aunt asked caressing her forehead that was burning.

“A demon and an angel kiss…”

“She isn’t saying anything with sense!” Her uncle said. “I’m going to call the doctor now!”

Anna’s aunt placed a glass of water near her lips and asked her to drink “Don’t worry. Your uncle is going to call a doctor and he will take care of you. “

“I-I….”she knew what she needed “I need Taemin...”

“Who?” Her aunt asked but Anna could only repeat his name over and over again as if it was a prayer and he was the only one who could save her.

 

f4dwdv.jpg

The doctor came that afternoon and he prescribed several pills she needed to take besides drinking a lot of liquids. It was supposedly a cold and she was going to be fine soon.

Anna was sure that that wasn’t the case. She knew that her energy was quickly disappearing. Taemin warned her several times before but she couldn’t listen to him and now she was dying. She needed him. Anna needed to at least see him one last time before dying.

Her insensate calls made him come that night. She knew it was him once he grabbed her hand, his fingers warming her immediately, the energy coming from them making her open her eyes that were red and lifeless.

“You came back…” She said with a weak voice, smiling softly, her pale lips that were so red when she kissed him making him sad.

He caressed her forehead, his touch making her breathe relieved “Your time is ending!”

“You can help me! You said you can block the energies…I need to recover.”

He frowned clearly not wanting to be near her for longer than he should, the rain from that night still fresh on his mind.

“I shouldn’t help you. I shouldn’t have since the beginning. I broke so many of our laws.”

She laughed weakly wondering why even demons had laws to follow.

“Help me.”

Her eyes were so beautiful and he was in love after all. If there was anything he could do to save her he would do it even if he knew it was wrong. He sinned before. That was the reason he was now a dark angel, so he could do it one more time if that meant saving her. He owed her that even if he didn’t have feelings for her which was not the case.

He leaned forward and kissed Anna’s forehead sweetly, his lips staying against her skin for a longer time than they should. It was enough to make her recover some color and Anna used part of the energy he transferred to her to sit on the bed.

“If I am dying, if this dark spirits are killing me, why do they try to enter my bedroom at night?” She asked and he sat by her side, their fingers still entwined, the exchange of energy and life being made through their touch.

“The dark spirits are weakening you because they are trying to warn you against that evil presence. They don’t want to kill you, they do it without no malice, because you are an angel, and you can hear them, If you were a normal person you wouldn’t be affected.”

“Then this dark presence is not a spirit?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Why?”

“If I do I will get back to where I was before. We aren’t supposed to talk about living beings.”

Anna sighed moving her hand to the bottle of water her aunt left for her to drink.

Taemin helped her and she drank a lot, clearly feeling a little better.

“Then,” She cleaned with the back of the hand holding the bottle, because she didn’t want to let go of him, and placed it over the bedside table again. “This identity doesn’t want me dead?”

“Not yet.” He said making her shiver “He admires you, your beauty. He loves you, your innocence.”

“That’s why he killed…” Her voice failed her, thinking about her friend.

“Yes.”

Anna caressed Taemin cheek not able to stay away from him for long, now that she kissed him.

“No!” He warned grabbing her hand, reading her thoughts.

“I don’t mind the chaos, the consequences. Love is a lot like chaos. Turns your world upside down and makes you trip but at the same time it picks you up and makes everything better.”

He sadly caressed her fingers “You can’t love someone that is dead.”

“You can’t choose who you love.” Anna answered stubbornly “Do you love me?”

Her question made him look away in pain. If he answered it, if he gave in to his feelings he wasn’t sure about what would happen.

He wasn’t sure who, but someone told him about the laws he needed to obey to so the laws of the living world would keep having meaning. He couldn’t have feels for the living. He couldn’t get attached to them. Worse he couldn’t love an angel. What would result of that was something that would defy life and death itself.

“Do you?” She insisted and he knew he didn’t have the right to lie to her, not after what he done.

“Yes.”

That was all Anna needed to know and she smiled before leaning forward kissing him.

He didn’t move back and kissed her back too. Both broke the kiss and waited for a storm or another sign that the gods were mad with them. Nothing happened and even Taemin seemed surprised, his eyes on the ceiling of her bedroom.

“See?” She held “Nothing happened. Maybe we were blessed.” Anna giggled “I feel so much better.”

“I know!”

“What?”

“A kiss, a physically sign of love is more powerful than anything else.”

“So when you kiss me it works better than a simple touch?”

He nodded his head slowly and Anna covered giggling shyly.

“What?” He asked embarrassed and Anna instead of answering placed her hand over his chest.

He looked at her puzzled and she moved her hand down his body and then under his shirt making him widen his eyes when her cold fingers touched his hot skin.

“Then If I touch your skin, it will block the spirits of reaching me and will make me stronger?”

“Yes…” He swallowed nervously, her fingers exploring his chest.

“Then I know what will cure me.” She whispered. She knew what she wanted and the best thing was that it was exactly what she needed to feel better. His body was her salvation.

Taemin blinked his eyes anxiously as if he was reading her mind and Anna removed her hand from under his t-shirt grabbing her nightgown instead and pulling it over her head, her black hair falling over her s making Taemin stare at them, his body froze just before she made her request.

“Make love with me…”