Lunch Date Gone Wrong

The Casanova's Amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung's P.O.V

"How many times do I have to tell you guys that Mr. Kim isn't interested in modelling!?"

That was the first thing I heard the moment I left my office space.

If you're wondering to whom that voice belongs to, that angered voice you're hearing right there is coming from our new executive secretary. Yes, our new executive secretary. We had her hired a couple of months ago. Working alone without any help or at least support can be pretty troublesome.

I've learned that the hard way on one fine day, and there's no way I'd like to have a recollection of memoirs from that unfaithful—unfortunate event.

"Mr. Kim! Good Afternoon!" She immediately roses up from her seat and ends the call with a slam. "I hope you had a wonderful morning! You've been working hard, too!"

"Good afternoon to you as well, Ryujin." I smiled back. "Busy afternoon?"

"Yup. The phone calls just wouldn't stop coming in." She complains. "And get this, Mr. Kim—they are all calling for the same reason! They've been asking me non-stop to persuade you to at least participate in their photoshoot for the hottest young C.E.O's all over the world! And I'm just completely taken back? Because don't get me wrong, sir, you're drop dead gorgeous, but I can't believe the business industry is taking to a turn into something like this—! I thought looks always came in last!?"

"Well, welcome to the Kim Enterprises, Ryujinnie ~ " I said, a slight hint of a teasing tone evident in my voice. "That happened to our previous secretaries as well, it's kind of like a tradition that happens at least once a year. It's miracle that you're able to handle such a task. The last one immediately turned in their resignation letter after getting the 100th phone call for the day."

"Jesus Christ. 100 phone calls? They should have blocked the number on their fifth call!"

"And that's exactly what you're going to do. If they call back, give them my number. I'll tend to their concerns. Block them from yours so you would be able to take a break and finally focus on the important stuffs. It must be crazy having the phone ring every minute." I chuckled.

"Right? I swear I'm gonna go crazy if the phone rings again—"

RING! RING!

"—please have a wonderful afternoon, Mr. Kim! Eat well!"

"You too, Ryujin!"

"This is the hundredth time you've called today, and how many times do I have to say no? that Mr. Kim isn't a model and he doesn't wanna do it?" Ryujin says through the phone, her teeth jarred, and her face looking completely annoyed. "I know he did that back then but he doesn't wanna do it now—! Jesus Christ, you know what, I'll just give you his number so you can hear it for yourself—!"

I shook my head, a small chuckle leaving my lips as I watched Ryujin give my number to the caller with a forced smile seeping through her face. I gave her an i'm-so-sorry-this-is-happening-to-you smile, to which she returned with an i-got-this smile.

I made a mental note to myself to give Ryujin a raise or maybe an early bonus. I know it hasn't been a year, and she was just newly hired a few months ago, but the girl's really hardworking, you know? And not to mention she's pretty strategic as well. The moment Seokjin turned in her application, a small part of me knew she was the person we were just looking for!

And like always, my instincts never fail to disappoint me! Her first day of work was a blast. She immediately brightened up the atmosphere, got along well with her fellow workers, and is always quick and responsive in whatever task you've given her for the day.

I left the office and met with Namjoon a couple of blocks away. Our plan for today was to relax a little in this newly built café just around the corner. We decided to catch up with life on our way there, told each other what we have planned for this month.

When we got to the café, there was no doubt that the whole place was packed. People were seeping here and there, loud chatters at every corner. I guess the whole place is pretty famous after all? Getting a table would be pure sheer luck, and lucky us, we were able to get that kind of luck!

After setting down our empty bags on the table (just to send the message that people had already occupied the spot), we went to the counter to place our orders. Once we were given the receipt, we went back and busied ourselves by newspapers and magazines.

"I heard Jungkook has already arrived," Namjoon starts the conversation, flipping through the magazine.

At the same time, I flipped to the next page of the news paper, my eyes meeting his for a moment. "Yeah, I heard it to. He arrived 2 days ago, didn't he?"

"Yup. I also heard from Yoongi that Mrs. Jeon might hold this extravagant welcome party for her son. Can you believe how far his mother is willing to go? Damn, my mom didn't even host huge party for me until my eighteenth birthday."

"Right? I've met Madame Jeon a couple of times, and I gotta say that woman is one really supportive mother. Strict, but supportive. A little overprotective, too." I added.

"A supportive mother? That must be very nice." Namjoon hums in appreciation.

I groaned, "You said it. It must be very very nice to receive support and encouragement in whatever you dream to do. Getting dictation from time to time from your very own parents isn't really such a nice world to live in."

"Please, if I would have started an entertainment company of my own if I had the chance."

"It's never too late to start something like that. You've got the brains and the money, starting your very own company is possible. You can even collaborate with Yoongi on this. I heard he's planing to do something eerily similar to your idea in the future."

"Geez, thanks, man. But as much as I want that to happen, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter