Surreal

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up next morning, staring blankly at the ceiling. If there’s one word to describe your feeling, it was disbelief. Everything seemed like a dream, a weird dream when you were walking in a forest and everything turned into daisies. When you stumbled upon an ugly duckling and it turned into a handsome prince. When you were in a world where the time is counter-clockwise and the wall is made of butterflies. It was bizarre, yet undeniably beautiful.

“Son Yoora, be my girlfriend?” Hyungwon’s voice kept echoing in your head, playing tricks with your brain. You shut your eyes, trying to breathe normally. It was almost too easy for him to confess his feeling, as easy as you nodded to express your willing. Everything happened in the blink of an eye, leaving you dumbfounded. You forgot how to speak, you forgot how to move; fortunately you didn’t forget how to breathe.

“Was it a dream?” you mumbled. If it was real, you would be happy. If it was a dream, you would be relieved. It was so sudden and your poor heart was not ready.

You absentmindedly walked out of your room, rubbing your eyes. In the hallway, you ran into Hyungwon. He looked breathtakingly handsome with his bed hair and your heart almost fell into your stomach.

“This is the moment of truth,” you thought.

He smiled at you, ruffling your hair. “Good morning, baby. Did you sleep well?”

Baby…

You felt weak on your knees.

 

 

Hyungwon didn’t announce your relationship to the others, but his behavior toward you obviously changed. You two exchanged sns and he occasionally texted you during his schedule. He and MONSTA X were busy at that time so you didn’t talk much with him. He would send you his backstage selcas and it was enough to cheer you up.

You hadn’t told Shownu about it, yet. You were thinking about telling him but he was busy, and you thought it would be better to reveal everything when the time is right. Hyungwon didn’t mention anything about your relationship as well; it means nobody knew except you both.

Yes, nobody knew, but you didn’t care. You were not the type who likes PDA anyways. However, being in relationship with Hyungwon made you happy. You smiled more, you laughed more, you even forgot your war with Changkyun. To be honest, you missed arguing with him but you were too focused on your boyfriend.

Boyfriend… you still couldn't believe that you were dating him.

 

 

“Are you free tomorrow?”

“Me? Yes… why?”

“We got a day off. Let’s go out for a date.”

You looked outside the bus window, recalling your conversation with Hyungwon last night. ‘Dating’ was one of foreign words in your vocabularies. Hyungwon was not your first love but he was your first date. You had a long distance relationship back in your high school days, and you never met your ex-boyfriend physically until your relationship ended.

So technically, it was your first date.

You were nervous and unprepared. You wore plain hoodies and jeans, and your hair was tied into a messy bun.  There was no different with your daily look at home but you didn’t care. You were more concerned with comfort than appearance.

Hyungwon was brave enough to go out with you by using public transport. He had to wear hoodie and mask to cover his face, but you didn’t mind. You could feel his warmth beside you, and it was enough to make your heart pounding.

The bus headed west, you were looking at the scenery when your eyes caught a glimpse of sea. “Are we going to seashore?” you excitedly asked. Hyungwon nodded and you could see him smiling behind his mask. When the bus stopped, you excitedly got off the bus, followed by Hyungwon behind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter