Secret Mission

(NOT A) PERFECT GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung was stepping down the stairs when her eyes captured a tall figure standing outside MONSTA X dorm. She had never seen him before – a neat guy in black shirt, jeans, and leather shoes. He was leaning on his car – a brand new white Audi. Miyoung approached him doubtfully before greeting him politely. “Excuse me?”

The guy looked up and Miyoung could see his handsome face clearly. He looked like a young CEO in late 20s. He was handsome, clean, and charming but his piercing eyes were cold and intimidating. He straightened up and soon after Miyoung realized that he was tall – slightly taller than Hyungwon.

“What are you doing here? Are you a journalist?” Miyoung asked. The guy shook his head and took something out of his pocket, a photo. He showed it to Miyoung and she found it familiar. It was a photo of a girl in school uniform and it only took seconds for Miyoung to recognize it.

It was your photo.

“Yoora eonni?” she raised her eyebrows.

“Yes, does she live here?” the guy asked. Miyoung nodded, “yes, she’s inside right now. Do you want to meet her?”

His eyebrows raised a bit and for a couple of seconds, he looked surprised. After letting out a sigh, he smiled and shook his head. “No, thank you.”

Before Miyoung could ask any further, the guy bowed and got into his car. Miyoung’s eyes followed the car until it was out of sight.

“Weird.”

“Maybe he’s Yoora eonni’s schoolmate,” with the thought, Miyoung shrugged and walked away.

 

 

It was past nine in the evening and there was no sign of the boys – you were alone again after Miyoung returned home. Your eyes told you to sleep, but the ghosts in your head kept you awake. Time went slowly, as if you were waiting for something, or someone. You hugged your knees and let out a sigh, “who am I waiting for?”

Deep down, you knew who you were waiting for. You always knew.

You got up and walked to practicing room. You checked computer desk and the box – Changkyun’s box was still there. It seemed like he didn’t know that you’ve found the box, so he just let it there, hidden under the desk. Your hand reached out for the box, holding it for the second time. The box changed your doubts and confusion to clarity, and you’ve made a decision.

Your hand reached for a pen and you collected all of your candid photos. You replied all of Changkyun’s note that was written on the backside of every photo. A small smile formed on your face as your hand scribbling on the photo paper, you couldn’t wait to see him opening the box to find out that his feelings had been requited.

 

 

Apparently Changkyun had a different plan. You didn’t know that he had discussed about something with the others – without you, of course.

But you knew it.

You could sense something fishy when MX come home with suspicious grin on their face – they obviously tried to hide it but your eyes couldn’t be fooled. You noticed their unusual gesture and slight expression change when they saw you. You were about to ask Kihyun what was going on when Wonho pulled you closer, “Yoora-ah, I’m hungry,” he whined. “Cook for me please~”

You chuckled, “not before you explain what you guys are hiding from me.”

He tilted his head and looked at you with the expression of innocent child. He chuckled awkwardly and shook his head, “I have no idea what are you talking about.”

“Liar,” you hissed. “Such a bad liar, Wonto oppa.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter