Attraction #3

Limerence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taekwoon-ah, come down, son,” shouted his mother from the kitchen on that Sunday morning. As how he always did, Taekwoon was sitting in front of his desk, studying for the upcoming week. Those who saw him would assume that he never got bored in studying. Well, indeed though. 

“Yeah, Mom?” he asked, standing next to his mother. 

“Your uncle is coming for lunch. I need you to buy me some ingredients, first.” 

“Alright, let me change my clothes.” Around fifteen minutes later, Taekwoon walked off to the nearest grocery with a note in his jeans' pocket. 

Taekwoon, being the only child of the family with no father, always tried to do everything for his mother. He knew how hard his mother worked only for him. Since his father died of a heart attack back then when he was still in kindergarten, his mother took up both roles, as a mother and also as a father for him. That would also be the reason why he was never tired of studying that hard. It was all because he wanted to make his mother proud of him. 

His uncle who was his mother's younger brother often came over on weekends to just hang out and stuff. Back then when Taekwoon's father had just died, he came almost everyday to console his sister and play with his nephew. Taekwoon remembered his uncle always brought his son who was only a few months younger than him. He hadn’t been that close to his cousin before, that was why the two would always bicker and ended up crying together. But as the time went by, the two grew to maintain a good relationship, moreover if they were always in the same school. 

After two blocks and a half away from his house, Taekwoon reached the grocery. It wasn’t a new thing for him because his working mother often asked him to do that since he was in middle school. That was probably why he only needed a few minutes to finish his shopping. 

Walking down the path back home, he passed by a park which he sometimes went to together with his cousin back in elementary school. Although it was no longer the same, but he was glad the park still existed and kids still played around there. He really loved passing by that park for he definitely loved kids. One thing that he wanted was actually having a younger sibling, but because of his family’s condition, that would never happen, except if his mother remarried. However, his mother preferred to spend her life only with him. 

When Taekwoon slowly walked while looking at the playing kids, he saw a girl, probably around eight or nine years old, sitting alone on a bench near the palm tree. In her hand was a lollipop candy, but from the way she looked, it seemed lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter