Attraction #2

Limerence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a fine late Saturday afternoon when Taekwoon walked towards a basketball court not that far from his school. Beforehand, he had agreed to join Hakyeon and Wonshik playing a 3 on 3 game against Hongbin, Jaehwan, and Sanghyuk. Indeed, although he was known as a bookworm who would always study, he was also known as the school's jock, even the year before he became the soccer's captain. 

 

When he reached the court, it was only ten past three and none of his friends had been there. He had decided to go earlier than he supposed for he wanted to have his own warming up by playing alone—since the court was usually empty at that time of moment. However, to his dismay, he found that half of the basketball court was occupied by a group of girls practicing their cheerleading moves. So, instead of doing the warming up he had planned to do, he decided to wait for his friends while watching the girls practice. He knew that several of them were his classmates and the rest were his juniors.  

 

While sitting on a bench at the side of the court, Taekwoon pulled out his cell phone alongside with its headset from his hoodies's pocket. Putting on the headset, he then played his favorite playlist and texted Hakyeon to hurry him. His attention then was diverted towards the cheerleading squad whom he assumed still didn’t recognize his presence. He was kind of intrigued as to how those girls with much smaller bodies than him could hold, toss, and catch each other. Although at that moment they only practiced the dance movements, still, he was eager to watch until one of them saw what he did. 

“Hey, what are you doing there?” she shouted. 

 

Still wearing the headset on, he couldn’t really grab what she said but knew for sure that she was talking to him. “What? Can’t hear you well,” he shouted back.

 

Instead of replying Taekwoon, the girl then asked one of her friends. “Eonni, is that your classmate?” 

 

“Who? Where?” she asked back, squinting her eyes. 

 

“That guy sitting on the bench over there,” she replied while pointed at where Taekwoon sat, “The ex soccer captain or something.” 

 

“Jung Taekwoon? What is he doing there?” 

 

“Hm, I don’t know, but I notice he has been paying attention on us. He’s not some kind of spy, isn’t he?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter